Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence County Head Coaching Position Officially Open!

Featured Replies

People in Louisa like the belly not because of Chuke. Billy ran it some with the Veer. It is something that has been around since the 80's at LCHS. It is what the coaches at the feeder level run with their teams because that is what they know. Then this year you change the whole offense and expecting it to be a powerhouse.

 

With not very big lineman the belly and veer offense's best suit LC and alot of teams across the state. To be able to run a spread offense you need speed and quickness and teach it from your feeder level up before they get to high school.

 

So the young Dawgs can create their own identity by doing what they already know. What we need is a coach that can come in and build on that. Whoever that may be.

  • Replies 248
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Power football is what the feeder programs know and thats what they teach every team down there.

The perception from outsiders reading this thread should be really interesting. You have people that have never played football, parents, out of starters all throwing out there what is going on but some of it just isn't true. I've held off on posting in this thread but the more I thought about it the more I think it would be good to give a reality check. I played on the teams in the early 90's that laid the foundation for this program under Coach Goldsmith and Chuke came in my Sr year. I've had broken bones, stitches, surgery etc all for laying my body on the line for this program. The days of building this program was like no other feeling I've ever had! The pride in our town was 2nd to none. We went 11-0 my Soph year, first final 4 my Junior year (lost by 3 too Mayfield) and undefeated in District my Sr year only to lost to a great Pburg team after we went 11-2. I was fortunate (and forever grateful) that Chuke gave me a summer job and got me into the door of coaching. I gave up a couple of summers and drove back on Friday nights to help out. I coached WR's and was blessed to have guys like Gerad Parker, Spencer Harriss and Matt Peterson. Playing and coaching I was a part of 2 final fours and most of the best wins ever at Lawrence County (Russell double OT, Mason Co 3yd line to win Region, Raceland game that started the snowball effect, Breathitts win streak coming to an end, Flemming hook+lateral play etc).

There was always a bad taste left for me because we were so close to playing on the carpet but just kept coming up short. I felt like the biggest reasons were 2 fold. One we never had a kicking game and two we couldn't throw the ball when teams packed it in on us. I made it my goal to go out and learn as much as I could about the passing game. I got a head coaching job at a middle school in Oldham County right out of college and we went to the Mid Bluegrass Championship my first year there (3 back power team). We had success the whole time I was there then I moved up to the high school to start a new program. On the side I made it a mission to learn as much as I could especially in the passing game. I've flown to Dallas, Minn, driven to Chicago, Notre Dame etc to keep learning so one day I could come back to Louisa and try to get us over the top. While I was in Louisville my childhood buddy Morgan Cyrus and I decided that we wanted to do everything we could to try to help the youth at LC have a chance to live the experiences we had. We got almost 20 old players back that played at LC in the past and started a youth camp. Every single guy I called jumped on the chance to come back and help and they all did it for free. Most are working, in school, have kids etc but they know what the program means to the young men in Lousia. We had close to 45 kids the first year and this past year the number was up over 80. The cost of the camp is cheap so we can get as many kids involved as possible and the money goes right back to the youth league to get them off to a solid start. They even started a cheerleading camp to go with it. While I was in Oldham Co I followed Coach Sphire for about 5 years (clinics, observing Lex Cath games etc). When Coach McPeek got the job at LC we tried like crazy to get back but couldn't find my wife a job. We ended up moving to Lexington after we had our little girl and I got an interview at Lex Cath. That year working with Coach Sphire, Coach Letton and that whole staff was out of this world. I had never been around so much organization, so many great coaches that had the freedom to be able to focus on their specific positions everyday etc. The run we had there was a dream and it was even more special that Justin Burke's mom was a Louisa girl:) Finally I got the experience of winning a state champion sip but there was still a part of me that felt like the void would never be totally filled until we did it at home. When we found out we were having our little boy I decided to switch jobs and with the help of God the center of my territory was LOUISA! While I was in training I got a call to see if I wanted to take over the offensive coordinator's job at LC. A DREAM COME TRUE!!!

I knew a lot of folks in Louisa didn't know what the forward pass was and I knew there was going to be a lot of heat with position battles. I didn't get moved down until June so that made things pretty tough but I knew we had a great group of kids. We had an awesome summer and felt like we were going to get things rolling this year. I think there were multiple reasons we didn't achieve success this year. Some I will share and some I will keep to myself. In short I think the blame can be put in every single direction. Our schedule for a team that is rebuilding is crazy and the fans are going to have to realize that whoever gets the job faces the same schedule next year minus Coal Grove. The coaches have taken incredible shots this year and some of it is flat out sad. I'm an honest person and I can say that after reflecting back on the season there are several things I would have done different and it was a learning experience. I think there were several things that the coaches have to take blame for and learn from. The biggest thing I think is that we have GOT to start getting kids out of the hallways and playing. We were lucky to get kids like Cody, Timmy and Brad out but it's hard not to think what it would have been like if those guys would have been around for off season workouts and passing league stuff. When you start naming groups you run the risk of hurting feelings but in every group there are those that deserve some blame and those that have been outstanding.

I think coaches, players, parents, fans all need to take a look at what they can do better. I gave my spill on the coaches now I'll go to some of the parents. The majority have bent over back wards and supported our program to the max. Unfortunately there have been a couple that crossed the line this year. Coach Goldsmith BUILT the LC program. He loves his players and everything associated with the program. I can't tell you the number of times he has driven a kid 45minutes out after practice because that's the only way that kid is going to be able to play. Week after week he took kids to places like Cumberland and Campbellsville on recruiting visits even though we got waxed the night before. Then he has a couple of parents that dog cuss him and his family until a fly wouldn't land on him. Inexcusable! There are multiple examples but I'll spare it.

Like I said when you are naming groups you have those that deserve to be called out and those that are on the opposite end of the spectrum and should be praised. The thing that made me the most proud of our kids is that they has adversity slung in their face every single week. Playing top 5 teams in the state week in week out, 10+ injuries to guys that started or played a lot, 6 Sophs and a Freshman on the field at times etc. 99% of those guys never one time pointed the finger of blame at each other. They learned what it was like to get your character tested in tough times and how to fight through them to become stronger young men. For that I think they will always have something to reflect back on in the though times down the road. I think whoever comes in has got to get the kids to sell out that this is the ultimate team game. We had a lot of times that kids would take off a play and that killed us. We had times that kids that didn't get the ball wouldn't block. Film doesn't lie and honestly I think those kids would tell you. Little things add up and we've got to get that attitude. To me attitude is everything. I've been a part of a team like this one, been a part of a new high school program, won a state championship. The difference between those teams is their attitude. You don't go into games hoping to win, you go in expecting to win and that is the attitude we have to embrace!

