Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence County Head Coaching Position Officially Open!

Featured Replies

I, personally, think Chad Tackett would be a great fit in Lawrence Co. He rebuilt the Fairview program, and is now an assistant at Ashland. I don't know if he is currently interested in being a head coach, but if he is it would be great for Lawrence Co and for Chad.

 

I was waiting for you to jump on this topic :D Chad Tackett from what I have been told from asking around could possible be a very good fit for LC.

 

One thing however you cant do as a head coach at LC and expect to be productive is play politics. An external hire is what we need.

  • Replies 248
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was waiting for you to jump on this topic :D Chad Tackett from what I have been told from asking around could possible be a very good fit for LC.

 

One thing however you cant do as a head coach at LC and expect to be productive is play politics. An external hire is what we need.

 

I was waiting for the right time.:D

 

I'm just a big fan of Chad Tackett, a great coach and a better person. He is young, energetic, and a quality coach. Lawrence Co would do well under his leadership. I know a limited amount about the politics in the school system, but Chad is smart.

I was waiting for the right time.:D

 

I'm just a big fan of Chad Tackett, a great coach and a better person. He is young, energetic, and a quality coach. Lawrence Co would do well under his leadership. I know a limited amount about the politics in the school system, but Chad is smart.

 

If he is interested and if he believes he can do a good job then I expect to hear his name thrown around. LC just needs someone to come in here and light a fire under the entire program.

 

The youth leagues are developing great talent and sending them to the high school level and from there it just seems to drop off.

If he is interested and if he believes he can do a good job then I expect to hear his name thrown around. LC just needs someone to come in here and light a fire under the entire program.

 

The youth leagues are developing great talent and sending them to the high school level and from there it just seems to drop off.

 

I heard they had a pretty good 6th grade team.:D

Does anyone think some bigger names will apply for the job than what we in LC expect??

 

I certainly do. Imo this job would draw attention state wide.

Now, as I said before I don't believe that LC would have to look very far for a Quality "outside the system" cantidate should they want to go that route. Say......no futher than Ashland maybe :sssh:;)........Just a thougt. I do believe that his would a great opportunity / Coaching job for anyone.

I would certainly think that the LCHS program would get quality applicants rom a number of places.

I was waiting for the right time.:D

 

I'm just a big fan of Chad Tackett, a great coach and a better person. He is young, energetic, and a quality coach. Lawrence Co would do well under his leadership. I know a limited amount about the politics in the school system, but Chad is smart.

 

:thumb: I agree on Coach Tackett, as you said he is an excellent football coach and even a better person. Tackett is ALL about the kids. He has proven that over and over and he certainly has had to address "political" situations :sssh: in the last couple of years and more. Should Coach Tackett be intersted then I would suggest that the LCHS system look very hard at him as a coach if they want a man that is in it all for the kids. The man is Class.

So, there you have my personal opinion which with it and .99 cents you can buy any one of a number of items off of the McDonalds or Wendy's dollar menu :D.

Coach McCoy of Magoffin Co. .

 

I REALLY like your thinking on this one, but IMO McCoy is a little too much of an unknown commodity at this time, and I don't think he is quite ready to make the change from Magoffin to Lawrence. I honestly think that in 3 years McCoy will be one of the best up and coming names in EKY, but you can tell he is still trying to find his niche as a head coach right now.

 

Going from Magoffin County to Lawrence is a different world when it comes to external pressure and expectations. Right now he is building a perennial doormat into respectability, at Lawrence he would be RESTORING a perennial power to it's rightful place. At this time I just think McCoy is alittle too inexperienced as the head coach in a big game situation to make such a jump.

But... hefrom all indications he will get there soon.

 

The difference ebtween Magoffin "Pre-McCoy" and Magoffin now, is VAST. Not only are the Magoffin players much more fundamentally sound, but the entire program just has the feel of being much more professional and well ran. In 2-3 more years it would not surprise me for Magoffin to pass up Pike Central and start to actually be competitive with Belfry and Sheldon Clark.

ABSOLUTELY!!! There has been way too much controversy with him throughout the years in the youth league PLUS I would think the fact that he left LC to graduate from another school system for sports should haunt him now.

I, honestly, tried not to comment on this, and I am not trying to start a fight, but I have to take up for Morgan Cyrus. I have know him and his some of his family for 5 or 6 years, and I think a lot of him.

 

Do I think that Morgan would be the best varsity coach for LC, I don't known the answer to that. Morgan is very passionate about football, and he is even more passionate about Lawrence Co. I find the comment about him graduating from another school inappropriate. I played against him, and yes he did transfer, and if you ask him, I think he would have rather stayed at Lawrence Co, but when we are young we sometimes make less then perfect decisions. Morgan is as much a part of Lawrence Co Football as anyone. And he would fight anyone for it, and I have seen him come close.

 

As for transferring, Lawrence has lost a few good football players over the years to transfers, but they have benefited from several new players transferring in as well. As with many, if not all, programs around the state, and country.

 

Morgan and several members of his family have done a great job with the LC JFL, they, in my opinion have left it much better then it was when they found it, and have made it a quality league. I have seen the LC JFL in action over the last 7 years and I can say that from the first 2 or 3 years to this past year I saw a big difference, and it was for the good.

Lawrence County has an excellent coaching candidate who is already wearing an NAIA Championship ring. IMO, Alan Short is highly qualified for the job.

I have to agree that LC youth program is exceptional. Our feeder program really took off when Coach McPeek was here. He was the first to ever grace Saturday's youth games followed by Billy, both of whom seemd to have a genuine interst in the feeder program, and those are some of the younger kids playing for LC right now. I personally have only hearsay knowledge of Cyrus so I by no means am an expert of the subject but I really don't think the powers that be will look his way. Lc has some kind of phobia about local guys in charge!!!

Anyway, I hate to see Lc have to go thru another rebuilding but I suppose it is time.

I heard they had a pretty good 6th grade team.:D

 

I dont know about that, I guess they are just lucky :D

 

Son, that Raceland 6th grade is one heckuva football team. Got one of the best young centers coming up:thumb:

Lawrence County has an excellent coaching candidate who is already wearing an NAIA Championship ring. IMO, Alan Short is highly qualified for the job.

 

This name never crossed my mind but I would be happy with it. IMO, a real fast hire would be a HUGE mistake at this point.

Billy Goldsmith is an outstanding person and coach. One of my best weeks of football was working with Coach Goldsmith the week we beat Tennessee in the all star game. He was a big part of winning that week. He knows the game and has a tremendous rapport with kids.

 

And, if you can get a hold of the video, he can dance a little. :laugh:Our kids at Mason County still talk about that video. I showed it to every class while I had it. No wonder kids love him!

Billy Goldsmith is an outstanding person and coach. One of my best weeks of football was working with Coach Goldsmith the week we beat Tennessee in the all star game. He was a big part of winning that week. He knows the game and has a tremendous rapport with kids.

 

And, if you can get a hold of the video, he can dance a little. :laugh:Our kids at Mason County still talk about that video. I showed it to every class while I had it. No wonder kids love him!

 

Coach Goldsmith is a very great person and loves all his kids. Was always there to make kids laugh and to learn. I wish him the best anywhere.:ylsuper:

I think it will have to be someone young and willing to take the job and naive enough to believe the politics of LC won't matter. The fact is, the politics do and will matter there and no seasoned coach will even consider this school.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.