Let's hear everyone that has crucified LexCath and Lex Christian...

All Tell

Then why not support the Private schools proposal to add resources to the KHSAA investigative arm? If the issue isn't which side is cheating, but what the findings are, and what the penalties are, why not add teeth to the KHSAA? THAT is the crux of the whole issue for the Privates. They're painted as cheaters with unfair advantages. When in reality, everyone is really torqued over the fact that the investigations take too long, the punishments don't fit the crime, and the penalties are negligable?

If we all worked together to help the KHSAA in this way, would any of us have any leg to stand on if something happened at one of our schools?

Why? They know the answer, they just want do anything.

This is not my entire arguement with public/private. The money issue stands big with me. Financial Aid of any kind.

Operating proceedures and the difference of the two.

Anyone can break the rules.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure why we have to have a possible multi-million dollar arm to put teeth into the punishments.

I don't believe it has to be muti-millions. Adding investigators doesn't have to be that much. Wouldn't the potential fiancial penalties pay for them? I'm saying $100,000-$150,000/2-3 investigators. (Of course, that could be less if they hire me! :D I'll work for less that $50,000/year... :lol:)

Why? They know the answer, they just want do anything.

This is not my entire arguement with public/private. The money issue stands big with me. Financial Aid of any kind.

Operating proceedures and the difference of the two.

Anyone can break the rules.

Your big argument is financial aid. But the parents STILL pay at LEAST half of the tuition at any school to attend there. So, to me it's a wash. Why does financial aid become the sticking point for you? A kid going to public school is fully funded with no parental financial liability. The public school districtis still get money from taxes paid by private school parents, and from people with no kids, and people who's kids are well beyond school age. Isn't that, in effect, financial aid for public school families?

I Don't care if they GIVE you 1$. I can't get it in the public school.

Not to mention what I fell are other advantages with things that open house gives you. And I don't want to beat this horse again, about sending my child to Corbin from Bell.

Private schools continue to get in trouble for violations dealing with money. You will not EVER find that in public.

I Don't care if they GIVE you 1$. I can't get it in the public school.

Not to mention what I fell are other advantages with things that open house gives you. And I don't want to beat this horse again.

Private schools continue to get in trouble for violations dealing with money. You will not EVER find that in public.

You do realize the money doesn't go to the family, it goes straight to the school? You also realize that in effect, anyone without kids attending public schools that pays school taxes gives you money? You realize as well, that the money given in financial aid is given by private donations, endowments, etc...not your tax money, right?

You do realize the money doesn't go to the family, it goes straight to the school? You also realize that in effect, anyone without kids attending public schools that pays school taxes gives you money? You realize as well, that the money given in financial aid is given by private donations, endowments, etc...not your tax money, right?

Again do you realize that it comes straight out of my pocket in all accounts both in taxes and tuition with no help.

Lets stay with J-Town not public/private

Again do you realize that it comes straight out of my pocket in all accounts both in taxes and tuition with no help.

Lets stay with J-Town not public/private

What comes out of your pocket toward financial aid if you do not dontate to private schools?

Nothing comes out of your pocket for a kid to attend a private school.

And, you brought up the financial aid. I brought up adding investigators.

What comes out of your pocket toward financial aid if you do not dontate to private schools?

Nothing comes out of your pocket for a kid to attend a private school.

And, you brought up the financial aid. I brought up adding investigators.

You misunderstood me. I'm just speaking of my kid. Not private schools.

I don't believe it has to be muti-millions. Adding investigators doesn't have to be that much. Wouldn't the potential fiancial penalties pay for them? I'm saying $100,000-$150,000/2-3 investigators. (Of course, that could be less if they hire me! :D I'll work for less that $50,000/year... :lol:)

Wasn't it last year that the KHSAA said they had their first year of legal fees over a million dollars?

I am not sure you can start fining schools in large sums. They don't have the funds to pay their bills and getting cut even now, as is.

Sounds like the coached talked to the kid about his school, much like Private schools do to each of their students.

And that is illegal to do. He should have a punishment. Question is the severity of the conversation, which we don't know, and does the punishment fit the severity, which we don't know.

Your big argument is financial aid. But the parents STILL pay at LEAST half of the tuition at any school to attend there. So, to me it's a wash. Why does financial aid become the sticking point for you? A kid going to public school is fully funded with no parental financial liability. The public school districtis still get money from taxes paid by private school parents, and from people with no kids, and people who's kids are well beyond school age. Isn't that, in effect, financial aid for public school families?

Not in the situation at LCA.