Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence County Head Coaching Position Officially Open!

Featured Replies

It's sad to say but "politics" are going to have to be ignored for LC to get back where they need to be.

  • Replies 248
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that know Billie and know he couldn't survive in the environment, I find it hard to believe anyone with head coaching experience is chomping at the bit to walk into that job.

It's sad to say but "politics" are going to have to be ignored for LC to get back where they need to be.

 

I agree, I will say that there is some level of politics at every school. I do believe though that County school sysytems are worse for this. JMO

LC is one of the greatest places to coach in the entire state when things are going right. When things are going wrong then its almost impossible to recover. I will say that much.

What are the issues currently at LC?

Billy Goldsmith is an outstanding person and coach. One of my best weeks of football was working with Coach Goldsmith the week we beat Tennessee in the all star game. He was a big part of winning that week. He knows the game and has a tremendous rapport with kids.

 

And, if you can get a hold of the video, he can dance a little. :laugh:Our kids at Mason County still talk about that video. I showed it to every class while I had it. No wonder kids love him!

 

:thumb:Great Post Chief!

I dont know about that, I guess they are just lucky :D

 

Son, that Raceland 6th grade is one heckuva football team. Got one of the best young centers coming up:thumb:

 

I hope so, it definitely help with college expenses.:D

I hope so, it definitely help with college expenses.:D

 

 

:thumb:

I do wonder however if offensive scheme will become a factor in the hiring of a new HC?

Do you think its got to be wishbone attack or is LC ready for the spread to be successful?

I dont think it HAS to be Wishbone or Maryland I or any type of Wing offense 100% of the time. Just to have a very solid running game and mix in the pass just enough to keep the linebackers and ends from crowding the LOS. The 1999 LC team did this almost perfectly. They would beat you up with Hughes and West and when you started to crowd the LOS they would throw to Parker. That same kind of philosophy is what I personally think would work with Lawrence County kids.

Our program has been going down since McPeek was here. I am curious, what is everyone's problem with Chuke Williams? Too many wins? What?

Our program has been going down since McPeek was here. I am curious, what is everyone's problem with Chuke Williams? Too many wins? What?

 

Make no mistake about, Chuke Williams is a great coach. He knows his football, no one on here will question that. I believe the people in Lawrence Co. sort of felt betrayed when he left for Bourbon Co. I still cant quite understand why a man would leave all the talent and prestige he had at Lawrence Co. to go a program that was down as bad as Bourbon Co., well actually I can, $$$$.

 

As the old saying goes, "Shame on you if you fooled me once, Shame on me if you fooled me twice." If he sold out once for money, what makes you think he wouldnt do it a 2nd time?

Make no mistake about, Chuke Williams is a great coach. He knows his football, no one on here will question that. I believe the people in Lawrence Co. sort of felt betrayed when he left for Bourbon Co. I still cant quite understand why a man would leave all the talent and prestige he had at Lawrence Co. to go a program that was down as bad as Bourbon Co., well actually I can, $$$$.

 

As the old saying goes, "Shame on you if you fooled me once, Shame on me if you fooled me twice." If he sold out once for money, what makes you think he wouldnt do it a 2nd time?

 

Chuke might have been great when at Lawrence but he did not get it done at Bourbon.

Make no mistake about, Chuke Williams is a great coach. He knows his football, no one on here will question that. I believe the people in Lawrence Co. sort of felt betrayed when he left for Bourbon Co. I still cant quite understand why a man would leave all the talent and prestige he had at Lawrence Co. to go a program that was down as bad as Bourbon Co., well actually I can, $$$$.

 

As the old saying goes, "Shame on you if you fooled me once, Shame on me if you fooled me twice." If he sold out once for money, what makes you think he wouldnt do it a 2nd time?

 

From what I recall, it wasn't all about the money. There were some powerful elements here who wanted him out. What were those reasons? Local politics? Personality clashes? Lawrence Co Football has never been better before or since he left.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.