Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Let's hear everyone that has crucified LexCath and Lex Christian...

Featured Replies

The KHSAA already has plenty of power to enforce santctions for violations(no need for this so called enforcement proposal). They for one reason or another are not using that power to the full extent that they can and seem to be opting for fines instead of suspensions/removal from play. IMO fines are not the solution.

  • Replies 108
  • Views 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The KHSAA already has plenty of power to enforce santctions for violations(no need for this so called enforcement proposal). They for one reason or another are not using that power to the full extent that they can and seem to be opting for fines instead of suspensions/removal from play. IMO fines are not the solution.

 

The proposal, if we are talking about the same one, is not for added enforcement powers, its to hire and fund additional enforcement personnel (which is desparately needed).

The proposal, if we are talking about the same one, is not for added enforcement powers, its to hire and fund additional enforcement personnel (which is desparately needed).

 

I agree they may need more, but why spend the money if they continue to give out these ridiculous penalties.

Most complain about the KHSAA and then when it comes down to it they hide behind it. When you recruit, you recruit. The responses I get are, "the KHSAA found nothing wrong in what we are doing". Please don't tell me because the math teacher is standing beside you, it makes it alright because it's not solely athletics. It is the whole experience. Again I will never agree with some of these policies.

 

What if the math teacher is a coach? You make it sound like these schools have full time athletic employees and then teachers. Private schools typically are ran by much fewer people then a public school. Their teachers are most always involved in something else, and a lot of them are coaches. You need to relax on the hate toward privates, they are working for the kids just like your public teachers/coaches are, they are not going out looking for athletes, they advertise their schools to keep the school in business. Stop arguing and start working and your team will be as good as anyone of those privates. Public/private isn't the reason they are good, it's work, discipline, and commitment!!!!

Not a bash, just seems you have lots of hate toward privates?:fire:

The proposal, if we are talking about the same one, is not for added enforcement powers, its to hire and fund additional enforcement personnel (which is desparately needed).

 

 

I do not think it is desperately needed. Especially in the case where the KHSAA's own investigator provides accurate information to the BOC and they summarily disregard it. ;) As the other poster said, why spend the money. I think that the recent violations show that the KHSAA is pursuing and investigating claims that they are receiving. They just appear to be coming up a bit light in the court of public opinion on the punishment they are handing out, when they have all the latitude they need in bylaw 33.

I do not think it is desperately needed. Especially in the case where the KHSAA's own investigator provides accurate information to the BOC and they summarily disregard it. ;) As the other poster said, why spend the money. I think that the recent violations show that the KHSAA is pursuing and investigating claims that they are receiving. They just appear to be coming up a bit light in the court of public opinion on the punishment they are handing out, when they have all the latitude they need in bylaw 33.

 

I agree. They are completing investigations, they are simply not making the punishment fit the crime, for several reasons.

I do not think it is desperately needed. Especially in the case where the KHSAA's own investigator provides accurate information to the BOC and they summarily disregard it. ;) As the other poster said, why spend the money. I think that the recent violations show that the KHSAA is pursuing and investigating claims that they are receiving. They just appear to be coming up a bit light in the court of public opinion on the punishment they are handing out, when they have all the latitude they need in bylaw 33.

 

I wish I could say this diplomatically but you don't have a clue what you are talking about. The BOC had no say in the amount of punishment handed out against LCA.

I wish I could say this diplomatically but you don't have a clue what you are talking about. The BOC had no say in the amount of punishment handed out against LCA.
That being the case, could another KHSAA member school appeal to the Board of Control for a stronger penalty?
I wish I could say this diplomatically but you don't have a clue what you are talking about. The BOC had no say in the amount of punishment handed out against LCA.

 

You missed what my wink stood for. Was in relation to a case much closer to home, not the LCA situation. That may be a big enough hint for you...;):sssh:

 

Again, why have more investigators when the powers that be may or may not listen to what they have to say in the first place...

I know we can say cheating is cheating, and I agree with that. The really big problem I have is when money comes into play like the situation where a school gives tuition money when they aren supposed to.

I wish I could say this diplomatically but you don't have a clue what you are talking about. The BOC had no say in the amount of punishment handed out against LCA.

 

Correct. However, the investigation involved a great deal of feet dragging, and the "Chairwoman" certainly chose a lax punishment.

Most complain about the KHSAA and then when it comes down to it they hide behind it. When you recruit, you recruit. The responses I get are, "the KHSAA found nothing wrong in what we are doing". Please don't tell me because the math teacher is standing beside you, it makes it alright because it's not solely athletics. It is the whole experience. Again I will never agree with some of these policies.

 

 

I can tell you from my own experience with Trinity's open house when I was younger, not all THAT long ago, that there was very little mention of the athletics for the school. They talked primarily about the school's facilities, day to day things and so on. The open house tours were also done by student ambassadors(usually student council members). After the tour we went to the cafeteria where they displayed all the extracurricular activities for the school. In fact the Quick Recall team's coach tried to convince me to play for them when I got to Trinity. I suppose that was recruiting too, of course I received no financial aid and didn't end up doing it for more than a few weeks anyway once I got there.

I can tell you from my own experience with Trinity's open house when I was younger, not all THAT long ago, that there was very little mention of the athletics for the school. .

 

Was the only mention about having to get a ladder to get the basketball out of the peach basket?:p;):sssh::cool::lol:

Was the only mention about having to get a ladder to get the basketball out of the peach basket?:p;):sssh::cool::lol:

 

Watch it old timer! :irked::lol:

 

PepRock attend the open house in 96 :p

What if the math teacher is a coach? You make it sound like these schools have full time athletic employees and then teachers. Private schools typically are ran by much fewer people then a public school. Their teachers are most always involved in something else, and a lot of them are coaches. You need to relax on the hate toward privates, they are working for the kids just like your public teachers/coaches are, they are not going out looking for athletes, they advertise their schools to keep the school in business. Stop arguing and start working and your team will be as good as anyone of those privates. Public/private isn't the reason they are good, it's work, discipline, and commitment!!!!

 

Gee...why in the world would you hard working, disciplined and committed people WANT to even play us old lazy public schools anyway?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.