Let's hear everyone that has crucified LexCath and Lex Christian...

All Tell

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What tuition that you will have to pay????

No public schools parent pays a cent for tuition.

You have completely lost me.

As to the whole uneven playing field rhubarb you yourself said that successful programs recruit themselves and being successful makes good athletes want to play there.

Absolutely, 100% untrue.

If I want to send my child to another school district, my present school district does not have a reciprical agreement with anyone. NO ADA money would follow my child. It would stay at the state level.

So, do you think that district I am sending my child to is going to let them into the district with no ADA money and no tuition?

Nope, they charge me a tuition.

If I had gone to a private school, I could apply for financial assistance.

Since I didn't, I have to pay 100% of the out of district tuition that is charged for my child attending their school.

During the open house who explains athletics , lunch lady?

If any coach or administrator public or private talks to them about comming to their school, it is wrong.

There are displays for all clubs and sports together, and any potential student family can get info from student tour guides. Fall Sports get a table, just the way the French Club gets a table.

Our open houses are not recruiting potential students for the purpose of participating in athletics, so explicitly according to bylaw 10, they are allowed. I'm sure that there have been people attend an open house at a Private School, or one of the JCPS's open houses have probably contacted the KHSAA with info they recived there to see if something was illegal.

No ,but that coupled with tuition that I will have to pay for with no help. Plus the question is what causes such an uneven playing field, for lack of a better term. I think that it is just one of many. I really would just rather agree to disagree for now. I really like the idea of LBBC and would love to explore that into more depth.

Why thank you.:thumb:

I knew you were a smart man/woman. You need to come to P & R and agree with me there too.:lol:

Absolutely, 100% untrue.

If I want to send my child to another school district, my present school district does not have a reciprical agreement with anyone. NO ADA money would follow my child. It would stay at the state level.

So, do you think that district I am sending my child to is going to let them into the district with no ADA money and no tuition?

Nope, they charge me a tuition.

If I had gone to a private school, I could apply for financial assistance.

Since I didn't, I have to pay 100% of the out of district tuition that is charged for my child attending their school.

So then if the new school is going to accept out of district students let them collect donations and go through a blind application process for that money. There's no rule or law that would prevent that as far as I know.

I'm also willing to bet that the amount that you would be charged wouldn't be as much as most parents pay for a private school even when they are getting finincial aid.

From what I understand, there is nothing agianst the rules for an Open Enrollment school to have financial assistance for tuition paying Out of District Studnets, as long as they follow KHSAA guidlines for giving it out. It is not financially responsible, but not agianst the rules.

I don't think that it is, that's why the private schools proposed an enforcement division with real teeth.

I think you are making this more of a private vs. public thing than it is. I simply feel that it is between those that follow the rules, and those that are cheaters. The public private debate more has to do with the fact that some people feel some rules should be changed. This is a different issue.

There are displays for all clubs and sports together, and any potential student family can get info from student tour guides. Fall Sports get a table, just the way the French Club gets a table.

Our open houses are not recruiting potential students for the purpose of participating in athletics, so explicitly according to bylaw 10, they are allowed. I'm sure that there have been people attend an open house at a Private School, or one of the JCPS's open houses have probably contacted the KHSAA with info they recived there to see if something was illegal.

Most complain about the KHSAA and then when it comes down to it they hide behind it. When you recruit, you recruit. The responses I get are, "the KHSAA found nothing wrong in what we are doing". Please don't tell me because the math teacher is standing beside you, it makes it alright because it's not solely athletics. It is the whole experience. Again I will never agree with some of these policies.

Since I asked the question I will answer as well.

I think the coach should have gotten a tougher punishment. It anyone in school admin knew of this they should be punished and I think the kid should lose eligibilty for rest of high school.

During the open house who explains athletics , lunch lady?

If any coach or administrator public or private talks to them about comming to their school, it is wrong.

My understanding of the rules makes discussions/promisies of specific playing time illegal. A coach may speak in generalizations about their sport. An open house is an example of the student/parents conatctingthe school first, thus making discussions about the institution, filing for financial aid. etc. fair game.

No guarntees of financial aid or playing time are ever allowed.

Pollio said the school self-reported an incident to the KHSAA, not knowing whether it was a rules violation.

I think this is important to the story.

Need to know what the severity of the incident was.

Wasn't a Laurel County coach involved in a scenario many years back that he got in trouble for. It seems a foreign exchanged student emailed him asking for information on the school. He supplied the information and was found in violation of recruiting. It seems that he should have sent the kid onto the registar office and let them provide the information.

If it was something like that, punishment fits the crime. If it was something more devious, might not.

I believe that Foreign Exchange student was ruled ineligible.