UK Recruiting for 08...

letabrotherspeak

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see BCG show a little interest in Shelvin Mack, this kid is a stud ive seen him play several times this year and he has not disappointed me yet. I don't think hes signed his LOI to butler yet so there is still time. He is also best friends with Darius Miller and plays on the same AAU team the D1 Greyhounds. This is one kid i don't wanna see slip away from the Kentucky Blue.

I think this would happen if UK needed more guards in this class. They need more frontcourt players.

Actually it kind of depends on his plans with Vilarino. If he plans on getting by with Jasper and Porter next year, he doesnt need a PG. Then you get to Vilarino and KC Ross-Miller the next two years. I havent heard glowing reviews on Vilarino from this summer and this season, so there is a chance Vilarino may not be the guy for 09. If that is the case he may want to consider a PG this year along with a big guy. It kind of depends on his plans for Liggins as well. A team with two 6'6" PG's? Not too sure about that. Jasper has actually played more on the wing this year as well with Bradley running the 1. Who knows what the plans are, but I'd say we will see another guard and a post guy in some capacity, with at least one being a Juco guy.

Actually it kind of depends on his plans with Vilarino. If he plans on getting by with Jasper and Porter next year, he doesnt need a PG. Then you get to Vilarino and KC Ross-Miller the next two years. I havent heard glowing reviews on Vilarino from this summer and this season, so there is a chance Vilarino may not be the guy for 09. If that is the case he may want to consider a PG this year along with a big guy. It kind of depends on his plans for Liggins as well. A team with two 6'6" PG's? Not too sure about that. Jasper has actually played more on the wing this year as well with Bradley running the 1. Who knows what the plans are, but I'd say we will see another guard and a post guy in some capacity, with at least one being a Juco guy.

Jasper playing the 3 with PG skills sounds good. He seems to have become more versatile with being able to hit his shot and we know he can rebound and play defense.

BCG needs to land a big guy to play alongside Patterson!

Agreed. Stevenson is steeping up and playing better. He just needs to work on his hands a little more. If he can keep it up he will be the man. I think Miller with his size, and athletic ability will be a great slasher for a Patterson-Miller give and go out of a double team in the post.

• 4 weeks later...
Looks like Varez Ward still has UC and UK at the top of his list. Both will be getting visits when his prep season ends...

Have you had a chance to watch Ward play GT ?

I heard the other day the Cousins and Renardo Sidney had us high on their lists.

Have you had a chance to watch Ward play GT ?

I heard the other day the Cousins and Renardo Sidney had us high on their lists.

I got to see his AAU team a few times, but at that point my focus was on a few other guys. He's not a guy that's going to "wow" you, but he's very physical for a guard and has been a bit of a late bloomer. His shot has really come a long way and as I mentioned earlier in this thread, he's a lock down defender. I'd love to have the kid in Red and Black if that helps any... ;)