UK Recruiting for 08...

letabrotherspeak

Majok really turned it up this year, I still cannot believe he made the jump to 13. I know he was off the radar for the most part being he was new to a country, circuit, etc. but the guy is just getting better the longer he is in Austrailia, now to America. UCONN is head and shoulders right now, but it would be a gift for UK to land him.

I could very much get excited about a lineup like

Liggins/Jasper

Meeks

Miller

Majok

Patterson

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BCG is visiting with Rod Flemings tonight....I thought that ship had sailed. From most reports he would be an impact wing player.

Another piece of info I have seen is that DeAndre Liggins is only considered a 4th year senior, not a 5th year senior. What does that mean? It means he can now retake some classes up through the summer to replace some of his core credits that he has on his transcripts. Hence, his chances of qualfying have significantly increased.

BCG is visiting with Rod Flemings tonight....I thought that ship had sailed. From most reports he would be an impact wing player.

Another piece of info I have seen is that DeAndre Liggins is only considered a 4th year senior, not a 5th year senior. What does that mean? It means he can now retake some classes up through the summer to replace some of his core credits that he has on his transcripts. Hence, his chances of qualfying have significantly increased.

How is Liggins considered a 4th year senior? Isn't he almost 20?

How long before Flemings is trying to make a decision? Will he be taking visits? I dont believe he has been to campus that I know of yet.

I think it was westsider that pointed this out to correct me a few months ago. He was a 19 year old JR in the Chicago Public system in 06-07, and it created an eligibility stir in Chicago in relation to his SR year.

It does make qualifying easier, but with his test scores that I've heard, it's not going to be easy any way you slice it...

I think it was westsider that pointed this out to correct me a few months ago. He was a 19 year old JR in the Chicago Public system in 06-07, and it created an eligibility stir in Chicago in relation to his SR year.

It does make qualifying easier, but with his test scores that I've heard, it's not going to be easy any way you slice it...

What is his problem? I mean, if the kid isn't smart enough to even get into college, I'm not sure he would be the type of player I would want on my team.

What is his problem? I mean, if the kid isn't smart enough to even get into college, I'm not sure he would be the type of player I would want on my team.

His problem is the sliding scale in relation to GPA and test scores with a little bit of concern in his core classes.

He's like a lot of kids fighting the same issues. His younger days didn't go well, and he was left with a lot of ground to make up when it comes to getting qualified.

Liggins has a high basketball IQ, and is far from a bad kid. He's just at risk meeting the clearing house requirements right now...

How is Liggins considered a 4th year senior? Isn't he almost 20?

How long before Flemings is trying to make a decision? Will he be taking visits? I dont believe he has been to campus that I know of yet.

I read earlier that Flemings would be visiting UK this weekend. He's down to UK and Hawaii apparently.

His problem is the sliding scale in relation to GPA and test scores with a little bit of concern in his core classes.

He's like a lot of kids fighting the same issues. His younger days didn't go well, and he was left with a lot of ground to make up when it comes to getting qualified.

Liggins has a high basketball IQ, and is far from a bad kid. He's just at risk meeting the clearing house requirements right now...

Gotcha! :thumb:

The reason I ask is it seems like I heard somewhere that all the remaining JUCO guys on UK's board were 3 year guys.

It seemed like Flemmings had kind of dropped out of the picture and then suddenly reappeared yesterday. I hadn't heard much about him for a few weeks and now he says he's down to UK and Hawaii.