Leach Resigns at Greenup Co.

Who said that the players did not like the coach never heard word of that. The coach would do his job if he wouldnt have QUIT!

I am not 100% sure of all the happenings, but I am gonna lean more towards you are a parent of a player, then just a supporter of the Team.

I myself hate to make false judgement of the happenings, and would love for someone else in Greenup PM me to let me know what happened, but from what I hear, then my feelings go out to the Coach. Its a shame for a man to get half a year to try to lead a horse to water and make him Drink.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenup is a mess it's a miracle what the football team did at the end of last season if not Coach Sammons probably would not be there. They are all great people and coaches but the administration at Greenup is awful. No support which you always need to have a successful program. It seems everytime you turn around you hear something bad about Greenup which means you won't find any good coaches.

How does the word resign sound to you? What does that mean? That means that he is giving up the position as coach. Greenup has had 3 players quit 2 others to get kicked off another attempted to be kicked off coach QUITS. What a season. Cant get much worse, only better

You say things will get better, will it?

There are some of us with young kids that are coming up thru the system that are old fashioned and do not want our kids playing for a scared, gutless coach that cant speak up and teach my kid some manners because he is afraid to get slapped on the wrist, or have a parent complain on them.

Once again, no one is blaming any kids or parents exactly for this problem, but no one has proven the story differently yet. Especially knowing this has happened 3 yrs in a row now.

There are plenty of surrounding schools around that will teach our children some respect.

There are plenty of surrounding schools around that will teach our children some respect.

From a Route 1 resident, who travels to one of those schools everyday.:thumb: And let me tell you, there is a caravan from Route 1 that makes that trip daily.

Solution ! - "The Administration & Parents" take turns coaching each game! Draw from a hat to determine the pecking order. Coach A runs practice until his game, then Coach B until his game,then on down the line until the season is over. Do this each & every year & maybe this can satisfy the Admin & Parents because who would want to coach in such a circus.

Solution ! - "The Administration & Parents" take turns coaching each game! Draw from a hat to determine the pecking order. Coach A runs practice until his game, then Coach B until his game,then on down the line until the season is over. Do this each & every year & maybe this can satisfy the Admin & Parents because who would want to coach in such a circus.

This also may be a good way to show some people that they really know very little about basketball, how to coach the game and just what a challenge that coaching is. I just wonder, will these people chosen to coah each week actually sit on the bench and coach the team during the game? If so does the actual coaches get to sit in the stands behind them during the game and yell/bash/critisize everything they do and/or every offensive - defensive set they go into? Will they get to face their family, their own kids (some maybe too young to understand why so many were cursing their dad (or mom))that were embarrassed and offended while sitting in the stands watching the game? That scenerio would also be fitting.

I have personally witnessed this type of thing in the past at different places.

I am not a GCHS fan, have not attended the games so I have no idea of who is yelling, critisizing or saying what behind peoples back so there is no way that I am singling out any one person or fan. I was just talking in "general" terms.

JMO and something to think about.

New Question --

If Coach Leach is no longer the head coach, will Coach Smith allow the players who left the team to return?

I wouldn't. For those who quit, they made their choice. They didn't quit on the coach, they quit on their teammates. If they did it once they'll do it again. Cut your losses and move on.

First off, Coach Leach is not going to kick someone off for "no good reason" because he is all class. Why would a coach kick off the leading scorer of their team for no reason? Usually, coach's bend over backwards for their leading scorer. Like the BlueBlazer said in another thread, if a player is a problem on the team, it doesn't matter if he is the leading scorer. He doesn't need to be there. The only other option is to sit the player and not play him. But can you imagine what the reaction would be if he just didn't play? What do you expect a coach to do? He is the leader of the team and his final decision is above all others. His opinion is above the parents, the assistants, the athletic director, administration, and especially the players. If he is not allowed to make these decisions and the school and parents are not supportive, then there is a big problem all around at Greenup. For crying out loud....it's basketball. Why aren't the parents and others up in arms about the low academic test scores. That should be a much bigger issue than a low-profile basketball program. The priorities are out-of-whack in Lloyd.

No. IF he did that, then he was wrong. I'm sure old Hicks or any other coach in the area have never done anything like that;)

But that doesn't excuse it. But I'm sure you've said things out of frustration in the heat of a moment.

I don't mean to get riled up about this, but I am tired of parents and kids dictating the way professionals do their job. Coach Leach knows more about b-ball than 99% of people in the whole area. He was respected enough to be voted the chairman of the whole Men's Basketball board of the NCCAA while at KCU. He comes to a low-profile basketball program, probably expects to be given respect because of his resume and a fair shot to show his abilities, and he instead gets crapped on by everyone. It's not his fault no matter what you say. The problem is the people in the district, fans and administrators. This goes back further than one incident. In the eyes of a large majority of people Coach Leach, I'm sure of it, has done nothing wrong. Only at GCHS would this be allowed to escalate to this. This does NOT happen at even a small minority of schools. Coaches are respected and given the benefit of the doubt because they should. They have been hired to do a job. Just because it's not the way you and others would do it, doesn't give them the right to run him, and other coaches, off.

I'm guessing you think Coach Gillispie should be run off too. It takes TIME to teach a new system. There is no patience with people in this state. What's the deal? Coach Leach will go on to bigger things than the 16th region, hopefully. His talents would be wasted here.

I agree, but you can't let kids disrespect their coach just so they can play. They aren't at school to play basketball. It's an extracurricular activity. They don't have a right to play. If a kid doesn't follow the rules or is a problem, they don't deserve and should not be allowed to be on the team.

Freeze, you got on a roll and I believe that you have Nailed It :thumb:.

I agree with your thinking/comments on these statements.

No. IF he did that, then he was wrong. I'm sure old Hicks or any other coach in the area have never done anything like that;)

But that doesn't excuse it. But I'm sure you've said things out of frustration in the heat of a moment.

I don't mean to get riled up about this, but I am tired of parents and kids dictating the way professionals do their job. Coach Leach knows more about b-ball than 99% of people in the whole area. He was respected enough to be voted the chairman of the whole Men's Basketball board of the NCCAA while at KCU. He comes to a low-profile basketball program, probably expects to be given respect because of his resume and a fair shot to show his abilities, and he instead gets crapped on by everyone. It's not his fault no matter what you say. The problem is the people in the district, fans and administrators. This goes back further than one incident. In the eyes of a large majority of people Coach Leach, I'm sure of it, has done nothing wrong. Only at GCHS would this be allowed to escalate to this. This does NOT happen at even a small minority of schools. Coaches are respected and given the benefit of the doubt because they should. They have been hired to do a job. Just because it's not the way you and others would do it, doesn't give them the right to run him, and other coaches, off.

Fact: Coach Hicks, Coach Sammons, and Coach Logan DO NOT use inappropriate language to the boys. Again, FACT

This also may be a good way to show some people that they really know very little about basketball, how to coach the game and just what a challenge that coaching is. I just wonder, will these people chosen to coah each week actually sit on the bench and coach the team during the game? If so does the actual coaches get to sit in the stands behind them during the game and yell/bash/critisize everything they do and/or every offensive - defensive set they go into? Will they get to face their family, their own kids (some maybe too young to understand why so many were cursing their dad (or mom))that were embarrassed and offended while sitting in the stands watching the game? That scenerio would also be fitting.

I have personally witnessed this type of thing in the past at different places.

I am not a GCHS fan, have not attended the games so I have no idea of who is yelling, critisizing or saying what behind peoples back so there is no way that I am singling out any one person or fan. I was just talking in "general" terms.

JMO and something to think about.

If you do not come to the games, then why are you so concerned with GC?