New coach at Scott High?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad they don't have an icon just shaking their head like I am...this is the closest I can find :rolleyes:

It does sound like Karma biting them, and it may be justified. I hate to hear they had someone who was committed, just not very successful.

Maybe Scott has earned some of the delay. I was just stating what I would do in the situation.

It does sound like Karma biting them, and it may be justified. I hate to hear they had someone who was committed, just not very successful.

Maybe Scott has earned some of the delay. I was just stating what I would do in the situation.

Hard to be successful when you're only give three years to turn around a program that has had no success in 30 years. The first step to doing this is to hire someone who is committed to the program and cares about the school and kids. Not someone looking for a stepping stone job until something better comes along.

I strongly agree with you E-Boost77!!! I fear that too many coaches view some places as stepping stones. Commitment and time will breed success. 3 years is a ridiculous timeline to have someone turn a program around. Especially one with that track record. I would think with their lack of success, it would take in the neighborhood of 6 years. Think about it, that would be a 7th grade classes working their way through middle school under that coaches program/system, then 4 years of high school. Then, you'd start seeing if they were worth their title. Even better, 10 years, so that you can see that youth league time kick in. Granted, I wouldn't expect any county or district to be that patient, but I wouldn't think 6 years would be unreasonable.

That would be very reasonable, unfortunately, for Coach Fisk he was not given that luxury even though he tied for the third most wins in school history and made the playoffs for only the second time in school history.

Maybe the next coach will be given the time (but the last two were only there 3 years)

They had a guy fully commited to Scott High School and decided to go in a different direction.

KARMA.

Sort of sounds like a similar situation to what Scott had 3 years ago when they had someone committed for all of about 3 days. The end result was that they got a better choice in my opinion with Coach Fisk. You won't find someone that was anymore dedicated then he was to Scott. Unfortunate how this turned out for him IMO..

Sort of sounds like a similar situation to what Scott had 3 years ago when they had someone committed for all of about 3 days. The end result was that they got a better choice in my opinion with Coach Fisk. You won't find someone that was anymore dedicated then he was to Scott. Unfortunate how this turned out for him IMO..

As soon as Scott got a new principle it was all over for Casey, I'm pretty sure he would of got rid of him last year if he would of had the job early enough. Sad if you ask me. Like you all have been saying, maybe he was a good coach, maybe he was not, but you will be hardpressed to find a guy that was more dedicated to Scott High School then Casey. The last thing Scott needs is a coach to come in who is already looking for the next job. I know for a fact Casey wasn't doing that.

Who is next in line if the top applicant decides to pass?

I think the final three canidates were the G-Town assistant, and then they have 2 nky high coordinators they have been looking at. I know one is from Lloyd and I'm not sure about the other.

I think the final three canidates were the G-Town assistant, and then they have 2 nky high coordinators they have been looking at. I know one is from Lloyd and I'm not sure about the other.

No official words yet but I just got off the phone with someone who said Dave Campbell accepted the job and another one of the finalist will be coming as well as assistant coach( someone from Lloyd I think)

Alot different to coach in High School than at Georgetown College. AT G-town you can go out and pick out your players and in high school you play with the hand that is dealt you.

When will is become offical?

You can sorta do that with open enrollment.