Leach Resigns at Greenup Co.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the parents are running the show in Greenup if certain kids dont play the coach is gone.

That was pretty much what I was talking about as well. That is what I am talking about by taking a stand. But oh well, I guess we all we just have to get used to it in Greenup, or move. The only problem with that is it is in every school system as well, just maybe not as bad.

As I stated on another post:

I hate Eastern Kentucky!!! Not really. I do hate the "good 'ol boy" mentality of the area, though. Anyone not from the area will never get a fair chance at Greenup. I've known Coach Leach for a while and he is a great guy and coach. He runs an exciting style that is fun to watch, when the right guys are there to run it. His Kentucky Christian University teams were VERY fun to watch and also successful. Unfortunately, there just isn't the talent at Greenup. Anyone who blames Coach Leach for the Muskies season is ignorant to basketball and I will be happy to tell them that to them in person. Coach Leach is charismatic and great with kids. I just think the previous regime at Greenup has soured a lot of players, parents, and fans and given them the idea that they run the joint. Greenup needs to lighten up and realize there just isn't the talent this year as in the past. Sounds like a situation going on about 120 miles west down I-64 at a certain institution.

Honestly, at this point, who would want it?

This is certainly no cut on the GCHS kids but...... I honestly have to agree with this statement.

Seems like it may just be "business as usual at GC" :rolleyes: and the only ones hurt are the ones that matter.......the kids.

If I am wrong then I apologize, I do not know the exact situation this time and just what I have heard and read on here. I'll wait and hopefully hear from someone that knows 100% / exactly what the deal is at GCHS and why. We all have our ideas and speculation on it.

Whatever the case, I honestly hate it for the Kids that all they want to do is play ball at GC and are certainly not deserving of any of this kind of stuff. I wish them (GC) the best of luck in getting a stable program/programs for their athletes there.