Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Recruiting for 08...

Featured Replies

I'm hearing Ward will be on campus in the next week or two. His test scores just came in, and he's good to go...

  • Replies 204
  • Views 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love to see BCG show a little interest in Shelvin Mack, this kid is a stud ive seen him play several times this year and he has not disappointed me yet. I don't think hes signed his LOI to butler yet so there is still time. He is also best friends with Darius Miller and plays on the same AAU team the D1 Greyhounds. This is one kid i don't wanna see slip away from the Kentucky Blue.

 

I think this would happen if UK needed more guards in this class. They need more frontcourt players.

Actually it kind of depends on his plans with Vilarino. If he plans on getting by with Jasper and Porter next year, he doesnt need a PG. Then you get to Vilarino and KC Ross-Miller the next two years. I havent heard glowing reviews on Vilarino from this summer and this season, so there is a chance Vilarino may not be the guy for 09. If that is the case he may want to consider a PG this year along with a big guy. It kind of depends on his plans for Liggins as well. A team with two 6'6" PG's? Not too sure about that. Jasper has actually played more on the wing this year as well with Bradley running the 1. Who knows what the plans are, but I'd say we will see another guard and a post guy in some capacity, with at least one being a Juco guy.

Actually it kind of depends on his plans with Vilarino. If he plans on getting by with Jasper and Porter next year, he doesnt need a PG. Then you get to Vilarino and KC Ross-Miller the next two years. I havent heard glowing reviews on Vilarino from this summer and this season, so there is a chance Vilarino may not be the guy for 09. If that is the case he may want to consider a PG this year along with a big guy. It kind of depends on his plans for Liggins as well. A team with two 6'6" PG's? Not too sure about that. Jasper has actually played more on the wing this year as well with Bradley running the 1. Who knows what the plans are, but I'd say we will see another guard and a post guy in some capacity, with at least one being a Juco guy.

 

Jasper playing the 3 with PG skills sounds good. He seems to have become more versatile with being able to hit his shot and we know he can rebound and play defense.

BCG needs to land a big guy to play alongside Patterson!

 

Agreed. Stevenson is steeping up and playing better. He just needs to work on his hands a little more. If he can keep it up he will be the man. I think Miller with his size, and athletic ability will be a great slasher for a Patterson-Miller give and go out of a double team in the post.

Looks like Varez Ward still has UC and UK at the top of his list. Both will be getting visits when his prep season ends...

Looks like Varez Ward still has UC and UK at the top of his list. Both will be getting visits when his prep season ends...

 

Have you had a chance to watch Ward play GT ?

 

I heard the other day the Cousins and Renardo Sidney had us high on their lists.

Have you had a chance to watch Ward play GT ?

 

I heard the other day the Cousins and Renardo Sidney had us high on their lists.

I got to see his AAU team a few times, but at that point my focus was on a few other guys. He's not a guy that's going to "wow" you, but he's very physical for a guard and has been a bit of a late bloomer. His shot has really come a long way and as I mentioned earlier in this thread, he's a lock down defender. I'd love to have the kid in Red and Black if that helps any... ;)

GT...what do you know about this Kevin Galloway, that is rumored to sign with UK?

GT...what do you know about this Kevin Galloway, that is rumored to sign with UK?

Very little outside of what you have likely already read...

^

Ok...thanks.

He's certainly an interesting prospect at 6'7" and a PG. For the record he is not a UK verbal at this point but there is a lot of interest...

GT...what do you know about this Kevin Galloway, that is rumored to sign with UK?

 

He hasnt signed. I read that he will not make any visits till the season was over.

But UK will get a Visit.:thumb:

He hasnt signed. I read that he will not make any visits till the season was over.

But UK will get a Visit.:thumb:

 

 

I may have read the samething. But it did sound like he was all but committed. May explain the lack of interest in Hopson.

It's looking like we'll be having a 21st Century version of Rupps Runts if BCG keeps recruiting this way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.