The last group I'm going to cover is the fans. I've laid it on the line and thrown myself out there because I LOVE our KIDS, our PROGRAM, and our COMMUNITY! With that being said it wasn't even 4 games into the season that some drunk caught me coming off the field ready to fight because I hadn't played so and so. I asked him if he knew when so and so got hurt and he said "I didn't know he was hurt". Being a fan means you can be an armchair QB. I do it when I watch UK etc. The bottom line is unless you have watched film, been in workouts, been at practice, know who is hurt, know who knows what's going on etc then you don't have a clue why things are being done the way they are done. This is were a lot of LC fans are going to have to grow up. The officials had to stop a game at home this year because our fans were cussing one of our players so bad! INEXCUSABLE!!!! It's real simple..... you are with us or you aren't!!!!! Don't say you are with us then go post on a message board should the coach be gone the night before we play the #2 team in the state (that happened this year). I will never forget playing at Russell and winning in double overtime. Our fans came out in the mud tackling us because they were so excited. I'll never forget Dwayne stuck on the goal post as it was being broken down after the Breathitt game. I'll never forget eating Thanksgiving dinner, going through walk through then getting on the bus to go to Mayfield. There were cars parked on both sides of the road with fans video taping and little kids on their shoulders for miles all the way to the Power Plant. I'll never forget shaving coaches head on the stage after winning the potato festival game and singing "Don't give me no lines and keep your hands to yourselves" to our crowd that came down to watch. We have some amazing fans but I encourage you that if some are out of line to let them know. Those great times all came while we were winning but your true character comes out when you are losing. You find out what you are made of and who you are. The great thing is that when you stick together (which is what we have to do and my whole point) and you come out that other side then it makes getting back on top that much more special!

A few things on the new coaching job. 1: There are supposed to be job cuts (we all know what kind of shape our schools have been in) so that is going to be really tough on this coach. It's going to be hard to bring much more of a staff in and supposedly they are cutting paid assistants jobs down some.

2. Whatever system the new coach runs needs to be embraced by the fans. The belly is an awesome series but not the only series. We ran it the 3 years before I got here and averaged about 3 wins a season. It isn't the cure all. If this coach runs it then GREAT! Support it! If it's the spread then GREAT there are multiple teams in the state championship again this year that runs the spread. If it's the 3 back power then great! We've been to the final four before running the 3 back power. My philosophy was that we never made it to state with a bunch of D1 kids running the belly alone without a kicking game so I wanted to be more versatile especially since we are playing a lot better competition now. Some don't agree and that's totally fine but support whatever system is run. You have to realize it takes some time to develop a new system (last year we didn't even have an off season, had 1 int all year and didn't kick a single FG). We also never sold out to what we were doing which can't happen. It's been posted on here that we ran the belly in the 80's but that's not true. Chuke brought it in 92 my SR year. It's also said that our youth run it but that is false. Almost all youth programs are some sort of power (Russell WingT etc). Nobody in the youth league runs the belly read. Our 8th grade last year ran the spread and only lost 1 game. If I'm around at all I really hope to sit down and work with the youth league guys (we have some good one's) on developing a plan to work on fundamentals across the board every practice so we have a checks and balances. I also have witnessed my nephew go through 3 different systems in 3 years in the youth league including the shotgun in the 3rd grade. It runs kids off so I hope we can get a flexible system in place for the kids so at least the verbiage is the same every year instead of learning something new every year.

3. Fans are going to have to realize that whoever gets the job has a top 5-10 toughest schedule in the state facing him. The key will be too improve every week and hit our stride going into the playoffs IMO.

4. This years JR class only had around 6 or so kids in it. Some aren't making grades, some are getting put into alternative school etc. I am challenging those guys right now to take pride in yourself and what it stands for to wear LC on your shirt. Be leaders and role models instead of choosing the wrong path. You have the choice sitting right in front of you to take over and be leaders this off season. I don't care what your past is the choice is right there! Accept the challenge! Along with that I think there has to be a push to get as many kids involved in the program as possible.

I've said a lot I wanted and probably some I shouldn't have said but in the end there is nobody that cares anymore about our program than I do. I was kind of surprised what I moved away from and back home into. We have got to stop this division in our schools, our sports programs etc and get this place back to being one of the most special places I've ever been. I honestly think the only way we can do it is by sticking together! I've watched my little sister get robbed of the high school experience I had and I don't want to see our kids here now do the same. The thing that kills me is all the different people that talk negative about our program but don't lift a finger for it. If all those folks with so much passion would join the QB club, help with the youth league etc then we would be a lot closer to having solutions instead of more problems. I said it before that your character comes out when times are tough but if you can battle through those times it makes the destination even more special. That's what makes football so great! It is so much like real life! The best wins I've ever had at LC were when the other team had the ball and just had to kneel on it. Instead we throw the kid out of bounds, block the punt an hit a 50 yd hook and lateral with 2 seconds left on the clock. Breaking a 42 game win streak. Winning in 2bl OT as 40 underdogs to a team that waxed us at home even though we didn't have our starting QB when we won. Every single one of those moments we had to battle through adversity, we had to stick together and lean on each other. We had to communicate, have a vision, believe in ourselves our coaches and our fans! This time is no different! We've got to stick together, have a vision, believe in ourselves, our kids, our coaches, our fans and our whole community!

Good luck to whoever the new coach is! You will have my support 100% in some form or fashion! It might be beside you, in the youth league, QB club or whatever but you will have my support! We've got some outstanding kids and I hope they stick together and believe!

Stick

Thanks Stick!!!!

 

This is what the Lawrence County program needs to hear IMO.

The perception from outsiders reading this thread should be really interesting. You have people that have never played football, parents, out of starters all throwing out there what is going on but some of it just isn't true. I've held off on posting in this thread but the more I thought about it the more I think it would be good to give a reality check. I played on the teams in the early 90's that laid the foundation for this program under Coach Goldsmith and Chuke came in my Sr year. I've had broken bones, stitches, surgery etc all for laying my body on the line for this program. The days of building this program was like no other feeling I've ever had! The pride in our town was 2nd to none. We went 11-0 my Soph year, first final 4 my Junior year (lost by 3 too Mayfield) and undefeated in District my Sr year only to lost to a great Pburg team after we went 11-2. I was fortunate (and forever grateful) that Chuke gave me a summer job and got me into the door of coaching. I gave up a couple of summers and drove back on Friday nights to help out. I coached WR's and was blessed to have guys like Gerad Parker, Spencer Harriss and Matt Peterson. Playing and coaching I was a part of 2 final fours and most of the best wins ever at Lawrence County (Russell double OT, Mason Co 3yd line to win Region, Raceland game that started the snowball effect, Breathitts win streak coming to an end, Flemming hook+lateral play etc).

