Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Recruiting for 08...

Featured Replies

There is a reason these guys are walkons and not scholarship players. I hope Slone and Krebs can contribute, but to depend on them would be wishful thinking.

I was joking more than anything,but I think people will be surprised with Miller's scoring abilty.He just has to be more aggressive.

  • Replies 204
  • Views 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I research and talk to people the more I hear that UK is in a much better situation with Majok than people know.

The more I research and talk to people the more I hear that UK is in a much better situation with Majok than people know.

 

The fact that he hasn't already committed to UConn is very encouraging.

The more I research and talk to people the more I hear that UK is in a much better situation with Majok than people know.

 

The Derby Classic sure did not hurt UK chances.

If we get Flemings and Harrellson, along with Miller, Liggins, and Galloway, it will be a great class!

 

Our roster for next year (assuming Jasper leaves) could look like this:

 

PG: Galloway, Liggins

SG: Meeks, Porter

SF: Flemings, Miller, Harris

PF: Harrellson, Stevenson

C: Patterson, Carter

 

Is there anyone I'm leaving off....

 

 

It's probably safe to leave Carter off. Can't see hem playing as much as he did this year. And that ain't much.

  • Author

Mojak is returning to Australia and did not sign or verbal to UConn.

Take that as a positive for UK that he didn't sign with UConn during his visit. I still think they are the favorites...however.

What is he gonna do in Australia? Might as well stay over here.

 

Put another shrimp on the barbie?

Very good sign for us that Majok didn't sign or verbal with UCONN on his visit. What was it like the third time the guy had been up there? And he still doesn't sign? Majok's coach says he had a very strong visit when he came to Lexington and Gillespie really done a nice job of selling the program and where Ater would fit into it. Hopefully we can get him to Lexington another time if possible (not sure if hes eligible for any more visits) and hopefully get him in the better looking blue and white. Fingers crossed.

 

Also Harrellson would be a nice fill if we didn't land Majok, would probably much rather have him banging then I would Coury. However, if we land Majok miraculously then I would like to see us get Paul McCoy to go along with him. From everything I have read McCoy can light it up in a hurry and scoring is something we need a lot of. Also read that Paul McCoy isn't really your true point but if he could adapt would be pretty lethal at the next level. My thinking is that if we land him let him play some two to give Meeks a blow and if need be let him run some point. Bottom line is we need some scoring and outside of Majok about the only scoring option we have left at this point would be McCoy. I may be in the minority but I am really fond of Paul McCoy and think that he is quite possibly one of the most underrated players in this class.

What is he gonna do in Australia? Might as well stay over here.

 

Have a few Fosters and think about his decision. Might get a few boomerang tosses in as well. :D

Any other cliche's? :lol:

 

If true what you say about McCoy, that is a good thing. If you will remember BCG is more about the "lead guard" than the "point guard." He likes for his point to put the ball in the basket. Acie Law and Ramel Bradley. What did they do best?

Any other cliche's? :lol:

 

If true what you say about McCoy, that is a good thing. If you will remember BCG is more about the "lead guard" than the "point guard." He likes for his point to put the ball in the basket. Acie Law and Ramel Bradley. What did they do best?

 

Chase wild crocs?

Any other cliche's? :lol:

 

If true what you say about McCoy, that is a good thing. If you will remember BCG is more about the "lead guard" than the "point guard." He likes for his point to put the ball in the basket. Acie Law and Ramel Bradley. What did they do best?

 

Not pass and fill up the assist column, thats for sure. From everything I have gathered though McCoy is a guy that has no problems in putting the ball in the basket and although he is looked at as small (listed as 6'0'' (probably smaller than that in reality)) he reminds you a lot of the two for mentioned guys. Gillespie has a very keen eye for certain talent and Acie Law wasn't that highly touted coming out of high school so you know he is probably always looking for the next Acie Law. Could McCoy be that guy? Hopefully, but he has to be in an UK uniform first. We get a big then we get McCoy IMO, hopefully we get him regardless though because we've got the athletes, we just need some scorers.

Chase wild crocs?

 

Doubt it, Kangaroo tipping.......maybe. :thumb:

LABS/GT or anyone else in the "recruiting know", what are your thoughts on Paul McCoy and where UK stands with him right now? Personally I feel he wants to be a cat, and Gillespie deep down wants to make him a cat (especially if the Jasper rumors hold true) but the search for the right big and the wait on a big + a slight obligation to sign a big may be holding it up or even keep it from happening. Like said though, from someone more in depth on the recruiting circuit what is your take on the whole McCoy situation?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.