Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Recruiting for 08...

Featured Replies

When asked what he liked, Harrellson said, "Everything.

 

"How the fans welcomed me. I (had) never met any of them. But they all knew who I was and all wanted me to come. That got to me the most."

:dancingpa He got one heck of a welcome.

  • Replies 204
  • Views 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:dancingpa He got one heck of a welcome.

 

I would guess we end up with Harrellson and the point guard. If we lose Jasper or any other player, we might end up with Sutton. However, there are still alot of things that can happen.

 

I will say two comments:

 

1) I wasn't this excited about recruiting during Tubby's entire 10 year reign

 

2) I love how Gillispie doesn't put all of his eggs in one basket. He recruits so that he has a 2nd and even a 3rd option ready to go if the primary target falls through. I felt like Tubby either went really big time or we ended up with Obrzut and Sheray Thomas. Not a knock on Tubby at all, but I think BCG is just a better recruiting coach.

Anyone else agree that McCoy will be the next commitment?

Agreed on this.

 

I agree also. We most def need to be more athletic, and this years class is giving us that. I think we see more of A.J. Stewart next year and he is the perfect example of the athletic type LABS was referring too, long, athletic, quick, and has hops.

:dancingpa He got one heck of a welcome.

 

He got treated like a king the one time I saw him. I think he saw how much UK fans love their basketball players :D.

Is Majok visiting UConn this weekend ?

Is Majok visiting UConn this weekend ?

Yes. For the 3rd time...

Yes. For the 3rd time...

 

He must really like the place :lol:

  • Author

GT, what are you hearing on Thabett, some of the UConn posters on one of their boards seem to think he may be coming back.

What is there scholarship situation?

 

UK recruiting right now is off the hook, as in they are everywhere.

 

Who knows how many scholarships they will have to offer.

Count Liggins, Galloway, and Miller. One more likely for sure...heck I am losing count of it.

Anyways, two new names have emerged.

JUCO A-A PG Bobby Maze has surfaced and may be visiting UK soon. He verballed to Maryland this spring but has since reneged. UC is rumored to be involved with him.

JUCO big man by way of Serbia, Nikola Kecman visited UK with Maurice Sutton. Kecman is an unknown because he speaks little english and who knows where he stands with the NCAA Clearinghouse.

 

Jasper was not as the Catspy's Awards banquet last night...so what does that mean? Differing opinions over a redshirt, girlfriend issues back home, former AAU coach now in Vegas, only 6 hours from home...who knows.

Liggins making the test score?

Mike Williams definitely gone?

Throw in walkons Adam Delph and Landon Slone and BCG still wanting Arrez Henderson...

 

Will definitely need a program next year...but I think things will start shaking out next week.

It is starting to look like Thabeet is going to stay, but Calhoun will shift the roster however he can to get Majok in the fold. Wiggins and Kelly are already gone, and I think at least one more will bolt as well.

 

I'm not sure how hard UC is going after Maze right now, but they are no doubt keeping tabs on the situation considering they were very close to landing him two years ago...

  • Author

Mojak is on UConn's campus already as we speak...

I would venture he will sign/verbal with the Huskies...sooner than later.

Maze didn't make the academic cut to get in to Maryland (or at least it was clear he couldn't). Take that FWIW...

Just read that Roderick Flemings is down to Hawaii and UK and will visit UK this weekend.

 

If he can qualify, Flemings would be a nice pick up.

So just looking at UConn's roster they have no seniors on it from this past year. Wiggins and Kelly are leaving so that frees up 2. They have 4 players committed for next year. If they had 13 scholarships already that would put them over by 2 without Majok. Did they have any scholarships left over?

 

I am just curious, it would be a pipe dream to think UConn could not make room for Majok.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.