New coach at Scott High?

yea I can see how that $8500 coaching salary can be a draw

First off he would be in the building in some capacity and make far more than 8500. Naia assistants make waaaay less money than you would imagine. I heard he hasn't gotten a raise since going to G-Town in 97 or 98. Second he has kids that will be going to High school soon and coaching them would probably be a draw.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he going to be a teacher at Scott as well?

Yes. Next year. And by the way, it's not the coaching salary that is the draw, it's the teaching salary, and the retirement system, and stability. Plus, I am sure he loves to coach football.

Yes. Next year. And by the way, it's not the coaching salary that is the draw, it's the teaching salary, and the retirement system, and stability. Plus, I am sure he loves to coach football.

What subject does he teach?

Three months now and still no announced coach. Numbers in the weight room are dwindling. Spring ball is not too far away. Scott also hosts and the coaching staff will do the East West All Star game early this summer. IMO, the administration dragging their feet on this is dooming any chance this team has to be competitive in '08.

I think after the fiasco they had with the hiring process in '05 they don't want to look stupid again.

Not sure it was a fiasco unless you call the 1st hire getting a case of cold feet and turning the job down after he originally accepted a fiasco. As I said in a previous post Scotts 2nd choice was a better choice anyway and it is unfortunate what has happened to Coach Fisk.. If he couldn't make them happy out at Scott then I'm not sure anyone will..