There was always a bad taste left for me because we were so close to playing on the carpet but just kept coming up short. I felt like the biggest reasons were 2 fold. One we never had a kicking game and two we couldn't throw the ball when teams packed it in on us. I made it my goal to go out and learn as much as I could about the passing game. I got a head coaching job at a middle school in Oldham County right out of college and we went to the Mid Bluegrass Championship my first year there (3 back power team). We had success the whole time I was there then I moved up to the high school to start a new program. On the side I made it a mission to learn as much as I could especially in the passing game. I've flown to Dallas, Minn, driven to Chicago, Notre Dame etc to keep learning so one day I could come back to Louisa and try to get us over the top. While I was in Louisville my childhood buddy Morgan Cyrus and I decided that we wanted to do everything we could to try to help the youth at LC have a chance to live the experiences we had. We got almost 20 old players back that played at LC in the past and started a youth camp. Every single guy I called jumped on the chance to come back and help and they all did it for free. Most are working, in school, have kids etc but they know what the program means to the young men in Lousia. We had close to 45 kids the first year and this past year the number was up over 80. The cost of the camp is cheap so we can get as many kids involved as possible and the money goes right back to the youth league to get them off to a solid start. They even started a cheerleading camp to go with it. While I was in Oldham Co I followed Coach Sphire for about 5 years (clinics, observing Lex Cath games etc). When Coach McPeek got the job at LC we tried like crazy to get back but couldn't find my wife a job. We ended up moving to Lexington after we had our little girl and I got an interview at Lex Cath. That year working with Coach Sphire, Coach Letton and that whole staff was out of this world. I had never been around so much organization, so many great coaches that had the freedom to be able to focus on their specific positions everyday etc. The run we had there was a dream and it was even more special that Justin Burke's mom was a Louisa girl:) Finally I got the experience of winning a state champion sip but there was still a part of me that felt like the void would never be totally filled until we did it at home. When we found out we were having our little boy I decided to switch jobs and with the help of God the center of my territory was LOUISA! While I was in training I got a call to see if I wanted to take over the offensive coordinator's job at LC. A DREAM COME TRUE!!!

I knew a lot of folks in Louisa didn't know what the forward pass was and I knew there was going to be a lot of heat with position battles. I didn't get moved down until June so that made things pretty tough but I knew we had a great group of kids. We had an awesome summer and felt like we were going to get things rolling this year. I think there were multiple reasons we didn't achieve success this year. Some I will share and some I will keep to myself. In short I think the blame can be put in every single direction. Our schedule for a team that is rebuilding is crazy and the fans are going to have to realize that whoever gets the job faces the same schedule next year minus Coal Grove. The coaches have taken incredible shots this year and some of it is flat out sad. I'm an honest person and I can say that after reflecting back on the season there are several things I would have done different and it was a learning experience. I think there were several things that the coaches have to take blame for and learn from. The biggest thing I think is that we have GOT to start getting kids out of the hallways and playing. We were lucky to get kids like Cody, Timmy and Brad out but it's hard not to think what it would have been like if those guys would have been around for off season workouts and passing league stuff. When you start naming groups you run the risk of hurting feelings but in every group there are those that deserve some blame and those that have been outstanding.

I think coaches, players, parents, fans all need to take a look at what they can do better. I gave my spill on the coaches now I'll go to some of the parents. The majority have bent over back wards and supported our program to the max. Unfortunately there have been a couple that crossed the line this year. Coach Goldsmith BUILT the LC program. He loves his players and everything associated with the program. I can't tell you the number of times he has driven a kid 45minutes out after practice because that's the only way that kid is going to be able to play. Week after week he took kids to places like Cumberland and Campbellsville on recruiting visits even though we got waxed the night before. Then he has a couple of parents that dog cuss him and his family until a fly wouldn't land on him. Inexcusable! There are multiple examples but I'll spare it.

Like I said when you are naming groups you have those that deserve to be called out and those that are on the opposite end of the spectrum and should be praised. The thing that made me the most proud of our kids is that they has adversity slung in their face every single week. Playing top 5 teams in the state week in week out, 10+ injuries to guys that started or played a lot, 6 Sophs and a Freshman on the field at times etc. 99% of those guys never one time pointed the finger of blame at each other. They learned what it was like to get your character tested in tough times and how to fight through them to become stronger young men. For that I think they will always have something to reflect back on in the though times down the road. I think whoever comes in has got to get the kids to sell out that this is the ultimate team game. We had a lot of times that kids would take off a play and that killed us. We had times that kids that didn't get the ball wouldn't block. Film doesn't lie and honestly I think those kids would tell you. Little things add up and we've got to get that attitude. To me attitude is everything. I've been a part of a team like this one, been a part of a new high school program, won a state championship. The difference between those teams is their attitude. You don't go into games hoping to win, you go in expecting to win and that is the attitude we have to embrace!

The last group I'm going to cover is the fans. I've laid it on the line and thrown myself out there because I LOVE our KIDS, our PROGRAM, and our COMMUNITY! With that being said it wasn't even 4 games into the season that some drunk caught me coming off the field ready to fight because I hadn't played so and so. I asked him if he knew when so and so got hurt and he said "I didn't know he was hurt". Being a fan means you can be an armchair QB. I do it when I watch UK etc. The bottom line is unless you have watched film, been in workouts, been at practice, know who is hurt, know who knows what's going on etc then you don't have a clue why things are being done the way they are done. This is were a lot of LC fans are going to have to grow up. The officials had to stop a game at home this year because our fans were cussing one of our players so bad! INEXCUSABLE!!!! It's real simple..... you are with us or you aren't!!!!! Don't say you are with us then go post on a message board should the coach be gone the night before we play the #2 team in the state (that happened this year). I will never forget playing at Russell and winning in double overtime. Our fans came out in the mud tackling us because they were so excited. I'll never forget Dwayne stuck on the goal post as it was being broken down after the Breathitt game. I'll never forget eating Thanksgiving dinner, going through walk through then getting on the bus to go to Mayfield. There were cars parked on both sides of the road with fans video taping and little kids on their shoulders for miles all the way to the Power Plant. I'll never forget shaving coaches head on the stage after winning the potato festival game and singing "Don't give me no lines and keep your hands to yourselves" to our crowd that came down to watch. We have some amazing fans but I encourage you that if some are out of line to let them know. Those great times all came while we were winning but your true character comes out when you are losing. You find out what you are made of and who you are. The great thing is that when you stick together (which is what we have to do and my whole point) and you come out that other side then it makes getting back on top that much more special!

