UK Recruiting for 08...

letabrotherspeak

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could agree. BCG is REALLY big on this guy. I don't know whether or not him starting is for show or not, but Billy really speaks well of the guy, it seems.

Side Note: I am not a Coury fan, by any stretch of the imagination. I am just a fan of his hustle, but hustle doesn't equal scholarships.

Coury is a smart guy who has grasped the system and plays hard. Stevenson is already starting to steal a lot of minutes, and I think another year under the system will benefit some of these other guys like Stewart. At that point, the ability of others will exceed the effort given by Coury and I believe that you wont see as much of him in the next couple of years....or maybe that is just wishful thinking.

For the record I dont have anything against Coury, the talent just isnt there for the level UK needs to be playing.

Ken Bowman, 6'8 PF from Hutchinson JC is the latest name dropped on the UK recruiting front.

Is he the son of the Ken Bowman who played for the Green Bay Packers???

Anywho, Bowman has a list of schools that include: Kansas, K-State, St. Johns, Washington St. and UK

This is second hand so take it for what you will. Folks I know say Carter has no intentions of going else where. He would just assume ride the bench here and get his education. BCG would have to not renew his scholly to get rid of him.

Does anyone know if they redshirted him or not. My understanding is they have not. That puts him on the roster for only one more year if he doesn't leave. Maybe they could convince him to go somewhere else in return for redshirting him. That way he would have 2 years of eligibility somewhere.

I would love to see BCG show a little interest in Shelvin Mack, this kid is a stud ive seen him play several times this year and he has not disappointed me yet. I don't think hes signed his LOI to butler yet so there is still time. He is also best friends with Darius Miller and plays on the same AAU team the D1 Greyhounds. This is one kid i don't wanna see slip away from the Kentucky Blue.

I would love to see BCG show a little interest in Shelvin Mack, this kid is a stud ive seen him play several times this year and he has not disappointed me yet. I don't think hes signed his LOI to butler yet so there is still time. He is also best friends with Darius Miller and plays on the same AAU team the D1 Greyhounds. This is one kid i don't wanna see slip away from the Kentucky Blue.

More guards?

I watched the BCG show last sunday and they asked BCG about JUCO players and BCG told them not to surprised if they saw JUCO player next year. He said there was some out there that could make an instant impact for Kentucky. He didnt mention no names.