UK Recruiting for 08...

letabrotherspeak

I think you first address your needs, don't take someone just because they'er big we already have enough of those types. After that go for the best players available. Crum used to have some awsome teams with his talest being 6'9", but they were all very athletic. Heck Rick's awsome 96 team didn't have a true center.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
It's looking like we'll be having a 21st Century version of Rupps Runts if BCG keeps recruiting this way.

BCG has stated he wants athletic guys who can play in his line-up and size didn't matter if they could play. Although I'm sure he'd like some size for the team but he isn't emphasizing it necessarily

Josh Harrellson would be a BIG get for UK. He is a good offensive player who could be a nice change of pace from PPat and P Swat. Hopson is a UT lean at this point...but UK is coming on strong. They got in late and are playing catch up. Liggins is up in the air with qualifying. Galloway is going to make an instant impact. Trust me, this kid is the real deal, he may even make more of an impact than Miller. A couple other names to look out for:

-Maurice Sutton 6'11 210 PF

-Terrell Halloway

-Will Coleman 6'9 240 PF

-Jeff Taylor 6'7 200

-Possibly Devin Ebanks

-Possibly a couple incoming transfers

Josh Harrellson would be a BIG get for UK. He is a good offensive player who could be a nice change of pace from PPat and P Swat. Hopson is a UT lean at this point...but UK is coming on strong. They got in late and are playing catch up. Liggins is up in the air with qualifying. Galloway is going to make an instant impact. Trust me, this kid is the real deal, he may even make more of an impact than Miller. A couple other names to look out for:

-Maurice Sutton 6'11 210 PF

-Terrell Halloway

-Will Coleman 6'9 240 PF

-Jeff Taylor 6'7 200

-Possibly Devin Ebanks

-Possibly a couple incoming transfers

After watching Hopson this past week, and listening to what many from his school have been saying about him, I hope and pray he goes to Tennessee, or Louisiville or somewhere. If he does come to Kentucky, we're looking at another Alex Legion.

BCG has stated he wants athletic guys who can play in his line-up and size didn't matter if they could play. Although I'm sure he'd like some size for the team but he isn't emphasizing it necessarily

Miller is an awesome post player. He'll be a great addition to Stevenson/Patterson.

IF Hopson comes to UK, BCG will break him of bad habits or he will hit the road like AL. I think he would develop under UK after he got over the shock of what is expected to get on the floor now....He's worth the shot, I would think.

He'll play the 3, but he's much more effective when he's posting up. He's out of his element on the perimeter.

He looked pretty comfortable with the ball in his hands on the perimeter to me. He does well in the post in high school because of his size. He wont have that size advantage in college. He is a 3. Now that could lead to some posting his man at the 3 spot, but I dont think him at the 4 would be very successful at the next level.

He looked pretty comfortable with the ball in his hands on the perimeter to me. He does well in the post in high school because of his size. He wont have that size advantage in college. He is a 3. Now that could lead to some posting his man at the 3 spot, but I dont think him at the 4 would be very successful at the next level.

Most of the first half he looked terrible handling the ball, but after that he looked pretty comfortable.

No, he'd never make it as a 4, but I can see him posting his man down low when he has the mismatch, getting a lot of rebounds, and coming out occasionally to shoot the three. He has a nice outside shot, but I think he's overrated at taking his man off the dribble and his ball handling skills in general.