A few things on the new coaching job. 1: There are supposed to be job cuts (we all know what kind of shape our schools have been in) so that is going to be really tough on this coach. It's going to be hard to bring much more of a staff in and supposedly they are cutting paid assistants jobs down some.

2. Whatever system the new coach runs needs to be embraced by the fans. The belly is an awesome series but not the only series. We ran it the 3 years before I got here and averaged about 3 wins a season. It isn't the cure all. If this coach runs it then GREAT! Support it! If it's the spread then GREAT there are multiple teams in the state championship again this year that runs the spread. If it's the 3 back power then great! We've been to the final four before running the 3 back power. My philosophy was that we never made it to state with a bunch of D1 kids running the belly alone without a kicking game so I wanted to be more versatile especially since we are playing a lot better competition now. Some don't agree and that's totally fine but support whatever system is run. You have to realize it takes some time to develop a new system (last year we didn't even have an off season, had 1 int all year and didn't kick a single FG). We also never sold out to what we were doing which can't happen. It's been posted on here that we ran the belly in the 80's but that's not true. Chuke brought it in 92 my SR year. It's also said that our youth run it but that is false. Almost all youth programs are some sort of power (Russell WingT etc). Nobody in the youth league runs the belly read. Our 8th grade last year ran the spread and only lost 1 game. If I'm around at all I really hope to sit down and work with the youth league guys (we have some good one's) on developing a plan to work on fundamentals across the board every practice so we have a checks and balances. I also have witnessed my nephew go through 3 different systems in 3 years in the youth league including the shotgun in the 3rd grade. It runs kids off so I hope we can get a flexible system in place for the kids so at least the verbiage is the same every year instead of learning something new every year.

3. Fans are going to have to realize that whoever gets the job has a top 5-10 toughest schedule in the state facing him. The key will be too improve every week and hit our stride going into the playoffs IMO.

4. This years JR class only had around 6 or so kids in it. Some aren't making grades, some are getting put into alternative school etc. I am challenging those guys right now to take pride in yourself and what it stands for to wear LC on your shirt. Be leaders and role models instead of choosing the wrong path. You have the choice sitting right in front of you to take over and be leaders this off season. I don't care what your past is the choice is right there! Accept the challenge! Along with that I think there has to be a push to get as many kids involved in the program as possible.

I've said a lot I wanted and probably some I shouldn't have said but in the end there is nobody that cares anymore about our program than I do. I was kind of surprised what I moved away from and back home into. We have got to stop this division in our schools, our sports programs etc and get this place back to being one of the most special places I've ever been. I honestly think the only way we can do it is by sticking together! I've watched my little sister get robbed of the high school experience I had and I don't want to see our kids here now do the same. The thing that kills me is all the different people that talk negative about our program but don't lift a finger for it. If all those folks with so much passion would join the QB club, help with the youth league etc then we would be a lot closer to having solutions instead of more problems. I said it before that your character comes out when times are tough but if you can battle through those times it makes the destination even more special. That's what makes football so great! It is so much like real life! The best wins I've ever had at LC were when the other team had the ball and just had to kneel on it. Instead we throw the kid out of bounds, block the punt an hit a 50 yd hook and lateral with 2 seconds left on the clock. Breaking a 42 game win streak. Winning in 2bl OT as 40 underdogs to a team that waxed us at home even though we didn't have our starting QB when we won. Every single one of those moments we had to battle through adversity, we had to stick together and lean on each other. We had to communicate, have a vision, believe in ourselves our coaches and our fans! This time is no different! We've got to stick together, have a vision, believe in ourselves, our kids, our coaches, our fans and our whole community!

Good luck to whoever the new coach is! You will have my support 100% in some form or fashion! It might be beside you, in the youth league, QB club or whatever but you will have my support! We've got some outstanding kids and I hope they stick together and believe!

Stick

 

:thumb:

 

Now step back and breathe :lol::lol:

Trust me I'm still holding a lot back! We need a new field, more $$, things to honor past teams/players, use our college resources to work on things like field goal kicking etc. I've got a lot of ideas on things that I think will improve our program.

Once again I will say that there are people in our community like Stick that understand that wins and losses are just one SMALL way of measuring success. The enjoyment of the game and most importantly the life lessons these young men walk away with are the real measuring sticks of any program!

 

Thank you Stick for what you and your family have had to endure this season and I would be happy to have my son play for you some day!

The perception from outsiders reading this thread should be really interesting. You have people that have never played football, parents, out of starters all throwing out there what is going on but some of it just isn't true. I've held off on posting in this thread but the more I thought about it the more I think it would be good to give a reality check. I played on the teams in the early 90's that laid the foundation for this program under Coach Goldsmith and Chuke came in my Sr year. I've had broken bones, stitches, surgery etc all for laying my body on the line for this program. The days of building this program was like no other feeling I've ever had! The pride in our town was 2nd to none. We went 11-0 my Soph year, first final 4 my Junior year (lost by 3 too Mayfield) and undefeated in District my Sr year only to lost to a great Pburg team after we went 11-2. I was fortunate (and forever grateful) that Chuke gave me a summer job and got me into the door of coaching. I gave up a couple of summers and drove back on Friday nights to help out. I coached WR's and was blessed to have guys like Gerad Parker, Spencer Harriss and Matt Peterson. Playing and coaching I was a part of 2 final fours and most of the best wins ever at Lawrence County (Russell double OT, Mason Co 3yd line to win Region, Raceland game that started the snowball effect, Breathitts win streak coming to an end, Flemming hook+lateral play etc).

