Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

lawrencefan

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by lawrencefan

  1. Here's hoping Boone Goldsmith and his new team have a super year! From all your friends in Louisa!
  2. From what I've seen of Lawrence Co this year, then NL is in trouble. I predict Chandler Shepherd will pick them to pieces through the air and on the ground. Dawgs 28 to 14.
  3. A good yr would be .500.
  4. Did not see the Fitchpatrick kid, or that big Montgomery kid play, are they hurt?
  5. I do not want to see Billy leave. He is hardworking and dedicated, all the boys like him. He puts in alot of extra time and expense hauling kids home from practise, not to mention the time and effort put in by his wife and daughter. They are a super group. My #1 priority as the father of a player(s), would be to find anyone who would play the most qualified person at each position regardless of parental strings being pulled. We have reached a state of affairs where we have some really good athletes who are not participating because they see how unfairly they are treated. If you are a kid from Webbville, or Blaine then you have two strikes against you from the get go. I am not just referring to football either. The current system weeds out boys in middle school without seeing how they will physically mature. We need to keep our young kids playing as long as we can in all sports.
  6. I personally, would like to see someone from outside the program get the job. If we hire someone from within the program then the same things are going to go on. Don't get me wrong, they all seem like nice guys, but I'm a nice guy, and I can't run a winning football program either. Some will say that the current assistants may have been afraid to suggest changes but that only strengthens my point. All the coaches at Lawrence Co, are good guys and I appreciate the time and effort they have put into the program, but it is time for a new direction.
  7. From what I recall, it wasn't all about the money. There were some powerful elements here who wanted him out. What were those reasons? Local politics? Personality clashes? Lawrence Co Football has never been better before or since he left.
  8. Our program has been going down since McPeek was here. I am curious, what is everyone's problem with Chuke Williams? Too many wins? What?
  9. I just hope we don't get much more banged up in the next couple of weeks so we will be ready for the playoffs. Boone should be ready to go again, and Chandler did a fine job against GC. Just play hard and have fun. Breathitt County has a great team, with great tradition and it is an interesting place to play. Hope the fog stays off the field.
  10. Dawgs could win this one, or they could lose. I would hate to be a handicapper on this one. As a fan I will say we win the district w a little help from Boyd Co.
  11. Do you mean as to playing time? I think the coaches think they are playing the best athletes. I don't think they play poitics there. Now they do play some guys out of position, but I don't think that is politics either. If politics is playing a factor I just don't see it. I might be wrong though.
  12. First off, congrats to the Vikings. They were a classy group of folks and they should be commended for their effort. I am not making any excuses for our team. They beat us, at home, on Senior Night. A big win for the Vikings. As for the dawgs, well I don't know what to say. I really don't. They took a BIG step back Friday night. They are not getting better as a team. There were some bright spots. Boone ran the ball hard and handled it intelligently. Coty Roberts continues to give it his all. Timmy Hayes will be awesome when he learns to not run straight into people. Coty Patrick looked good. Ben Preston looked good. We need to work on snapping the ball and not just on long snaps. Half the time when Boone was in the shotgun, he had to leap to receive the snap. This throws everything off. Rowan county did a great job of preassuring the quarterback. He had a hand in his face all night. Defensively, well we can't wrap anyone up. Hopefully we'll get out of Breathitt w/o injuries. I am very worried about Greenup Co now.
  13. Russell is a fine team with great support, but i believe that Lawrence county coming off a big win last week will be poised for the upset on Homecoming. LC 21, Russell 14.
  14. They left us a message...................
  15. I hope this is our break through week. We need to play a good solid mistake free game. I think Boone is ready to show everyone why he is the quarterback. I thought the coaches mixed it up well against Pburg. We need to make the tackles on defense. Don't give up the big plays. I know it sounds like a cliche, but our guys really need to get fired up. Someone needs to step up and be the leader of this team. As a fan, and supporter I feel the boys owe us their best effort, don't lay down if the team scores on you. If we should lose this game things will get ugly in Louisa.
  16. For Chandler's sake I hope not. He is a very good athlete. I would like him to get just a bit more physically mature. If he were a horse I would call him a very promising 2 yr old.
  17. Who is Tony Franklin, and why would we want to run his "stuff"? We'll run the Billy Goldsmith stuff!!
  18. Can we win? Yes. Will the coaches makes the changes that need to be made? Maybe. Pburg has got a pretty solid team right now. We will have to play a mistake free game if we wish to compete. Use our running backs more. We have 3 or 4 kids who can get 100yds a game. We have a better than average passing threat, which is being overused. Use some bigger guys on the line.
  19. Sorry Cardinal fans, but Belfry has the better team at this point in the season from top to bottom. Dials is a nice breakaway runner. Hensley guided the team well. Good luck the rest of the way. As for my Dawgs, we could have won that game last night. Boone had a good night. Only one drive did he just miss some passes. There were too many dropped balls. I don't kmow what the coaches see in practise, but they are playing alot of guys out of position. Bad snaps, line penalties, lineman getting getting shoved around.
  20. Well, I just hope we win. I don't care if my grandmother is the quarterback. (Though she has good lateral speed). Hope you enjoy the game tonight...
  21. I have to disagree with you here. These are premium players, and baseball is their primary sport. There were several all star combines they needed tp participate in. I think they are doing the football team a favor.
  22. It sounds like you have some insight regarding the situation. What makes you think it will be sooner rather than later?
  23. He will be quarterback when he proves he can do it at the varsity level. Most of his success has come when the game is out of reach, though he has looked good in jv and freshmen action. I am going to stick with Boone till he proves he can't do it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.