New coach at Scott High?

SBDMs were formed with the right intentions IMO but at a great many schools they are very inaffective and Principals and Superintendents tend to like it that way. They tend to treat SBDMs as a necessary evil. They are controlled by a Principal who controls the meeting and has 3 teachers that serve who don't rock the boat so they stay on the good side of their boss. The parent members are outnumbered and seldom really know what power they really have.

IMO to much has been taken away from the local School Boards who were elected by the community to represent them. A SBDM can be made up of all people who don't live in the schools community. All they have to do is teach or have a kid in the school and in my opinion that is wrong.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't that make them members of the school community?

Yes it does make them a part of the SCHOOL community but they don't often know what the concerns of the people are who actually LIVE in the community and PAY TAXES in the community. Whats worse is they often times don't time to find out what the concerns of the community are but instead only worry about the things that directly effect them particularily in the case of the teachers and principal.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the idea of a commitee is a good idea, but it should be limited. AD, Principal, Input from players. Not from community members, not from parents. While I understand its important for parents and community members to like their new head coach, I feel that the people who went to college and got their degree in Education should be the ones making the decision. QUOTE]

so parents aren't college educated?:eek:

I never stated that at all. I said it is a decision that should be given to people with a degree in education.

no:dancingpa

Glad to hear that and I was told a month or so ago from a parant that son goes to that middle school that he told his players that he was going to be the next coach at Scott that they needed to follow him. I bet he was not happy that he didnt get the job.

Glad to hear that and I was told a month or so ago from a parant that son goes to that middle school that he told his players that he was going to be the next coach at Scott that they needed to follow him. I bet he was not happy that he didnt get the job.

Yea he was telling people at the games last September that he was the next coach and that next year would be different:sssh:Guess it didn't work out for him:rolleyes:

Please be careful what type of information you spread on here. My two sons are in the eight grade at "that middle school" and played football for him for the past three years. This past fall my sons and I went through the process of deciding which Kenton Co high school to attend. Not once did the middle school coach approach my sons or myself (and they knew we were evaluating schools) and tell us that my sons needed to attend Scott because he was going to be the new coach. And I have a pretty good relationship with the coach because I was involved with the booster organization at the school for three years.

The middle school coach did tell people that the head coaching position at Scott would be opening (this was in November) and that he was going to be applying for it and hoped to get the job. But he didn't tell them they needed to follow him. So please don't say "he told his players" because that implies he told all of the players. I can't say you don't have a specific example (and I'd love to hear it if you do) because I'm not privy to all conversations. However, I really doubt it happened. Its probably a case of misunderstanding by the kid (I've seen that often) of what the coach was saying. If you want to discuss more details, please PM me.

Also, for those of you that are misinformed about the "championship ring". The coach did not know he was going to get the ring. After winning the middle school championship game, the booster organization (the parents) decided a nice gesture would be to provide the coach and players with something to celebrate the wonderful season these boys and coaches experienced. We decided on dog tags for the boys and a ring for the coach. We gave it to the coach at the year end banquet and it provided a great capstone for the year. Again, the coach did not know, and did not participate, in the acquisition of the "championship ring".

Some of you might say that I'm a "yes man", but I assure you that I've had my difference of opinion with this coach over the years. However, to read some of your comments are disrespectful, and there is no place on this class website for that. Again, please PM if you'd like to discuss anything related to the Summit View football program. Do it soon, though, because in a few months, we'll have to start talking Dixie Heights football.

Hopefully, the rest of this thread will stay constructive and will focus on what has been reported as being two final contenders for the head coaching job.

I heard from a fairly good source that they are down to three candidates. Two are assistant coaches from nearby schools and one is from out of town. I know that the candidate from out of town inspected the weight room and facilities on Wednesday, but I have no idea if he was offered the job or was just in for the second round of interviews. If the decision hasn't officially been made at this time, I think it will happen very soon...

I heard from a fairly good source that they are down to three candidates. Two are assistant coaches from nearby schools and one is from out of town. I know that the candidate from out of town inspected the weight room and facilities on Wednesday, but I have no idea if he was offered the job or was just in for the second round of interviews. If the decision hasn't officially been made at this time, I think it will happen very soon...

don't think any offers were made. I do know there was an interview on Wednesday and one on Thursday. Seems the power to be is holding it close to the vest on who his choice is.