There was always a bad taste left for me because we were so close to playing on the carpet but just kept coming up short. I felt like the biggest reasons were 2 fold. One we never had a kicking game and two we couldn't throw the ball when teams packed it in on us. I made it my goal to go out and learn as much as I could about the passing game. I got a head coaching job at a middle school in Oldham County right out of college and we went to the Mid Bluegrass Championship my first year there (3 back power team). We had success the whole time I was there then I moved up to the high school to start a new program. On the side I made it a mission to learn as much as I could especially in the passing game. I've flown to Dallas, Minn, driven to Chicago, Notre Dame etc to keep learning so one day I could come back to Louisa and try to get us over the top. While I was in Louisville my childhood buddy Morgan Cyrus and I decided that we wanted to do everything we could to try to help the youth at LC have a chance to live the experiences we had. We got almost 20 old players back that played at LC in the past and started a youth camp. Every single guy I called jumped on the chance to come back and help and they all did it for free. Most are working, in school, have kids etc but they know what the program means to the young men in Lousia. We had close to 45 kids the first year and this past year the number was up over 80. The cost of the camp is cheap so we can get as many kids involved as possible and the money goes right back to the youth league to get them off to a solid start. They even started a cheerleading camp to go with it. While I was in Oldham Co I followed Coach Sphire for about 5 years (clinics, observing Lex Cath games etc). When Coach McPeek got the job at LC we tried like crazy to get back but couldn't find my wife a job. We ended up moving to Lexington after we had our little girl and I got an interview at Lex Cath. That year working with Coach Sphire, Coach Letton and that whole staff was out of this world. I had never been around so much organization, so many great coaches that had the freedom to be able to focus on their specific positions everyday etc. The run we had there was a dream and it was even more special that Justin Burke's mom was a Louisa girl:) Finally I got the experience of winning a state champion sip but there was still a part of me that felt like the void would never be totally filled until we did it at home. When we found out we were having our little boy I decided to switch jobs and with the help of God the center of my territory was LOUISA! While I was in training I got a call to see if I wanted to take over the offensive coordinator's job at LC. A DREAM COME TRUE!!!

I knew a lot of folks in Louisa didn't know what the forward pass was and I knew there was going to be a lot of heat with position battles. I didn't get moved down until June so that made things pretty tough but I knew we had a great group of kids. We had an awesome summer and felt like we were going to get things rolling this year. I think there were multiple reasons we didn't achieve success this year. Some I will share and some I will keep to myself. In short I think the blame can be put in every single direction. Our schedule for a team that is rebuilding is crazy and the fans are going to have to realize that whoever gets the job faces the same schedule next year minus Coal Grove. The coaches have taken incredible shots this year and some of it is flat out sad. I'm an honest person and I can say that after reflecting back on the season there are several things I would have done different and it was a learning experience. I think there were several things that the coaches have to take blame for and learn from. The biggest thing I think is that we have GOT to start getting kids out of the hallways and playing. We were lucky to get kids like Cody, Timmy and Brad out but it's hard not to think what it would have been like if those guys would have been around for off season workouts and passing league stuff. When you start naming groups you run the risk of hurting feelings but in every group there are those that deserve some blame and those that have been outstanding.

I think coaches, players, parents, fans all need to take a look at what they can do better. I gave my spill on the coaches now I'll go to some of the parents. The majority have bent over back wards and supported our program to the max. Unfortunately there have been a couple that crossed the line this year. Coach Goldsmith BUILT the LC program. He loves his players and everything associated with the program. I can't tell you the number of times he has driven a kid 45minutes out after practice because that's the only way that kid is going to be able to play. Week after week he took kids to places like Cumberland and Campbellsville on recruiting visits even though we got waxed the night before. Then he has a couple of parents that dog cuss him and his family until a fly wouldn't land on him. Inexcusable! There are multiple examples but I'll spare it.

Like I said when you are naming groups you have those that deserve to be called out and those that are on the opposite end of the spectrum and should be praised. The thing that made me the most proud of our kids is that they has adversity slung in their face every single week. Playing top 5 teams in the state week in week out, 10+ injuries to guys that started or played a lot, 6 Sophs and a Freshman on the field at times etc. 99% of those guys never one time pointed the finger of blame at each other. They learned what it was like to get your character tested in tough times and how to fight through them to become stronger young men. For that I think they will always have something to reflect back on in the though times down the road. I think whoever comes in has got to get the kids to sell out that this is the ultimate team game. We had a lot of times that kids would take off a play and that killed us. We had times that kids that didn't get the ball wouldn't block. Film doesn't lie and honestly I think those kids would tell you. Little things add up and we've got to get that attitude. To me attitude is everything. I've been a part of a team like this one, been a part of a new high school program, won a state championship. The difference between those teams is their attitude. You don't go into games hoping to win, you go in expecting to win and that is the attitude we have to embrace!

The last group I'm going to cover is the fans. I've laid it on the line and thrown myself out there because I LOVE our KIDS, our PROGRAM, and our COMMUNITY! With that being said it wasn't even 4 games into the season that some drunk caught me coming off the field ready to fight because I hadn't played so and so. I asked him if he knew when so and so got hurt and he said "I didn't know he was hurt". Being a fan means you can be an armchair QB. I do it when I watch UK etc. The bottom line is unless you have watched film, been in workouts, been at practice, know who is hurt, know who knows what's going on etc then you don't have a clue why things are being done the way they are done. This is were a lot of LC fans are going to have to grow up. The officials had to stop a game at home this year because our fans were cussing one of our players so bad! INEXCUSABLE!!!! It's real simple..... you are with us or you aren't!!!!! Don't say you are with us then go post on a message board should the coach be gone the night before we play the #2 team in the state (that happened this year). I will never forget playing at Russell and winning in double overtime. Our fans came out in the mud tackling us because they were so excited. I'll never forget Dwayne stuck on the goal post as it was being broken down after the Breathitt game. I'll never forget eating Thanksgiving dinner, going through walk through then getting on the bus to go to Mayfield. There were cars parked on both sides of the road with fans video taping and little kids on their shoulders for miles all the way to the Power Plant. I'll never forget shaving coaches head on the stage after winning the potato festival game and singing "Don't give me no lines and keep your hands to yourselves" to our crowd that came down to watch. We have some amazing fans but I encourage you that if some are out of line to let them know. Those great times all came while we were winning but your true character comes out when you are losing. You find out what you are made of and who you are. The great thing is that when you stick together (which is what we have to do and my whole point) and you come out that other side then it makes getting back on top that much more special!

A few things on the new coaching job. 1: There are supposed to be job cuts (we all know what kind of shape our schools have been in) so that is going to be really tough on this coach. It's going to be hard to bring much more of a staff in and supposedly they are cutting paid assistants jobs down some.

