April 20, 200818 yr Author I dont think UK and Ward are even entertaining one another and havent for quite some time. Sounds like the next verbal could be McCoy...intriguing prospect.
April 20, 200818 yr 3... http://www.cincinnati.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=47320 1 out of 2 isn't bad.
April 20, 200818 yr I think this would happen if UK needed more guards in this class. They need more frontcourt players.They need better players...period.
April 21, 200818 yr IF Hopson comes to UK, BCG will break him of bad habits or he will hit the road like AL. I think he would develop under UK after he got over the shock of what is expected to get on the floor now....He's worth the shot, I would think. Agreed. I spoke to someone who watched almost all of Hopson games this year and he had some really good things and some bad things to say about Hopson. He said Hopson played about 2 quarters a game to his abilities and the rest of the game was just there but he said when he did play that it was obvious that the kid had bigtime talent and could dominate at any point he wished. With that said, I think BCG would break him of those lazy habits. It's the core of Billy G's coaching style. I would love to have Hopson at UK, especially with a coach like Gillispie. I think it's exactly what Hopson needs to make in to the next level. If Hopson does by chance come to UK, there will be a ton of excitement for the up-coming season with a very good class coming in.
April 21, 200818 yr ^ Because he still hasn't signed his LOI to my knowledge, so there is still a possibility that he could back out of it.
April 21, 200818 yr Why is there still talk of Hopson to Kentucky? Did he not sign with UT? He was in NYC all week for the Jordan Classic. Scheduled to sign tomorrow. I guess we'll see soon...
April 21, 200818 yr Josh Harrellson would be a BIG get for UK. He is a good offensive player who could be a nice change of pace from PPat and P Swat. Hopson is a UT lean at this point...but UK is coming on strong. They got in late and are playing catch up. Liggins is up in the air with qualifying. Galloway is going to make an instant impact. Trust me, this kid is the real deal, he may even make more of an impact than Miller. A couple other names to look out for: -Maurice Sutton 6'11 210 PF -Terrell Halloway -Will Coleman 6'9 240 PF -Jeff Taylor 6'7 200 -Possibly Devin Ebanks -Possibly a couple incoming transfers I was told last night by a pretty good source that Harrellson has committed.
April 21, 200818 yr I was told last night by a pretty good source that Harrellson has committed. He has said he wants to take all his visits so he doesnt mess up like he did last time with W. Illinois. He is supposed to go to St. Louis this week on his official.
April 21, 200818 yr They need better players...period. They need better players, but mainly in the frontcourt.
April 21, 200818 yr Author They need to get longer and more athletic...period. Frontcourt needs some work as well... It was clearly evident over the last two years UK was far from as being as athletic as many of your elite teams. Teams that had people who could outquick you, get to basket when play breaks down, etc. UK has had only one guy who could score off the bounce and that was Crawford...one thing with this present signing class is that they will have increased overall athleticism. Length and athleticism, will also greatly improve defense and create transition baskets, something that was few and far between the last two years.
April 21, 200818 yr They need to get longer and more athletic...period. Frontcourt needs some work as well... It was clearly evident over the last two years UK was far from as being as athletic as many of your elite teams. Teams that had people who could outquick you, get to basket when play breaks down, etc. UK has had only one guy who could score off the bounce and that was Crawford...one thing with this present signing class is that they will have increased overall athleticism. Length and athleticism, will also greatly improve defense and create transition baskets, something that was few and far between the last two years. Agreed on this.
April 22, 200818 yr When asked what he liked, Harrellson said, "Everything. "How the fans welcomed me. I (had) never met any of them. But they all knew who I was and all wanted me to come. That got to me the most."
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.