Lawrence County Head Coaching Position Officially Open!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this is not true. Goldsmith is a great coach.

If it is true, then the school needs to give assistant coach Ed Dixon, some serious consideration to become the next head coach. He has been in the system for many years and been through the good times and bad times and is young and eager for a chance to become a head coach. He does a great job with the kids and deserves a chance at the job.:thumb:

I dont think the majority of the problem were his coaching but the way certain things were ran. I have known about this for a while and just refused to post it but now that its out and in the open I dont care to comment on it. I think an external hire is the best thing for LC right at this point. I have heard some very interesting names possibly being interested in the job and no Chuke isnt coming back. LOL :D

A candidate that I wouldn't mind see get the position is one of our own homeboys Morgan Cyrus. Morgan has ran our youth league football programs for years and has always put a winning product on the field. Morgan came in this last part of the year to try to help with the linebackers and I have seen improvement in that area. With Cyrus at the helm you will see a lot of high school boys that had not played this year back out on the field.the players from the 90's who are now coaching at other schools will want to come back to Lawrence County as assistant coaches. I think that coming from Lawrence County you have that loyalty factor to see the program back the way it was in the 90's. I know he has limited high school experience as a coach, but he will make up for that in the drive he has to make Lawrence County a powerhouse again. GO DAWGS!!!!

I dont think the majority of the problem were his coaching but the way certain things were ran. I have known about this for a while and just refused to post it but now that its out and in the open I dont care to comment on it. I think an external hire is the best thing for LC right at this point. I have heard some very interesting names possibly being interested in the job and no Chuke isnt coming back. LOL :D

I agree. I believe an external hire would be the best way to go if LC and Goldsmith do indeed part ways.

Being a youth league head coach and being a high school head coach are two totally different worlds. Being good at the youth level doesn't necessarily make you qualified or mean you'll be a good head coach at the varsity level. Does he even work in the school system? I would think they would want to hire someone who works in the system or someone they could hire into the school system.

I agree. I believe an external hire would be the best way to go if LC and Goldsmith do indeed part ways.

I agree here. An external hire is the best move. This is the one chance for LC to take a great step forward and re-dedicate the football program or take a HUGE step back with a bad and unpopular hire. We shall see what happens.

I hope this is not true. Goldsmith is a great coach.

If it is true, then the school needs to give assistant coach Ed Dixon, some serious consideration to become the next head coach. He has been in the system for many years and been through the good times and bad times and is young and eager for a chance to become a head coach. He does a great job with the kids and deserves a chance at the job.:thumb:

Just an aside - I don't want you to announce it on here or anything, but if Ed Dixon happens to be a BGP member, shoot me a PM. Ed's is an old friend that I would like to make contact with.

That I am not sure of. Would he be interested in the job? What kind of system would he bring in?

Lemaster was on the staff under Goldsmith in his first tenure at LC along with Chuke Williams. Lemaster has been out of coaching for 3-4 years and I dont think he has plans of coaching again. I dont think that Lemaster had one specific offensive scheme he used, just what fit his teams strengths. He was primilary run oriented but back in 2002 when Paintsville made its run to the State Semi's, Paintsville was more of a passing team, still though no spread-wide open offense.