Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence County Head Coaching Position Officially Open!

Featured Replies

I, personally, think Chad Tackett would be a great fit in Lawrence Co. He rebuilt the Fairview program, and is now an assistant at Ashland. I don't know if he is currently interested in being a head coach, but if he is it would be great for Lawrence Co and for Chad.

 

Now that would be an interesting Hire...I believe the two(Chad and Fans) would go good together...Both have heart and desire to WIN. Great post.

  • Replies 248
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UKBLUE has a point, I had forgotten about Phillip Ratliff, I think he would be a great hire in LC, Phillip is a very good person and has proven to be a very good coach, plus he is related to at least one official. But, seriously, I think Phillip would be a great hire, he is energetic and seems to be well liked in LC.

Im unaware of anyone besides Nathanial Dials who made a move from LC to JC. Who else has?

 

There was NO implication of cheating. Heck, I'm not even talking about transfers.

 

I'm talking about the reverse of how it used to be. Football-oriented kids in Johnson Co. would occasionally go to high school at Lawrence (when they were a power).

 

It's not wrong, CERTAINLY not against the rules. It's just the nature of the beast. Kids want to go to a winning program.

There was NO implication of cheating. Heck, I'm not even talking about transfers.

 

I'm talking about the reverse of how it used to be. Football-oriented kids in Johnson Co. would occasionally go to high school at Lawrence (when they were a power).

 

It's not wrong, CERTAINLY not against the rules. It's just the nature of the beast. Kids want to go to a winning program.

 

:thumb: I just miss interperted your point. I certainly agree, that talents flows to the winning programs and fades from the losing programs. Overall, Lawrence Co. has done a pretty good job of weathering the storm and keeping players in house. The big loses over the past couple of years in my mind would be Nathanail Dials(JC), Corey Humphery(Paintsville), and the QB that transfered to Boyd Co.(the name isnt coming to me right now).

UKBLUE has a point, I had forgotten about Phillip Ratliff, I think he would be a great hire in LC, Phillip is a very good person and has proven to be a very good coach, plus he is related to at least one official. But, seriously, I think Phillip would be a great hire, he is energetic and seems to be well liked in LC.

 

Phillip is family and I was waiting for someone to bring his name up! I will contact him and see his thoughts on returning to LC.???:thumb:

Phillip is family and I was waiting for someone to bring his name up! I will contact him and see his thoughts on returning to LC.???:thumb:

 

Phillip was another one that was one the staff under Goldsmith. Goldsmith's coaching tree consists of Chuke Williams, David Lemasters, and Phillip Ratliff. Some pretty good coaches if you ask me. Where is Ratliff now, I know that he was the Head Coach at Spring Valley, WV at one time but I dont think that he is still there is he?

Luke Moore transfered to Boyd County.

:thumb: I just miss interperted your point. I certainly agree, that talents flows to the winning programs and fades from the losing programs. Overall, Lawrence Co. has done a pretty good job of weathering the storm and keeping players in house. The big loses over the past couple of years in my mind would be Nathanail Dials(JC), Corey Humphery(Paintsville), and the QB that transfered to Boyd Co.(the name isnt coming to me right now).

Coach Goldsmith should always be considered with the greatest respect for what he did at LCHS. He is the coach that I remember in the early 90's when LCHS first started their great run. I know that Coach Gary Morris from Russell got his start at LCHS in the early 90's as their offensive coordinator. In my personal opinion he is should be at the top of anyones list when a head coaching job comes open. Not to say he would leave where he is at, but I was wondering if his name has been mentioned?

Coach Gary Morris from Russell. A definsive genius. Bulldog fans will love the wing-T

Russell fans do NOT want to lose Coach Morris. I hope he is not considering leaving for this vacancy.

Russell fans do NOT want to lose Coach Morris. I hope he is not considering leaving for this vacancy.

 

Would be a great hire for LC he is a good man and good coach. However, I can't see him leaving Russell he would probably get the job whenever Coach McGlone decides to retire.

Would be a great hire for LC he is a good man and good coach. However, I can't see him leaving Russell he would probably get the job whenever Coach McGlone decides to retire.
Me neither, I only posted a question as to IF his name had been mentioned and I think he will be a great head coach one day if he wants to.
Luke Moore transfered to Boyd County.

 

I know that losing at LC was NOT the reason Luke and the other two kids mentioned in this thread about transferring. I will not get into to details cause all were personal and should never be discussed openly.

Phillip was another one that was one the staff under Goldsmith. Goldsmith's coaching tree consists of Chuke Williams, David Lemasters, and Phillip Ratliff. Some pretty good coaches if you ask me. Where is Ratliff now, I know that he was the Head Coach at Spring Valley, WV at one time but I dont think that he is still there is he?

 

Phillip is at Marshall coaching the Tight Ends. He left Spring Valley several years ago for a coaching job at James Madison University the year they won the 1-AA Championship under former Herd Defensive Coach Micky Matthews.

Phil Ratliff

 

 

 

 

Russell fans do NOT want to lose Coach Morris. I hope he is not considering leaving for this vacancy.

 

There is no way Gary would leave Russell. If he ever did I would be totally shocked. He is a great coach in both Football and Baseball.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.