Leach Resigns at Greenup Co.

This is certainly no cut on the GCHS kids but...... I honestly have to agree with this statement.

Seems like it may just be "business as usual at GC" :rolleyes: and the only ones hurt are the ones that matter.......the kids.

If I am wrong then I apologize, I do not know the exact situation this time and just what I have heard and read on here. I'll wait and hopefully hear from someone that knows 100% / exactly what the deal is at GCHS and why. We all have our ideas and speculation on it.

Whatever the case, I honestly hate it for the Kids that all they want to do is play ball at GC and are certainly not deserving of any of this kind of stuff. I wish them (GC) the best of luck in getting a stable program/programs for their athletes there.

I certainly wasnt cutting on the kids. Just seems the Administration just lets things get so far out of hand and lets the politics rule the community. Gonna be a nice, empty remodeled building one day.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was pretty much what I was talking about as well. That is what I am talking about by taking a stand. But oh well, I guess we all we just have to get used to it in Greenup, or move. The only problem with that is it is in every school system as well, just maybe not as bad.

I may be naive, but I, honestly, do not think that what happens at Greenup Co. happens at most schools. I hope not any way. I only have intimate knowledge of one local school system, but I know that this does not happen there. And, if it happens at other local schools, they keep it very quite.

I know that all schools have parents that do not agree with everything, but being unhappy and mouthing off is much different then what is happening at Greenup Co.

Before long, Greenup Co will not be able to get a coach in any sport. People from Greenup get upset about student/athletes transferring from Greenup Co to other area schools, but can anyone blame these parents and student/athletes for leaving this turmoil?

I may be naive, but I, honestly, do not think that what happens at Greenup Co. happens at most schools. I hope not any way. I only have intimate knowledge of one local school system, but I know that this does not happen there. And, if it happens at other local schools, they keep it very quite.

I know that all schools have parents that do not agree with everything, but being unhappy and mouthing off is much different then what is happening at Greenup Co.

Before long, Greenup Co will not be able to get a coach in any sport. People from Greenup get upset about student/athletes transferring from Greenup Co to other area schools, but can anyone blame these parents and student/athletes for leaving this turmoil?

Great post Ram an imo you have nailed it, the one School system that you speak of is the same one and only one that I have "some inside" knowledge of and while there has certainly been some problems from time to time but this is way beyond that.

All have problems but I believe that GC takes the "prize".... for lack of a better term in that category.

Again.... Good Luck to GCHS in getting things worked out.

Before we make the statement about whiny parents my advice is listen to Joe Friday and get "the fact, just the facts Ma'am". I know the parents in question and in my conversation with them they were simply trying to get the facts. Trust me, had their son being kicked off the team been warranted then he would have not been able to sit down for the next 6 months.

What do you mean whiny parents? Do you know what is going on at Greenup Co. Let me ask you this how would you feel if your kid got booted from the team for a no good reason?

First off, Coach Leach is not going to kick someone off for "no good reason" because he is all class. Why would a coach kick off the leading scorer of their team for no reason? Usually, coach's bend over backwards for their leading scorer. Like the BlueBlazer said in another thread, if a player is a problem on the team, it doesn't matter if he is the leading scorer. He doesn't need to be there. The only other option is to sit the player and not play him. But can you imagine what the reaction would be if he just didn't play? What do you expect a coach to do? He is the leader of the team and his final decision is above all others. His opinion is above the parents, the assistants, the athletic director, administration, and especially the players. If he is not allowed to make these decisions and the school and parents are not supportive, then there is a big problem all around at Greenup. For crying out loud....it's basketball. Why aren't the parents and others up in arms about the low academic test scores. That should be a much bigger issue than a low-profile basketball program. The priorities are out-of-whack in Lloyd.

If history repeats itself Leach will just go to another weaker 16th Region opponent and then beat Greenup everytime they play them, sounds like too much micro managment at Greenup. Although if I was the AD/Principal and had to watch that Offensive/Defensive Philosophy that was being implemented I might have to force the coach out as well!

First off, Coach Leach is not going to kick someone off for "no good reason" because he is all class.

Do you call cussing a player out class?

No. IF he did that, then he was wrong. I'm sure old Hicks or any other coach in the area have never done anything like that;)

But that doesn't excuse it. But I'm sure you've said things out of frustration in the heat of a moment.

I don't mean to get riled up about this, but I am tired of parents and kids dictating the way professionals do their job. Coach Leach knows more about b-ball than 99% of people in the whole area. He was respected enough to be voted the chairman of the whole Men's Basketball board of the NCCAA while at KCU. He comes to a low-profile basketball program, probably expects to be given respect because of his resume and a fair shot to show his abilities, and he instead gets crapped on by everyone. It's not his fault no matter what you say. The problem is the people in the district, fans and administrators. This goes back further than one incident. In the eyes of a large majority of people Coach Leach, I'm sure of it, has done nothing wrong. Only at GCHS would this be allowed to escalate to this. This does NOT happen at even a small minority of schools. Coaches are respected and given the benefit of the doubt because they should. They have been hired to do a job. Just because it's not the way you and others would do it, doesn't give them the right to run him, and other coaches, off.

If history repeats itself Leach will just go to another weaker 16th Region opponent and then beat Greenup everytime they play them, sounds like too much micro managment at Greenup. Although if I was the AD/Principal and had to watch that Offensive/Defensive Philosophy that was being implemented I might have to force the coach out as well!

I'm guessing you think Coach Gillispie should be run off too. It takes TIME to teach a new system. There is no patience with people in this state. What's the deal? Coach Leach will go on to bigger things than the 16th region, hopefully. His talents would be wasted here.