Bob Schneider - NCC

Frank329

Do you really think that is the case? I believe that most coaches work hard and I believe in 1999 when NCC went 4-8 he worked just as hard. There maybe some people who try to cut corners but I don't believe they last very long.

A coach is successful not only by winning State championships but when they turn out outstanding young men. Something I think Bob Schneider, Dale Mueller and many other coaches we have here in NKY do. I thank all those who Coach our young men. I know how my Football coaches helped mold my life, and Winning a State title is an awesome thing to do but there is more to being a good coach than putting trophies in the cases. NKY coaches do a great job in my opinion.

Make that 2-9 in '98 and 4-8 in '99.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really think that is the case? I believe that most coaches work hard and I believe in 1999 when NCC went 4-8 he worked just as hard. There maybe some people who try to cut corners but I don't believe they last very long.

A coach is successful not only by winning State championships but when they turn out outstanding young men. Something I think Bob Schneider, Dale Mueller and many other coaches we have here in NKY do. I thank all those who Coach our young men. I know how my Football coaches helped mold my life, and Winning a State title is an awesome thing to do but there is more to being a good coach than putting trophies in the cases. NKY coaches do a great job in my opinion.

No, I don't think that. I don't understand why the thread was started. You probably agree with me, there are many coaches just like Bob Schneider, some win games, some don't.

This isn’t about Coach Schneider, but a general question about coaches like him who have proven to be good coaches and stay at a program for ten, twenty, forty years. Why wouldn’t they move to a college coaching position? Is it because they simply love the high school level, because they might take a pay cut as an assistant college coach, or some other reason? I would imagine that coaches like Schneider, Hilton (Bell Co), Haywood (Belfry), and Redman (Male) would be getting job offers from several colleges based off of their proven experience and ability. Just a question that I have wondered about.

College doesn't always mean more money or better facilities. There are many high schools with better facilities than a lot of college jobs.

Why do coaches stay as asst coaches for 20 years. Because being an assistant at many schools is better than being a head coach.

College doesn't always mean more money or better facilities. There are many high schools with better facilities than a lot of college jobs.

Why do coaches stay as asst coaches for 20 years. Because being an assistant at many schools is better than being a head coach.

Idk if you have ever seen Newcath's facilities, but lets just say there is no stadium, the practice field resembles the Sahara desert on a good day, and the weight room is comparable to a walk in closet.

That being said, I believe he stays at the high school level because he loves molding teenagers into men. At he stays at Ncc because... well... why leave? He's got a good thing at Ncc. He teaches AP English, has a good turnout of players every year, great athletes, great assistant coaches, exceptional support from the administration and the community, and he's winning consistently.

Coach Haywood has been offered at least 2 college jobs that I know off, one being Pikeville College on every occasion it has come open and has said no.

One reason is Belfry, even at the old place, has better facilities than every NAIA school aside form G-town, and every other college in the state of Kentucky and West Virginia aside from the D-1's and EKU.

Another is some Coaches are perfectly happy with where they are at.

The thing I always liked about Bob is that he's just a pretty nice guy. A real easy guy to talk to. You come into NewCath a boy and leave a man thanks to guys like him.

Agree and if you don't come away a man after 4 years of his tutelage I would suggest you take a good hard long look in the mirror.

Idk if you have ever seen Newcath's facilities, but lets just say there is no stadium, the practice field resembles the Sahara desert on a good day, and the weight room is comparable to a walk in closet.

That being said, I believe he stays at the high school level because he loves molding teenagers into men. At he stays at Ncc because... well... why leave? He's got a good thing at Ncc. He teaches AP English, has a good turnout of players every year, great athletes, great assistant coaches, exceptional support from the administration and the community, and he's winning consistently.

I am aware of the situation at NewCath, (haven't seen it, but heard) maybe he stayed becuase he felt appreciated and just maybe....he was happy and he obviously has had his share of the NKY athletes over the years.

part of the reason Coach Schneider had little success in the late 90's was because he kick some of his best player off the team due to bad off the field desitions. that says a lot about his morals to take those kids off the team knowing the team was going to struggle with out them.

also i would never ever put Schneider and Mueller in the same category, i seriously doubt Dale Mueller's ethics are anywhere near Schneider's