2. Whatever system the new coach runs needs to be embraced by the fans. The belly is an awesome series but not the only series. We ran it the 3 years before I got here and averaged about 3 wins a season. It isn't the cure all. If this coach runs it then GREAT! Support it! If it's the spread then GREAT there are multiple teams in the state championship again this year that runs the spread. If it's the 3 back power then great! We've been to the final four before running the 3 back power. My philosophy was that we never made it to state with a bunch of D1 kids running the belly alone without a kicking game so I wanted to be more versatile especially since we are playing a lot better competition now. Some don't agree and that's totally fine but support whatever system is run. You have to realize it takes some time to develop a new system (last year we didn't even have an off season, had 1 int all year and didn't kick a single FG). We also never sold out to what we were doing which can't happen. It's been posted on here that we ran the belly in the 80's but that's not true. Chuke brought it in 92 my SR year. It's also said that our youth run it but that is false. Almost all youth programs are some sort of power (Russell WingT etc). Nobody in the youth league runs the belly read. Our 8th grade last year ran the spread and only lost 1 game. If I'm around at all I really hope to sit down and work with the youth league guys (we have some good one's) on developing a plan to work on fundamentals across the board every practice so we have a checks and balances. I also have witnessed my nephew go through 3 different systems in 3 years in the youth league including the shotgun in the 3rd grade. It runs kids off so I hope we can get a flexible system in place for the kids so at least the verbiage is the same every year instead of learning something new every year.

3. Fans are going to have to realize that whoever gets the job has a top 5-10 toughest schedule in the state facing him. The key will be too improve every week and hit our stride going into the playoffs IMO.

4. This years JR class only had around 6 or so kids in it. Some aren't making grades, some are getting put into alternative school etc. I am challenging those guys right now to take pride in yourself and what it stands for to wear LC on your shirt. Be leaders and role models instead of choosing the wrong path. You have the choice sitting right in front of you to take over and be leaders this off season. I don't care what your past is the choice is right there! Accept the challenge! Along with that I think there has to be a push to get as many kids involved in the program as possible.

I've said a lot I wanted and probably some I shouldn't have said but in the end there is nobody that cares anymore about our program than I do. I was kind of surprised what I moved away from and back home into. We have got to stop this division in our schools, our sports programs etc and get this place back to being one of the most special places I've ever been. I honestly think the only way we can do it is by sticking together! I've watched my little sister get robbed of the high school experience I had and I don't want to see our kids here now do the same. The thing that kills me is all the different people that talk negative about our program but don't lift a finger for it. If all those folks with so much passion would join the QB club, help with the youth league etc then we would be a lot closer to having solutions instead of more problems. I said it before that your character comes out when times are tough but if you can battle through those times it makes the destination even more special. That's what makes football so great! It is so much like real life! The best wins I've ever had at LC were when the other team had the ball and just had to kneel on it. Instead we throw the kid out of bounds, block the punt an hit a 50 yd hook and lateral with 2 seconds left on the clock. Breaking a 42 game win streak. Winning in 2bl OT as 40 underdogs to a team that waxed us at home even though we didn't have our starting QB when we won. Every single one of those moments we had to battle through adversity, we had to stick together and lean on each other. We had to communicate, have a vision, believe in ourselves our coaches and our fans! This time is no different! We've got to stick together, have a vision, believe in ourselves, our kids, our coaches, our fans and our whole community!

Good luck to whoever the new coach is! You will have my support 100% in some form or fashion! It might be beside you, in the youth league, QB club or whatever but you will have my support! We've got some outstanding kids and I hope they stick together and believe!

Stick

 

Nice post Stick....

Great post Stick.

 

I know Stick1 and he loves LC Football more than anyone. He is also a great coach and like I've mentioned before, LC has a few coaches on staff right now that are more than capable of running this program if given the chance.

 

To add to some of his thoughts:

1. Just because the youth league runs the belly, power, or whatever doesn't mean the new coach should run it at the h.s. level. They YOUTH LEAGUE should run the offense that the new coach wants to implement at the h.s. level. Not the other way around.

 

2. Fundamentals. This is what the youth league is for. Not to show people how good of a coach the the team has or what great offense they run or how they would do things if they were the h.s. coach. TEACH FUNDAMENTALS PERIOD. You will do more good this way for the overall condition of the program than saying your 4th grade team went undefeated and then they get to h.s. and only win 3 games. ETC... I'm just using this as an example... because we all know this goes on, not just in Louisa.

 

3. Allow the new coach to have full control of the program from Flag-12th grade. That includes picking and training coaches at each level, fundamentals, practice schedules, offense and defense, etc...

 

4. The administration must support the program, put money into the program and make it important to the student body. Then interest will go up. Let the players do something special on friday like a team breakfast the 1st period of the day. Make kids want to be a part of the program. Pep rallys, where kids are publicly recognized in front of their peers, etc... The administration has the power to do a lot of special things if it choses.

 

5. Last but not least, Lawrence Co. fans and supporters, please do not let Coach Preece, Coach Dixon, and Coach Cecil get away from the program! These guys are great coaches, care about kids, and love LC Football.

The perception from outsiders reading this thread should be really interesting. You have people that have never played football, parents, out of starters all throwing out there what is going on but some of it just isn't true. I've held off on posting in this thread but the more I thought about it the more I think it would be good to give a reality check. I played on the teams in the early 90's that laid the foundation for this program under Coach Goldsmith and Chuke came in my Sr year. I've had broken bones, stitches, surgery etc all for laying my body on the line for this program. The days of building this program was like no other feeling I've ever had! The pride in our town was 2nd to none. We went 11-0 my Soph year, first final 4 my Junior year (lost by 3 too Mayfield) and undefeated in District my Sr year only to lost to a great Pburg team after we went 11-2. I was fortunate (and forever grateful) that Chuke gave me a summer job and got me into the door of coaching. I gave up a couple of summers and drove back on Friday nights to help out. I coached WR's and was blessed to have guys like Gerad Parker, Spencer Harriss and Matt Peterson. Playing and coaching I was a part of 2 final fours and most of the best wins ever at Lawrence County (Russell double OT, Mason Co 3yd line to win Region, Raceland game that started the snowball effect, Breathitts win streak coming to an end, Flemming hook+lateral play etc).

