If Sophomores were draft eligible...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and Tim Tebow entered would you, as the GM of the Dolphins, take him number 1?

Why or why not?

Nope, he may end up being the first back-to-back Heisman winner since Archie Griffin, but the bottom line is that Tebow's style of play will not be as effective in the NFL.

The punishment he takes on a weakly basis from his physical style of running just won't be as effective. I could be wrong, but if Tebow does produce in the NFL his "shelf-life", assuming he plays the same style of football, would be practically the same as an everydown back in the NFL, 6-7 years.

Tebow will be a high pick, IMO...guys like Vick and Vince Young have been high picks...I see no reason to think Tebow won't be. He's a dual threat guy who has a lot of raw talent. He'd absolutely be in the discussion, IMO.

Tebow's 6-3, 235 lbs...his stats from last year...

234/350, 66.9%, 3286 yds, 32 TD, 6 Int

210 rush, 895 yds, 4.3 avg, 23 TD

The guy obviously has a ton of upside. He needs more polishing as a passer, but the potential is there. He's a great athlete, he's big and strong, and he seems to be an intelligent guy.

What makes him different than other dual threat QB's with a big upside? NFL teams are always interested in players like this...he'll be prized NFL prospect when the time comes and a high draft pick. I guarantee you there will be more than one team interested in him. I'm puzzled by the opinions that he won't be a first round pick and talk of a position switch.

He'll be a QB in the NFL and he'll be a first round pick. I'm not going to get into a debate about how good I think he'll be in the NFL, but his talent is enormous and that's what the draft is all about.

I have to be honest...I am SHOCKED by all the Tebow negativity. He WILL be a high draft choice, that is not even in question if you talk to NFL folks. He WILL be a QB (I hope all the position change stuff was in jest). He has more physical tools than any QB in this draft, his arm is big, he is fairly accurate, he wins, he can make plays with his legs, he is big and strong and coachable and a good character guy.

His issue is his offense, but that didn't prevent Young from going 3 or Vick from going 1. I think he will even do well in the league, but that is for another thread.

Why the negativity? WHat has he shown except great ability? Just curious?

Tebow will be a high pick, IMO...guys like Vick and Vince Young have been high picks...I see no reason to think Tebow won't be. He's a dual threat guy who has a lot of raw talent. He'd absolutely be in the discussion, IMO.

The things is with those guys, those guys had a lot of speed and could make people miss. Tebow relies just more on power, and well he wont be able to run over really anyone in the NFL, except for maybe corners. His passing is going to have to be great, for him to be a 1st round draft pick..