New coach at Scott High?

Not sure it was a fiasco unless you call the 1st hire getting a case of cold feet and turning the job down after he originally accepted a fiasco. As I said in a previous post Scotts 2nd choice was a better choice anyway and it is unfortunate what has happened to Coach Fisk.. If he couldn't make them happy out at Scott then I'm not sure anyone will..

I agree that Coach Fisk was by far the better pick of the two...

Speaking of '05: The hiring process took over three months. They narrowed it down, hired their man, had a press conference, the guy got a big write up in the local papers. The next day he calls them up and declines. Very puplicly, Fisk is announced as the second pick. Talk about starting out with a thud and not having any momentum. Fisk got the job in late February late getting a staff organized, a weight program going. Less than three years later and the best record the school has had in 17 years he is dumped...

I do think it was a fiasco. I think his being let go was a fiasco.

Want to know a bigger fiasco? This poor new coach coming in here with big plans and facing the monstrous task of turning around this program. After about 3 or 4 years of little support from the school. Low numbers coming out for the team. Little community support. Little parental involvement. Getting humiliated every other Friday night by the likes of Highlands, Cov Cath, and Dixie. This poor coach will leave in disgust like so many others in the last 30 years have...

Then we will go through this whole process again. Gray, Heidorn, McCarthy, Riegler, Fisk. All good men. I'm sure they could tell you what a fiasco it all is...

I really hope that I am wrong about the new guy and things go well and they do turn things around. Unfortunately, we've seen it all before...

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Coach Fisk was by far the better pick of the two...

Speaking of '05: The hiring process took over three months. They narrowed it down, hired their man, had a press conference, the guy got a big write up in the local papers. The next day he calls them up and declines. Very puplicly, Fisk is announced as the second pick. Talk about starting out with a thud and not having any momentum. Fisk got the job in late February late getting a staff organized, a weight program going. Less than three years later and the best record the school has had in 17 years he is dumped...

I do think it was a fiasco. I think his being let go was a fiasco.

Want to know a bigger fiasco? This poor new coach coming in here with big plans and facing the monstrous task of turning around this program. After about 3 or 4 years of little support from the school. Low numbers coming out for the team. Little community support. Little parental involvement. Getting humiliated every other Friday night by the likes of Highlands, Cov Cath, and Dixie. This poor coach will leave in disgust like so many others in the last 30 years have...

Then we will go through this whole process again. Gray, Heidorn, McCarthy, Riegler, Fisk. All good men. I'm sure they could tell you what a fiasco it all is...

I really hope that I am wrong about the new guy and things go well and they do turn things around. Unfortunately, we've seen it all before...

:thumb:

I just revisited this thread and am shocked to see that this new hire isn't official yet. I thought this was a done deal weeks ago. Anyone know what the hold up has been?

My understanding is that its a done deal there are a few things they are working out and should be official this week or the beginning of next week, I look for it to be announced by this weekend.

Scott definately doesn't need an assistant from Bellevue to be its new head coach. Like I said before they better make a big splash with this Coach. It all starts at the Junior High level they need the kids to come to Scott that are supposed to period.

Whats wrong with assistants from Bellevue?

My understanding is that its a done deal there are a few things they are working out and should be official this week or the beginning of next week, I look for it to be announced by this weekend.

Thanks Eagle. Keep us posted. I really hope Scott is able to turn things around and the community throws alot of support toward the new coach and the program.

Sit back and wait for the "big show." Apparently the new guy has the same coaching style as the new principal's administrative style. He has never encountered anything like the "machine" at SHS.

Patience. Please tell us something about the new coach. Would like to know something about his background, philosphy, etc...