There was always a bad taste left for me because we were so close to playing on the carpet but just kept coming up short. I felt like the biggest reasons were 2 fold. One we never had a kicking game and two we couldn't throw the ball when teams packed it in on us. I made it my goal to go out and learn as much as I could about the passing game. I got a head coaching job at a middle school in Oldham County right out of college and we went to the Mid Bluegrass Championship my first year there (3 back power team). We had success the whole time I was there then I moved up to the high school to start a new program. On the side I made it a mission to learn as much as I could especially in the passing game. I've flown to Dallas, Minn, driven to Chicago, Notre Dame etc to keep learning so one day I could come back to Louisa and try to get us over the top. While I was in Louisville my childhood buddy Morgan Cyrus and I decided that we wanted to do everything we could to try to help the youth at LC have a chance to live the experiences we had. We got almost 20 old players back that played at LC in the past and started a youth camp. Every single guy I called jumped on the chance to come back and help and they all did it for free. Most are working, in school, have kids etc but they know what the program means to the young men in Lousia. We had close to 45 kids the first year and this past year the number was up over 80. The cost of the camp is cheap so we can get as many kids involved as possible and the money goes right back to the youth league to get them off to a solid start. They even started a cheerleading camp to go with it. While I was in Oldham Co I followed Coach Sphire for about 5 years (clinics, observing Lex Cath games etc). When Coach McPeek got the job at LC we tried like crazy to get back but couldn't find my wife a job. We ended up moving to Lexington after we had our little girl and I got an interview at Lex Cath. That year working with Coach Sphire, Coach Letton and that whole staff was out of this world. I had never been around so much organization, so many great coaches that had the freedom to be able to focus on their specific positions everyday etc. The run we had there was a dream and it was even more special that Justin Burke's mom was a Louisa girl:) Finally I got the experience of winning a state champion sip but there was still a part of me that felt like the void would never be totally filled until we did it at home. When we found out we were having our little boy I decided to switch jobs and with the help of God the center of my territory was LOUISA! While I was in training I got a call to see if I wanted to take over the offensive coordinator's job at LC. A DREAM COME TRUE!!!

I knew a lot of folks in Louisa didn't know what the forward pass was and I knew there was going to be a lot of heat with position battles. I didn't get moved down until June so that made things pretty tough but I knew we had a great group of kids. We had an awesome summer and felt like we were going to get things rolling this year. I think there were multiple reasons we didn't achieve success this year. Some I will share and some I will keep to myself. In short I think the blame can be put in every single direction. Our schedule for a team that is rebuilding is crazy and the fans are going to have to realize that whoever gets the job faces the same schedule next year minus Coal Grove. The coaches have taken incredible shots this year and some of it is flat out sad. I'm an honest person and I can say that after reflecting back on the season there are several things I would have done different and it was a learning experience. I think there were several things that the coaches have to take blame for and learn from. The biggest thing I think is that we have GOT to start getting kids out of the hallways and playing. We were lucky to get kids like Cody, Timmy and Brad out but it's hard not to think what it would have been like if those guys would have been around for off season workouts and passing league stuff. When you start naming groups you run the risk of hurting feelings but in every group there are those that deserve some blame and those that have been outstanding.

I think coaches, players, parents, fans all need to take a look at what they can do better. I gave my spill on the coaches now I'll go to some of the parents. The majority have bent over back wards and supported our program to the max. Unfortunately there have been a couple that crossed the line this year. Coach Goldsmith BUILT the LC program. He loves his players and everything associated with the program. I can't tell you the number of times he has driven a kid 45minutes out after practice because that's the only way that kid is going to be able to play. Week after week he took kids to places like Cumberland and Campbellsville on recruiting visits even though we got waxed the night before. Then he has a couple of parents that dog cuss him and his family until a fly wouldn't land on him. Inexcusable! There are multiple examples but I'll spare it.

Like I said when you are naming groups you have those that deserve to be called out and those that are on the opposite end of the spectrum and should be praised. The thing that made me the most proud of our kids is that they has adversity slung in their face every single week. Playing top 5 teams in the state week in week out, 10+ injuries to guys that started or played a lot, 6 Sophs and a Freshman on the field at times etc. 99% of those guys never one time pointed the finger of blame at each other. They learned what it was like to get your character tested in tough times and how to fight through them to become stronger young men. For that I think they will always have something to reflect back on in the though times down the road. I think whoever comes in has got to get the kids to sell out that this is the ultimate team game. We had a lot of times that kids would take off a play and that killed us. We had times that kids that didn't get the ball wouldn't block. Film doesn't lie and honestly I think those kids would tell you. Little things add up and we've got to get that attitude. To me attitude is everything. I've been a part of a team like this one, been a part of a new high school program, won a state championship. The difference between those teams is their attitude. You don't go into games hoping to win, you go in expecting to win and that is the attitude we have to embrace!

The last group I'm going to cover is the fans. I've laid it on the line and thrown myself out there because I LOVE our KIDS, our PROGRAM, and our COMMUNITY! With that being said it wasn't even 4 games into the season that some drunk caught me coming off the field ready to fight because I hadn't played so and so. I asked him if he knew when so and so got hurt and he said "I didn't know he was hurt". Being a fan means you can be an armchair QB. I do it when I watch UK etc. The bottom line is unless you have watched film, been in workouts, been at practice, know who is hurt, know who knows what's going on etc then you don't have a clue why things are being done the way they are done. This is were a lot of LC fans are going to have to grow up. The officials had to stop a game at home this year because our fans were cussing one of our players so bad! INEXCUSABLE!!!! It's real simple..... you are with us or you aren't!!!!! Don't say you are with us then go post on a message board should the coach be gone the night before we play the #2 team in the state (that happened this year). I will never forget playing at Russell and winning in double overtime. Our fans came out in the mud tackling us because they were so excited. I'll never forget Dwayne stuck on the goal post as it was being broken down after the Breathitt game. I'll never forget eating Thanksgiving dinner, going through walk through then getting on the bus to go to Mayfield. There were cars parked on both sides of the road with fans video taping and little kids on their shoulders for miles all the way to the Power Plant. I'll never forget shaving coaches head on the stage after winning the potato festival game and singing "Don't give me no lines and keep your hands to yourselves" to our crowd that came down to watch. We have some amazing fans but I encourage you that if some are out of line to let them know. Those great times all came while we were winning but your true character comes out when you are losing. You find out what you are made of and who you are. The great thing is that when you stick together (which is what we have to do and my whole point) and you come out that other side then it makes getting back on top that much more special!

A few things on the new coaching job. 1: There are supposed to be job cuts (we all know what kind of shape our schools have been in) so that is going to be really tough on this coach. It's going to be hard to bring much more of a staff in and supposedly they are cutting paid assistants jobs down some.

2. Whatever system the new coach runs needs to be embraced by the fans. The belly is an awesome series but not the only series. We ran it the 3 years before I got here and averaged about 3 wins a season. It isn't the cure all. If this coach runs it then GREAT! Support it! If it's the spread then GREAT there are multiple teams in the state championship again this year that runs the spread. If it's the 3 back power then great! We've been to the final four before running the 3 back power. My philosophy was that we never made it to state with a bunch of D1 kids running the belly alone without a kicking game so I wanted to be more versatile especially since we are playing a lot better competition now. Some don't agree and that's totally fine but support whatever system is run. You have to realize it takes some time to develop a new system (last year we didn't even have an off season, had 1 int all year and didn't kick a single FG). We also never sold out to what we were doing which can't happen. It's been posted on here that we ran the belly in the 80's but that's not true. Chuke brought it in 92 my SR year. It's also said that our youth run it but that is false. Almost all youth programs are some sort of power (Russell WingT etc). Nobody in the youth league runs the belly read. Our 8th grade last year ran the spread and only lost 1 game. If I'm around at all I really hope to sit down and work with the youth league guys (we have some good one's) on developing a plan to work on fundamentals across the board every practice so we have a checks and balances. I also have witnessed my nephew go through 3 different systems in 3 years in the youth league including the shotgun in the 3rd grade. It runs kids off so I hope we can get a flexible system in place for the kids so at least the verbiage is the same every year instead of learning something new every year.

