If Sophomores were draft eligible...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I can't believe is people comparing Tebow to Vick and Young. Wow...

My comparision was based on the offenses they played in in college. All of these guys played in an offense that was not a pr style, but made the pros as high draft pick, as Tebow will do.

Tebow is a dual threat, but he doesn't have Vick's speed or Young's moves, I get that. He has great tools though, again his tools are as good as if not better than any QB in this year's draft.

My comparision was based on the offenses they played in in college. All of these guys played in an offense that was not a pr style, but made the pros as high draft pick, as Tebow will do.

Tebow is a dual threat, but he doesn't have Vick's speed or Young's moves, I get that. He has great tools though, again his tools are as good as if not better than any QB in this year's draft.

Tebow tries to be a dual threat QB in the NFL and he'll spend a lot of time eating through a straw. It's that simple IMO...

:laugh: That is a great line! :D

He is a great college qb, but I don't think it translates to the NFL. I know he's bigger than other running qb's before him, but what qb that has used the RUN to set up the PASS has ever panned out? Not to mention, if sophomores were eligible it would ruin the NFL just like the young kids have ruined the NBA.

He is a great college qb, but I don't think it translates to the NFL. I know he's bigger than other running qb's before him, but what qb that has used the RUN to set up the PASS has ever panned out? Not to mention, if sophomores were eligible it would ruin the NFL just like the young kids have ruined the NBA.

Not arguing that, just posing the question.

Tebow can run, but his skill set doesn't lend itself to running to set up the pass; I don't think any NFL team will ask him to do that. He has mobility, the abilty to roll the pocket and accuracy on the run. These are the tools that his mobility afford him and all of those are important skills that translate to the NFL. Also, he will provide an extra threat in short yardage with a sneak and QB draws, which may be where his running ability get used. It is a bonus that he can move well and make a bad play into a good one with his running ability.

Not arguing that, just posing the question.

Tebow can run, but his skill set doesn't lend itself to running to set up the pass; I don't think any NFL team will ask him to do that. He has mobility, the abilty to roll the pocket and accuracy on the run. These are the tools that his mobility afford him and all of those are important skills that translate to the NFL. Also, he will provide an extra threat in short yardage with a sneak and QB draws, which may be where his running ability get used. It is a bonus that he can move well and make a bad play into a good one with his running ability.

So, basically you think he translates in to a player similar to Big Ben...

So, basically you think he translates in to a player similar to Big Ben...

Hmmm, maybe, or even a Donovan McNabb. I just don't see a team looking at his running ability as a negative. They may not like his running style, but you don't pass on a QB because he is mobile.

I see 0 comparison in Tebow and McNabb...

Both mobile, big QBs with solid arms and reputations in terms of character and leadership in college. Both did a lot of running in their collegiate offenses. Both showed similar skills in terms of throwing on the run, ability to move the pocket, make plays with their legs and lead their teams in big games to big victories.

Actually, Tebow's passing numbers in college have been better than McNabb's were, but I think their skill sets are very similar.

What is so different about their styles that you see 0 comparisions?