Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence County Head Coaching Position Officially Open!

Featured Replies

I personally, would like to see someone from outside the program get the job. If we hire someone from within the program then the same things are going to go on. Don't get me wrong, they all seem like nice guys, but I'm a nice guy, and I can't run a winning football program either. Some will say that the current assistants may have been afraid to suggest changes but that only strengthens my point. All the coaches at Lawrence Co, are good guys and I appreciate the time and effort they have put into the program, but it is time for a new direction.

  • Replies 248
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say offer the job to a former Pikeville head coach who I believe is in Breathitt County right now.

I think Ram might be the right guy for the job if he is willing to change his BGP name to "Bulldog." :lol: :thumb:

 

In all seriousness I hope LC gets things on track. They were always a powerhouse in NeKY and I would love to see them that way again. If the people from LC here think somone from outside should come in then I would tend to agree with them. Sometimes it's best for a team if someone without any opponents or allies takes over a program where politics has plagued several seasons.

 

Good luck to Lawrence County! I hope to see Bulldogs biting the competition against soon and I will be watching this coaching search with much interest.

Where is Chuck coaching now?

  • Author

The last thing I heard about Chuke Williams was he was in Paintsville but not coaching...

I sincerely dont see Chuke coming back. Heck, I dont see the possibility of him even considering it.

Where is Chuck coaching now?

 

Chuke came back to Paintsville during the 2005 football season. He took a job on the Paintsville coaching staff as an assistant. All plans where for him to come in and be an offensive coordinator for the that season under Head Coach David Lemasters and then take over the Head Coaching position in 2006 after Lemasters retired. My understanding is he sort of "cut some throats" along the way and thus Jim Tom Allen is coaching the Paintville Tigers, not Chuke Williams. I couldnt see him lasting in Paintsville anyway. But to my knowledge he still lives in Paintsville.

From what I have been told is that since this story has broke it has been a wave of gossip all over the state. Kinda interesting if you ask me.

From what I have been told is that since this story has broke it has been a wave of gossip all over the state. Kinda interesting if you ask me.

 

Lawrence Co. carries a long and proud tradition. When it is heard that they are looking for a new coach, its going to gather alot of attention. Everyone is wondering could this be the coach to get the program back on track? Who will they look at and who will be interested? Needless to say I am very interested as to who will be the next coach because the talent is still there, maybe not as abundant as it was in the late 80's through the 90's, but the right coach could get this turned around and quickly I believe.

Lawrence Co. carries a long and proud tradition. When it is heard that they are looking for a new coach, its going to gather alot of attention. Everyone is wondering could this be the coach to get the program back on track? Who will they look at and who will be interested? Needless to say I am very interested as to who will be the next coach because the talent is still there, maybe not as abundant as it was in the late 80's through the 90's, but the right coach could get this turned around and quickly I believe.

 

I agree. I think the talent is there and the feeder programs are in GREAT shape right now. I think if the right coach is hired and the program wants to take the right steps then LC could be up and running as a mountain power in no time. Just have to wait and see and stayed tuned to see what happens.

 

I am in Johnson County 5 days a week and people that know me know that I am from Lawrence County have asked me everyday this week what I am hearing, thats the interesting part LOL:lol:

I think Ram might be the right guy for the job if he is willing to change his BGP name to "Bulldog." :lol: :thumb:

 

I was thinking about it, but Guru would not let me change my user name, so I guess I will have to stay at Raceland.

I think Ram might be the right guy for the job if he is willing to change his BGP name to "Bulldog." :lol: :thumb:

 

In all seriousness I hope LC gets things on track. They were always a powerhouse in NeKY and I would love to see them that way again. If the people from LC here think somone from outside should come in then I would tend to agree with them. Sometimes it's best for a team if someone without any opponents or allies takes over a program where politics has plagued several seasons.

 

Good luck to Lawrence County! I hope to see Bulldogs biting the competition against soon and I will be watching this coaching search with much interest.

 

1.) Nope, Ram has a a life contract at Raceland, with the way he has developed talent in the JFLgroup/ age and brought them up ..............he goes nowhere.

 

2.) I agree with having interest in watching the coaching search at Lawrence, I have a world of respect for that program and have developed some very good "bgp" friends from Bulldog Country.

 

One thing as an outsider tht I would say is that no matter who the new coach is that maybe the people can leave him alone and let him coach his team.

Be a great fan...Yes, support the program and all the coaches. Some people maybe don't think that the kids hear them when the are talking about the coaches and program but I can assure you that they do. A kid does not need to hear constant negatives about his coach/school/team. That is jmo as an outsider to this situation and to say that ALL schoos have "those" fans. They may think that they are helping and supporting the program but they are not at all, if anything they are hurting it more.

Again, I am not calling out anyone personally on this thread. I don't know who you (LCHS fans on bgp) are except for a couple and I don't have anything personal against any LC fan. This is just an observation and speaking from experience/knowlege at other places in other similar situations. Negativity breeds Negativity.

Good Luck to LCHS in finding and supporting a quality football coach.:thumb:

I was thinking about it, but Guru would not let me change my user name, so I guess I will have to stay at Raceland.

 

:thumb:Check out my rule #1 in my post above............the Rambler has spoken... and I have seniority on you down here. :D

:thumb:Check out my rule #1 in my post above............the Rambler has spoken... and I have seniority on you down here. :D

 

Membership has it's privileges, and I am definitely a Raceland member. As for the seniority, yes you do.:D

What are some names that should be thrown out as a great fit for the job?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.