What poster on the P and R forum do you respect the most?

lynks66

Wow! First, I have a huge respect for just about everyone who posts in P&R. I've learned so much from so many people! I love the give and take, and the challenges that each of us bring to each other to defend our positions. I know that many have caused me to really think about what I stand for, or what I believe. I know it sounds wimpy, but for me to say I respect one over another, or even a list of a few would be a really grave disservice to all the other posters.

In a nutshell, I respect every poster who can discuss "hot" topics and not demean the other position, or the other poster.

Nice!:thumb:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few of them for me.

Rockmom, HHSDad, Birdsfan, ladiesbballcoach, True blue (and gold), cshs81, IM4THEHOUNDS, Fastbreak, H.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Never, ever, expected this. I am an absolute ROOKIE compared to the likes of those mentioned above (as well as in other posts). I will say this is one of my favorite forums. I sometimes find it difficult to get my point across without sounding like I know it all and offending someone. It is never my intention . . . I think sometimes the written word comes across that way. It is a very emotional forum. You can't take things too personally.

I found out, quickly, that I cannot keep up a discussion with most of them, so I just stay out. I respect almost all of the ones who post. I have learned a lot from each of them.

Me too. It's unbelievable how many facts these people come up with to support their views and how eloquently they can state them.

My favorite is Fastbreak. He usually says what I wish I had only much better and agrees with my view in almost all cases. HHSdad and Hearsay are very high on my list also. I respect some others for their ability to state their opinions but their views are so far from mine that I can't put them on a list of "favorites".

I'm more of a reader in the P & R forum than a participant. I always stay away from the political threads unless it is to make a joke, and I am non-partisan when it comes to that. I occasionally will dive into a religion thread, but not generally to the point of causing any hard feelings.

Who do I respect? I respect anyone who can post in P & R and state their case without a)losing their cool, b)taking their ball and going home or c)getting suspended.

If you can do that, you have my respect, no matter if I agree or disagree with you. As a matter of fact, I respect some folks that I disagree with often much more than many I agree with.

LLBC b/c he sticks by his convictions and pretty much everyone else b/c most posters here are informed and polite unlike the former TCP politics board.

Thanks MEagle and I think this post illustrates what we should like about P & R.

MEagle and I have been on the opposite sides of many issues and have had some good discussions, yet ME listed me as one of the persons.

I appreciate that even more because we have been on opposite sides a lot.

I agree with the sentiment that those who post on here and post in the mindset of a good debate without making it personal or simply a chance to make cheap shots.

Morehead Eagle and acemonia and I don't agree a lot but they have made me a better person and Christian by making me think about the positions they support.

Rockmom has become my Catholic education. When the pope was being decided a few years back, she provided me with a wonderful insight and better appreciation of the Catholic denomination.

HHSDad blows me away with his vast array of knowledge.

While a youngster, Habib is very impressive with his knowledge and if you don't agree with him and with his size, he can just beat you up.:D

Fastbreak, Alabama Larry and Hatz is very impressive both with their Biblical and Christian knowledge and their ability to impart it. I have learned a lot from all three.

Gametime does not post much in here at all, (methinks he is a chicken of us.:D) but his guerilla posting cracks me up. Comes in makes a quick post and shot and then leaves. Cracks me up.

Hearsay expresses himself so clearly and strongly that you have to come away from his posts impressed. I even went with his advice in voting for judges last election cause I had no clue on them.

Jim Shue doesn't spend a lot of time here but debates with him are always good and interesting and thought provoking.

And as I have said in the past, I miss FrancesBavier. Always enjoyed conversations with her/him.

Many other good posters in here that I enjoy reading, cshs81, True Blue & Gold, Birdsfan, Im4thehounds, H, acesfull, runtostate (my arm the teachers buddy:thumb:) and Leatherneck.

Sorry if I miss someone and I do enjoy the debates tremendously.

Alabama Larry, lbbc, HHSDad, Hearsay,Rockmom, Birdsfan, RebelK and there are others......really just about everyone that post in this forum (or any other forum for that matter). I don't post in P&R a lot myself unless I just see something that I cannot keep my mouth (or fingers in this case) shut about and probably should :sssh::lol:. I do spend some time reading in this one though whether I post or not.:thumb:

As lbbc just said, I also miss Francis Bavier/ Aunt Bee in all forums.

I'm more of a reader in the P & R forum than a participant. I always stay away from the political threads unless it is to make a joke, and I am non-partisan when it comes to that. I occasionally will dive into a religion thread, but not generally to the point of causing any hard feelings.

Who do I respect? I respect anyone who can post in P & R and state their case without a)losing their cool, b)taking their ball and going home or c)getting suspended.

If you can do that, you have my respect, no matter if I agree or disagree with you. As a matter of fact, I respect some folks that I disagree with often much more than many I agree with.

Good Post, I agree with everything that you said and especially the highlighted part, those are my feelings as well. :thumb:

Good Post, I agree with everything that you said and especially the highlighted part, those are my feelings as well. :thumb:

I do think that for the most part, this political season has been more about good debates than personal political attacks. I hope it continues that way.

I also think moving away from a Bush/Clinton dominated political scene will help that as people will not have any preconceived hatred.

There are so many of you on here that I have great respect for.

I'll second that. It takes guts to get on this particular forum and stay there for any length of time; and you'd better not be unprepared. I have the utmost respect for all of the "regulars" here; not just the ones I usually agree with (a seemingly small percentage).

Isn't it nice, though, to live in a place where we won't get tracked down, shipped off and never heard from again because of our differing political and religious views?