Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence County Head Coaching Position Officially Open!

Featured Replies

First of all....I'm a big Goldsmith fan. As Chiefsmoke said, he is a great man and great coach, IMO, things just for whatever reasons didn't seem to get rolling like he and others had wanted, unfortunately.

 

To add to what a couple others mentioned earlier, Lawrence County alum and former Campbellsville University star QB, Alan Short would be a great choice!! He has been at Adair County the past couple years, and some might think that the "lack of experience factor" would maybe not make Short a good choice, but I will firmly beg the differ on that. In some cases, Experience is over-rated, I will take it to the bank that Alan Short knows as much, if not more football than a good deal of coaches across the state that have had a lot more experience in the coaching game. He's very knowledgeable, great work ethic, enthusiastic, high energy, disciplined and a leader. Everything that a program could want.

 

I agree 100% with you about Alan. My only concern would be that alot of fans would expect him to start winning like he did as a player and right now that isn't going to happen at least for a couple of years. Yes LC can go 6-4, 7-3 but the undefeated and 1 loss regular seasons that LC fans grew accustomed too in the 90's will take some time until some stability comes to the program. Here is a list of things I believe that needs to happen.

1) Find a new Head Coach

2) Determine the offense that is going to be ran

3) Get your feeder programs to run the same offense

4) Get the adminstration to support the program

5) Get the fans to support the coach and be patient

6) Support the players, if they see fans and parents supporting and not arguing then they will bring back pride.

  • Replies 248
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I will say that there is some level of politics at every school. I do believe though that County school sysytems are worse for this. JMO

 

Please check your sources, becuase that just aint true:argue: I know!

 

Is this resignation a what if, or a fact?

 

It is FACT that this would be a huge loss to the Lawrence County program. Billy Goldsmith has and will always be respected by his coaching peers.

 

Yes, sometimes there comes a time for change, but Billy is a class act from top to bottom and I hope that the decision is his and not somebody else.

Please check your sources, becuase that just aint true:argue: I know!

 

Is this resignation a what if, or a fact?

 

It is FACT that this would be a huge loss to the Lawrence County program. Billy Goldsmith has and will always be respected by his coaching peers.

 

Yes, sometimes there comes a time for change, but Billy is a class act from top to bottom and I hope that the decision is his and not somebody else.

 

FACT.

Please check your sources, becuase that just aint true:argue: I know!

Is this resignation a what if, or a fact?

 

It is FACT that this would be a huge loss to the Lawrence County program. Billy Goldsmith has and will always be respected by his coaching peers.

 

Yes, sometimes there comes a time for change, but Billy is a class act from top to bottom and I hope that the decision is his and not somebody else.

 

First of all I agree with you completely on Goldsmith, he is imo a good coach and with talking with some that have known him for years is a very good person that cares about his players/kids.

 

For the other question from what all I heard from a couple of people that would definately know is that it is FACT.;)

First off I just want to say that I like Goldsmith as a person and I wish him well wherever he goes.

Chuke-doesnt want to coach and is happy teaching drivers ed

Cecil-doesnt want it

Luke Sammons-why is he even mentioned? I like him but he has only coached two years and he coaches middle school

Tackett-is next in line for the Ashland job and it looks like Hart is going to retire.

Dixon-If we dont hire him it will be the biggest mistake ever. He has coached here 10 years and deserves a shot. If you ask any former player who they want to play for it would be Dixon. He will go back to the belly and not stay with this awful Tony Franklin system. Im afraid if we overlook him this time that he will leave.

First off I just want to say that I like Goldsmith as a person and I wish him well wherever he goes.

Chuke-doesnt want to coach and is happy teaching drivers ed

Cecil-doesnt want it

Luke Sammons-why is he even mentioned? I like him but he has only coached two years and he coaches middle school

Tackett-is next in line for the Ashland job and it looks like Hart is going to retire.

Dixon-If we dont hire him it will be the biggest mistake ever. He has coached here 10 years and deserves a shot. If you ask any former player who they want to play for it would be Dixon. He will go back to the belly and not stay with this awful Tony Franklin system. Im afraid if we overlook him this time that he will leave.

 

 

I have to politely and completely disagree with this post.:fire:

First off I just want to say that I like Goldsmith as a person and I wish him well wherever he goes.

Chuke-doesnt want to coach and is happy teaching drivers ed

Cecil-doesnt want it

Luke Sammons-why is he even mentioned? I like him but he has only coached two years and he coaches middle school

Tackett-is next in line for the Ashland job and it looks like Hart is going to retire.

Dixon-If we dont hire him it will be the biggest mistake ever. He has coached here 10 years and deserves a shot. If you ask any former player who they want to play for it would be Dixon. He will go back to the belly and not stay with this awful Tony Franklin system. Im afraid if we overlook him this time that he will leave.

 

Welcome to BGP YankeesFan......from another Yankees Fan. :thumb:

Dixon deserves a shot. He will take the best from all the guys he's coached under and mix it in with some of his own philosophy and pour his heart and soul into the program. He has been loyal to the school and to the program. IMO, he deserves a shot because of that if for nothing else.

Dixon deserves a shot. He will take the best from all the guys he's coached under and mix it in with some of his own philosophy and pour his heart and soul into the program. He has been loyal to the school and to the program. IMO, he deserves a shot because of that if for nothing else.

 

Just because someone is loyal doesn't mean there going to be a good head coach!!! What if they give him the job and he goes 3-27 in his first three years.

 

LC will be back in the position there in now looking for another Head Coach IMO, The LC ADM. doesn't need to rush this and they need to go after the best coach they can get that can lead this program back to where it was. Most LC fans don't want to wait 6 or 7 years for there program to come back.

 

Good Luck to the LC Fans I hope you get a good coach, and hopefully we can meet up again in a few years. :walk:

Just because someone is loyal doesn't mean there going to be a good head coach!!! What if they give him the job and he goes 3-27 in his first three years.

 

LC will be back in the position there in now looking for another Head Coach IMO, The LC ADM. doesn't need to rush this and they need to go after the best coach they can get that can lead this program back to where it was. Most LC fans don't want to wait 6 or 7 years for there program to come back.

 

Good Luck to the LC Fans I hope you get a good coach, and hopefully we can meet up again in a few years. :walk:

 

 

Now this is the kind of post I can get behind :thumb::thumb:

Now this is the kind of post I can get behind :thumb::thumb:

 

First of all thanks.

 

Second I know alittle what I'm talking about. After Musick left in 00. JC went out and got another coach right after he left. We won I believe 1 game. Then he was Gone.

 

Within my 4 Years as a Player we had 3 different Coaches we never had time to learn a new program before we were learning another.

 

This is not good for the Players as they are the ones that suffer.

 

JCHS Had 4 Differnt Head Coaches From 00-04, Before the Matney Era.

 

Just take your time and get a good coach. It will help with the heart ache in the long run.:fire:

What about Michael Copley? Would he be interested in returning? I understand the folks who employ him now have been pleased with his work. Just to throw out another name I hadn't seen yet.

Just to throw this name out there I have heard the name Eric Ratliff being mentioned. Anyone have any info on this guy??

I would like to see LC get back to power football though.

 

 

I agree. It's been way too long without winning on a routine basis. :thumb:

:thumb:

 

 

:thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.