March 24, 200818 yr Check out this story and video, I guess it is just a fact that Scotty Hopson doesn't care about high school ball and just thrives for all star games and AAU basketball. http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=789189 http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/video.asp?section=bbrecruit&pkey=&vidtype=amp&vidid=3254
March 24, 200818 yr No, he'd never make it as a 4, but I can see him posting his man down low when he has the mismatch, getting a lot of rebounds, and coming out occasionally to shoot the three. He has a nice outside shot, but I think he's overrated at taking his man off the dribble and his ball handling skills in general. He didn't show it in the championship game. I only saw him shoot one 3 and he missed it.
March 24, 200818 yr He didn't show it in the championship game. I only saw him shoot one 3 and he missed it. One 3 huh. I guess that answers the question on Miller. I told you he was a post player.
March 24, 200818 yr Check out this story and video, I guess it is just a fact that Scotty Hopson doesn't care about high school ball and just thrives for all star games and AAU basketball. http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=789189 http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/video.asp?section=bbrecruit&pkey=&vidtype=amp&vidid=3254 Somebody needs to tell Hopson that he has other players on that team besides him. If he doesn't care about high school sports and if he can't get up to play in the boys sweet 16, I wouldn't want him on my team.
March 24, 200818 yr One 3 huh. I guess that answers the question on Miller. I told you he was a post player. He is in high school because he is bigger than most high schoolers, but what do you think would happen if he tried to play the 4 in college and post up on someone like Varnado or Ogilvy, or any other big guys in the league, he might play the 3 or 4 but he probably won't do much posting up. He has a good mid range game, but his shooting and ball handling skills will improve, besides it's not like he will have to come in and play 35 min a game as a freshman.
March 24, 200818 yr Somebody needs to tell Hopson that he has other players on that team besides him. If he doesn't care about high school sports and if he can't get up to play in the boys sweet 16, I wouldn't want him on my team. I understand your point, but I don't know what to say about him not getting hyped for high school ball, other than there's no excuse for it. I still want him at UK though (as my avatar shows) and hopefully BCG can break him of his laziness, if not he will probably leave like Legion.
March 24, 200818 yr One 3 huh. I guess that answers the question on Miller. I told you he was a post player. He doesnt shoot a lot of 3's. He did hit a couple during the tournament though. He shot a few mid range jumpers and really went down to the post a lot more against Holmes than he did the other teams.
March 24, 200818 yr He doesnt shoot a lot of 3's. He did hit a couple during the tournament though. He shot a few mid range jumpers and really went down to the post a lot more against Holmes than he did the other teams. Which is exactly what I see him doing a lot of in college.
March 24, 200818 yr He is in high school because he is bigger than most high schoolers, but what do you think would happen if he tried to play the 4 in college and post up on someone like Varnado or Ogilvy, or any other big guys in the league, he might play the 3 or 4 but he probably won't do much posting up. He has a good mid range game, but his shooting and ball handling skills will improve, besides it's not like he will have to come in and play 35 min a game as a freshman. Luckily, he'll be playing 3 and will be posting up against other 3s.
March 24, 200818 yr If he didnt go down low against the first 3 teams of the state, he wont go much in college. Billy G lets his guys play pretty true to their position, so I just dont see him posting much unless they are playing a team with a 3 guard offense and it is really needed.
March 24, 200818 yr I'm really starting to believe that Hopson will end up at UK. Tennessee was the leader for a long time, but I think he would have already signed with Pearl if he truly wanted to. I believe he and his mom were waiting for BCG and now I think he will be in Lexington next year.
March 24, 200818 yr Is Liggins going to be eligible for UK? I have heard somethings that his academics may not be up to par with UK? Any truth to that?
March 24, 200818 yr Is Liggins going to be eligible for UK? I have heard somethings that his academics may not be up to par with UK? Any truth to that? I've been saying it is a big concern for months...
March 24, 200818 yr If Liggins cant cut it, who is the next on our wish list? We need a strong inside player. Stevenson is coming along nicely, but he needs more MEAT on those bones. Patterson cant do it all himself. He is gonna need some help next year. Any word on if Liggins will or will not be able to come to uk?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.