Leach Resigns at Greenup Co.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you. As far as I am concerned, this is quitting too. Quitting one school to go to another. Sometimes the grass is not always greener on the other side. Instead of talking about GC have you ever thought about helping in making changes instead of running from them.

To start with my children started, day 1 of kindergarten, at Raceland. They never attended any other school district. We did not live in Greenup Co's district when my children started attending Raceland, we moved into GC district after they were in school. You can't quit something that you never started.

I attended GC elementary schools, before transferring to Raceland in seventh grade, it took me two years to catch up with the students at Raceland, after transferring, and I was a good student. I have friends who graduated from GC, but have their children at Raceland, and there are a lot of them, one friend who falls in this category can barely read - he will be the first to tell you why his children do not attend GC and attend Raceland. Compare GC test scores to those of Raceland and Russell. Greenup Co schools have quite on its students.

I can promise you that I would drive to many other counties and states to take my children to school before I would send them to GC. In all honesty, my children would not ever attend GC. No this is not quiting on Greenup Co schools, the school has quite on the residents of its district.

With all the drama can you honestly, say that it would be an good idea to send your children to Greenup County, if you moved into the district or had a young child starting school?