Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence County Head Coaching Position Officially Open!

Featured Replies

What are some names that should be thrown out as a great fit for the job?

 

One name that I was thinking of has already been mentioned in a couple of earlier post. IF he is interested I would thin tha Chad Tacket would be one good cantidate.

  • Replies 248
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One name that I was thinking of has already been mentioned in a couple of earlier post. IF he is interested I would thin tha Chad Tacket would be one good cantidate.

 

I have heard this name brought up more than once and I didnt hear it on here either.

I sincerely dont see Chuke coming back. Heck, I dont see the possibility of him even considering it.

 

I heard this from Coach Williams personally about a year ago:

 

"The worst thing I ever did was leave Louisa. I had it made, but didn't realize it at the time."

 

Take that for what it's worth...

Chuke came back to Paintsville during the 2005 football season. He took a job on the Paintsville coaching staff as an assistant. All plans where for him to come in and be an offensive coordinator for the that season under Head Coach David Lemasters and then take over the Head Coaching position in 2006 after Lemasters retired. My understanding is he sort of "cut some throats" along the way and thus Jim Tom Allen is coaching the Paintville Tigers, not Chuke Williams. I couldnt see him lasting in Paintsville anyway. But to my knowledge he still lives in Paintsville.

 

The situation centered around a Paintsville coach of a different sport not wanting Coach Williams to inherit the football HC position. That other coach, instead, did it himself (which led to a "burn out" after only one season at the helm).

 

It made for some rough days at PHS. :creepy:

I heard this from Coach Williams personally about a year ago:

 

"The worst thing I ever did was leave Louisa. I had it made, but didn't realize it at the time."

 

Take that for what it's worth...

 

Um, WOW!!!:banana:

...

 

I am in Johnson County 5 days a week and people that know me know that I am from Lawrence County have asked me everyday this week what I am hearing, thats the interesting part LOL:lol:

 

It isn't about interest directly in the Bulldogs, I'm afraid. (But I suspect you know that... ;) )

 

Knowledgable Johnson Co. football fans are acutely aware of the hit its team would take if Lawrence Co. kept its own kids in-system.

 

:bunny:

It isn't about interest directly in the Bulldogs, I'm afraid. (But I suspect you know that... ;) )

 

Knowledgable Johnson Co. football fans are acutely aware of the hit its team would take if Lawrence Co. kept its own kids in-system.

 

:bunny:

 

I think its that and a mixture of if LC ever gets rolling again then its going to be a war of football powers on Highway 23.:lol::lol:

Um, WOW!!!:banana:

 

Sent you a PM...

Sent you a PM...

 

Got it and send it back.

It isn't about interest directly in the Bulldogs, I'm afraid. (But I suspect you know that... ;) )

 

Knowledgable Johnson Co. football fans are acutely aware of the hit its team would take if Lawrence Co. kept its own kids in-system.

 

:bunny:

 

Im unaware of anyone besides Nathanial Dials who made a move from LC to JC. Who else has?

Dials is the only one I can recall to be honest.

Corey Humphrey transfered to Paintsville.

Humphrey and Dials both could have easily helped the Bulldogs break .500 this year. They are two "high quality" players, that would have made a big impact on Lawrence Co.'s football team this year had they stayed in Louisa.

OK, I have been off of BGP for 2 days and look what I miss. :eek:

 

First off, If Coach Goldsmith does leave I wish him and Boone the best wherever they land. I have known Billy since he arrived in Louisa with his rap music and Florida State pajama pants. We hit it off right away cause we both liked the Seminoles. I know he was excited about being back at LC, but like Fan has said politics was too much involved in the football program.

 

I don't see Chuke going back there and I have said this before, " Chuke come to London, Ohio and coach" :D I like Chuke as a coach and motivator, I know some kids and parents didn't like his style but you know what he provided results.

 

Now, who would be Goldsmith's replacement? I like some of the names that have came out in this post. I think Tackett would be a good fit. I am not sure but did he play for Fairview also? And if he did, did he play with Eddie Dixon?

 

As for some other names, Morgan is a great guy but I am not sure he would have the time needed to be a Full time Head Coach.

 

Alan Short is a possibility. Not sure if he wanted to come back because of the pressure of him being a former player and the fans wanting that old magic back instantly.

 

Blake Preece is another possibility. I know he reads on here maybe he can personally give us his feelings on the position.

 

I know 2 former LC grads whose names will not come up:

Jason Michael and Phillip Ratliff

Jason is coaching in the NFL and IMO will be an NFL Head Coach one day.

Phillip is back at his College Alma Mater 'Marshall'. Phillip could very well be a Head Coach in College or at least a Coorindator either offense or defense some day.

 

I really think LC needs to look all over the state and even out of state in neighboring WV and OH.

 

One thing for sure that whoever gets the job, be open with the fans about your plan for the program and they will give you time to get the job done. " Is 2 years long enough to get it done, :lol:"

Tackett did do a good job previously.

 

Some others that come to mind and I don't know all of their names are:

 

1. Hillard Howard's son (Ben?)

2. Chapman from Breathitt

3. Pike Co. Central's HC

4. Sheldon Clark's HC (don't know if he would even be interested, though)

5. Chuke Williams (BUT, kind of afraid that since he's been out of coaching for a while - just like Goldsmith - he may have lost his edge)

6. Tackett

7. ?

 

I think that all of the above would be viable options.

 

I believe we should go out of the county(program) to find a HC and he needs to have some previous experience and success. If it's an assistant, I would prefer one that has been a top assistant at a program when they won a state title. Whoever is hired should keep at least a couple of coaches, especially, Blake. He came at a difficult time and wasn't given a chance. For now, I think he would be a great assistant for anyone and future HC.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.