Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence County Head Coaching Position Officially Open!

Featured Replies

I will say this. I am only writing what I hear when I visit Louisa and not just one person but several people. And none of them are my family members.

I am stating my OPINION of what I think. Sometimes someone who is not around the problem sees more of what is going on.

 

 

Also I never said he didn't do a good job I don't know because I haven't been around the LC program day in and day out since I moved. I am only saying what at least 4 different people I spoke with during Thanksgiving. And those people are upset and they want change in the whole program. I didn't even know he was the QB Club president until these people told me.

 

I want to see LC to get back to where they was in the 90's and I honestly hope everyone gets together down there and do what is best for the program and the kids most importantly.

 

And last The mighty keyboard is what this site is all about otherwise there would not be a forum

  • Replies 248
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us do our best to stay on topic, everyone.

(I posted this on the "Rowan County Job Open" thread, as well.)

 

Chris Mullins from Greenup County would be a great choice for Head Coach of Lawrence County.

 

He is a graduate of GCHS (1999). He is a Math teacher at GCHS. He coached the receivers and secondary for the past 2 seasons.

 

He was a member of Greenup County's 1996, 1997, and 1998 District Championship teams (regular season) and coached Greenup County to the District Championship in the playoffs in 2007.

  • Author

I don't how long this process will take or what the process will be. Usually There is a committee formed to look at candidates and find out who would be best for the program . Is that going to happen for the new football coach?. I know that was the case when Randy Anderson was hired as Lawrence's basketball coach. I think Billy is going to finish out the year because Boone is playing basketball. After Billy leaves, Will this be a quick hire or a long drawn out one? Your thoughts.............................

I think they need to hire one before Christmas. One reason is that you what to have kids in the weight room and having a coach to motivate them to get them into the weight room is needed. This is where it starts plus this gives him the chance to go to basketball games and talk to the fans and establish a working relationship with them and especially the youth program coaches. They need to be on the same page with him on what to offense and defense to run.

I think Chuke could do some damage in the District, with the talent that is coming up at Lawrence County. They have some good young talent coming up.

 

Personally, I hope he doesnt come there...Dont want to play them with Chuke at the Helm.

I think Chuke could do some damage in the District, with the talent that is coming up at Lawrence County. They have some good young talent coming up.

 

Personally, I hope he doesnt come there...Dont want to play them with Chuke at the Helm.

 

This is why the majority of Lawrence County wants Chuke back at the helm. I have nothing but respect for Chuke Williams. I just hope everyone can put the hard feelings aside and make the right choice for the program.

Whats the latest? Chukes name back in the picture???? Interesting.

Whats the latest? Chukes name back in the picture???? Interesting.

 

I think Chuke and several others should be considered. That way you can be sure the best was taken when the decision is made.

I'm still wondering about Phillip Ratliff. Does anyone know if he has any interest. He did a great job at Spring Valley, and now has some college experience. I may be wrong, but I thought he would be very interested in coaching at Lawrence Co.

The head coach will decide what offense to run. Besides, who said both would be the offensive coordinator? One of them could run the defense, the other do the offense. Two great coaches in my opinion and it would be a shame if the administration lets either one of them get away.

 

:thumb: 3high I agree with your points made and will also say .....Just as an outsider I think that I am safe in saying that there are a couple of coaches in and around the system now that LOVE LCHS Football and the community. They know and live/have lived the football tradition at LC. I hope that LC will pick the right person for this job (it "could be" one of the best coaching jobs in the state imo).

Again, good luck to LC on getting ther football program back to where you want it to be. I certainly believe that you will do just that.

Like I said I am an outsider to the program . I just wanted to say that when a coach is chosen I would hope that the community will get behind him and let whoever it may be coach his team in his way. That is not meant to put down anyone that has posted on this thread at all - just an observation that I have picked up on and have seen take place at other schools as well.

A coaches job is tough enough without having constant negativity from the community, some fans and in some cases within the school system itself.

I'm still wondering about Phillip Ratliff. Does anyone know if he has any interest. He did a great job at Spring Valley, and now has some college experience. I may be wrong, but I thought he would be very interested in coaching at Lawrence Co.

 

With Philip being a coach over at Marshall I think he would have to take a paycut to come here and a step down and I just dont see him doing that even if its for LC. I wish he would though, I like your thinking:thumb:

There has been some really good information on here so far! Thanks for all the great posts. Here is my personal opinions of some of the "Possible" candidates.

 

Chuke Williams - Incredible coach, loved by many here in LC, but unfortunately disliked by some of the influential people in LC. His personality earned him some non-supporters. Not my first choice, but would be a good hire.

 

Dixon - Loyal is the word that everybody throws out, but everyone forgets that this man is Football smart, and EXTREMELY respected by most of the players and former players. I had one former player say that Dixon was greatest motivator he ever knew. My CO-first choice.

 

Phillip Ratliff - The hands down easiet choice and great guy, but IMO not gonna happen! He would be making a great sacrifice leaving the college ranks to coach high school.

 

Blake Preece - Incredible guy and DEVOTED bulldog. Some good experience and I know the kind of offseason work he puts into really knowing the X's and O's of the game. The knock is that he runs an offense that LC fans are not as happy with as they are with the belly or something else. My Co-first choice

 

Alan short - This would be a great hire, but I have know idea if he would be interested or not.

 

J.R. Cook - From the Johnson Central staff. Sorry JC but he is ours at heart and we should look at him hard if he's interested?

There has been some really good information on here so far! Thanks for all the great posts. Here is my personal opinions of some of the "Possible" candidates.

 

Chuke Williams - Incredible coach, loved by many here in LC, but unfortunately disliked by some of the influential people in LC. His personality earned him some non-supporters. Not my first choice, but would be a good hire.

 

Dixon - Loyal is the word that everybody throws out, but everyone forgets that this man is Football smart, and EXTREMELY respected by most of the players and former players. I had one former player say that Dixon was greatest motivator he ever knew. My CO-first choice.

 

Phillip Ratliff - The hands down easiet choice and great guy, but IMO not gonna happen! He would be making a great sacrifice leaving the college ranks to coach high school.

 

Blake Preece - Incredible guy and DEVOTED bulldog. Some good experience and I know the kind of offseason work he puts into really knowing the X's and O's of the game. The knock is that he runs an offense that LC fans are not as happy with as they are with the belly or something else. My Co-first choice

 

Alan short - This would be a great hire, but I have know idea if he would be interested or not.

 

J.R. Cook - From the Johnson Central staff. Sorry JC but he is ours at heart and we should look at him hard if he's interested?

 

From what I have been told Alan Short is VERY interested in the HC job.:ylsuper:

  • Author

I have just got off the phone with somebody at the Lawrence County Board office and the job has been officially posted...So if you know of a coach that would be interested then they need to get down to Lawrence County board office and fill out an application and get their name thrown in the hat!!!!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.