3. Fans are going to have to realize that whoever gets the job has a top 5-10 toughest schedule in the state facing him. The key will be too improve every week and hit our stride going into the playoffs IMO.

4. This years JR class only had around 6 or so kids in it. Some aren't making grades, some are getting put into alternative school etc. I am challenging those guys right now to take pride in yourself and what it stands for to wear LC on your shirt. Be leaders and role models instead of choosing the wrong path. You have the choice sitting right in front of you to take over and be leaders this off season. I don't care what your past is the choice is right there! Accept the challenge! Along with that I think there has to be a push to get as many kids involved in the program as possible.

I've said a lot I wanted and probably some I shouldn't have said but in the end there is nobody that cares anymore about our program than I do. I was kind of surprised what I moved away from and back home into. We have got to stop this division in our schools, our sports programs etc and get this place back to being one of the most special places I've ever been. I honestly think the only way we can do it is by sticking together! I've watched my little sister get robbed of the high school experience I had and I don't want to see our kids here now do the same. The thing that kills me is all the different people that talk negative about our program but don't lift a finger for it. If all those folks with so much passion would join the QB club, help with the youth league etc then we would be a lot closer to having solutions instead of more problems. I said it before that your character comes out when times are tough but if you can battle through those times it makes the destination even more special. That's what makes football so great! It is so much like real life! The best wins I've ever had at LC were when the other team had the ball and just had to kneel on it. Instead we throw the kid out of bounds, block the punt an hit a 50 yd hook and lateral with 2 seconds left on the clock. Breaking a 42 game win streak. Winning in 2bl OT as 40 underdogs to a team that waxed us at home even though we didn't have our starting QB when we won. Every single one of those moments we had to battle through adversity, we had to stick together and lean on each other. We had to communicate, have a vision, believe in ourselves our coaches and our fans! This time is no different! We've got to stick together, have a vision, believe in ourselves, our kids, our coaches, our fans and our whole community!

Good luck to whoever the new coach is! You will have my support 100% in some form or fashion! It might be beside you, in the youth league, QB club or whatever but you will have my support! We've got some outstanding kids and I hope they stick together and believe!

Stick

 

Absolutely Great Post Stick!! Spoken by a man that obvoiously has a love for the LCHS program and community and one that remembers the pride and tradition at LCHS. IMO a football program takes hard work, blood, sweat and tears plus everyone working together FOR THE KIDS. Stick I can tell that you are that type and it is you and others like you that will bring the program at LC back to where the community wants t see it. LC fans, I am an outsider and do not have a "dog in the fight" so to speak but I have a lot of respect for te Bulldog program and tradition and will just say that negativity breeds negativity. ALL need to work together and be positive, especially towards the kids. I didn't mean to get on my soap box at all just want to give a 5 :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: to Stick1! Again, great post Stick..imo it is attitudes like yours that will bring LC football back to the top.

Good luck to LCHS (unless we (Raceland) play you again in the future:D) - I will wish you good luck in all but that game :D:thumb:.

I have always wanted to have a concrete statue of Luke Varney up as soon as you walk into the field. Also, put up a billboard in the corner of the end zone of district championship years, regional championship years and state championships. LC hasnt won a state title but not having a year on that board would be a constant motivator and reminder. We desperately need a new field.

Article today on Coach Goldsmith: http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_339232836.html

 

I would like to take the opportunity as a former player to say thank you to Coach Goldsmith. I don't know if he really knows the impact he has had on so many lives around Lawrence County. The guys I played with loved him as much as life and he brought out in us things we didn't know we had in us. The battles we faught together, the magical memories we were able to share in the early 90's will live on forever. I know personally I have dealt with quite a bit of adversity in my life from losing an uncle that was like a brother to cancer, losing a baby and so on. In the tough times I always knew that if I would continue to fight through things that I would come out a stronger person and those were lessons I learned from being a Lawrence County Bulldog under Coach Goldsmith! We won a lot of great games that nobody expected us to do. At times we felt like we shocked the state and the more our backs were against the wall the more we came together. Those lessons learned prepared a lot of us to reach for dreams that we might not have thought were possible because we had learned at an early age that we put boundries on ourselves. We learned that you can achieve dreams if you have a plan and are willing to pay the price. The bond we shared as a team is as strong today as it ever was.

To be able to come back and coach with the man you went to battle for was a dream come true. It's sure not the way I wanted to send you out but I can't tell you what it meant to be able to spend a year by your side! I love you buddy and thanks for the opportunities and memories!

 

I'd also like to wish Boone the best of luck. There has never been a young man put on a Bulldog uniform that had to deal with the things he dealt with. Through it all he would tell me time after time how much he loved our fans and our program. God has blessed you with some great physical ability. Your hard work has given you the opportunity to do some special things. I hope you continue to pay the price to achieve greatness! I'm proud of your attitude and the young man you have become!

Best of luck to the whole family. You will be missed and always have a home in Louisa!

Stick1, I have always liked Coach Goldsmith, and I hate see him go. We, at Raceland have always had a good relationship with Coach Goldsmith, I wish him luck, no matter what he ends up doing.

 

By the way did you see the stats on the box score page of the independent, it had all the scores for all the games that Goldsmith coached in at LC. My favorite was my senior year, it was a heck of a game, that I had all but forgotten until I saw the score, and I sat and stared at the score for a while and started reminiscing.

Raceland 35

LC 34

Stick1, I have always liked Coach Goldsmith, and I hate see him go. We, at Raceland have always had a good relationship with Coach Goldsmith, I wish him luck, no matter what he ends up doing.

 

By the way did you see the stats on the box score page of the independent, it had all the scores for all the games that Goldsmith coached in at LC. My favorite was my senior year, it was a heck of a game, that I had all but forgotten until I saw the score, and I sat and stared at the score for a while and started reminiscing.

Raceland 35

LC 34

 

I remember that game very well as I do all of the LC-Raceland games when Goldsmith coached.

Another one I remember was :

Raceland 3

LC 0

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.