Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Recruiting for 08...

Featured Replies

  • Author

People get on Coury and I agree that he is overmatched but he will compete.

DYK...that in one week of practice, as charted by staff, Jared Carter and Mike Williams did not grab 10 rebounds total between them. Matter of fact the total was 3.

That is why they dont play.

  • Replies 204
  • Views 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish I could agree. BCG is REALLY big on this guy. I don't know whether or not him starting is for show or not, but Billy really speaks well of the guy, it seems.

 

Side Note: I am not a Coury fan, by any stretch of the imagination. I am just a fan of his hustle, but hustle doesn't equal scholarships.

 

Coury is a smart guy who has grasped the system and plays hard. Stevenson is already starting to steal a lot of minutes, and I think another year under the system will benefit some of these other guys like Stewart. At that point, the ability of others will exceed the effort given by Coury and I believe that you wont see as much of him in the next couple of years....or maybe that is just wishful thinking.

 

For the record I dont have anything against Coury, the talent just isnt there for the level UK needs to be playing.

  • Author

Ken Bowman, 6'8 PF from Hutchinson JC is the latest name dropped on the UK recruiting front.

Maybe Brooks and company should try to get Porter on the football field.

 

You ain't kidding, he was a pretty good safety...USC wanted him, I believe.

You ain't kidding, he was a pretty good safety...USC wanted him, I believe.

 

USC expressed an interest but it never got as far as a scholarship offer.

Ken Bowman, 6'8 PF from Hutchinson JC is the latest name dropped on the UK recruiting front.

 

Is he the son of the Ken Bowman who played for the Green Bay Packers???

 

Anywho, Bowman has a list of schools that include: Kansas, K-State, St. Johns, Washington St. and UK

This is second hand so take it for what you will. Folks I know say Carter has no intentions of going else where. He would just assume ride the bench here and get his education. BCG would have to not renew his scholly to get rid of him.

 

Does anyone know if they redshirted him or not. My understanding is they have not. That puts him on the roster for only one more year if he doesn't leave. Maybe they could convince him to go somewhere else in return for redshirting him. That way he would have 2 years of eligibility somewhere.

  • Author

Redshirt will be applied for after his senior year, if they choose to do so.

I would love to see BCG show a little interest in Shelvin Mack, this kid is a stud ive seen him play several times this year and he has not disappointed me yet. I don't think hes signed his LOI to butler yet so there is still time. He is also best friends with Darius Miller and plays on the same AAU team the D1 Greyhounds. This is one kid i don't wanna see slip away from the Kentucky Blue.

I would love to see BCG show a little interest in Shelvin Mack, this kid is a stud ive seen him play several times this year and he has not disappointed me yet. I don't think hes signed his LOI to butler yet so there is still time. He is also best friends with Darius Miller and plays on the same AAU team the D1 Greyhounds. This is one kid i don't wanna see slip away from the Kentucky Blue.

 

More guards?

I watched the BCG show last sunday and they asked BCG about JUCO players and BCG told them not to surprised if they saw JUCO player next year. He said there was some out there that could make an instant impact for Kentucky. He didnt mention no names.

I wish I could agree. BCG is REALLY big on this guy. I don't know whether or not him starting is for show or not, but Billy really speaks well of the guy, it seems.

 

.

Coury has a good looking sister doesn't he?

BCG needs to land a big guy to play alongside Patterson!

More guards?

Well yes until we can find one that knows how to shoot

Billy G. will sign two more solid players for next year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.