Lawrence County Head Coaching Position Officially Open!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy Goldsmith is an outstanding person and coach. One of my best weeks of football was working with Coach Goldsmith the week we beat Tennessee in the all star game. He was a big part of winning that week. He knows the game and has a tremendous rapport with kids.

And, if you can get a hold of the video, he can dance a little. :laugh:Our kids at Mason County still talk about that video. I showed it to every class while I had it. No wonder kids love him!

:thumb:Great Post Chief!

I dont know about that, I guess they are just lucky :D

Son, that Raceland 6th grade is one heckuva football team. Got one of the best young centers coming up:thumb:

I hope so, it definitely help with college expenses.:D

I dont think it HAS to be Wishbone or Maryland I or any type of Wing offense 100% of the time. Just to have a very solid running game and mix in the pass just enough to keep the linebackers and ends from crowding the LOS. The 1999 LC team did this almost perfectly. They would beat you up with Hughes and West and when you started to crowd the LOS they would throw to Parker. That same kind of philosophy is what I personally think would work with Lawrence County kids.

Our program has been going down since McPeek was here. I am curious, what is everyone's problem with Chuke Williams? Too many wins? What?

Make no mistake about, Chuke Williams is a great coach. He knows his football, no one on here will question that. I believe the people in Lawrence Co. sort of felt betrayed when he left for Bourbon Co. I still cant quite understand why a man would leave all the talent and prestige he had at Lawrence Co. to go a program that was down as bad as Bourbon Co., well actually I can, $$$$.

As the old saying goes, "Shame on you if you fooled me once, Shame on me if you fooled me twice." If he sold out once for money, what makes you think he wouldnt do it a 2nd time?

Make no mistake about, Chuke Williams is a great coach. He knows his football, no one on here will question that. I believe the people in Lawrence Co. sort of felt betrayed when he left for Bourbon Co. I still cant quite understand why a man would leave all the talent and prestige he had at Lawrence Co. to go a program that was down as bad as Bourbon Co., well actually I can, $$$$.

As the old saying goes, "Shame on you if you fooled me once, Shame on me if you fooled me twice." If he sold out once for money, what makes you think he wouldnt do it a 2nd time?

Chuke might have been great when at Lawrence but he did not get it done at Bourbon.

From what I recall, it wasn't all about the money. There were some powerful elements here who wanted him out. What were those reasons? Local politics? Personality clashes? Lawrence Co Football has never been better before or since he left.