Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence County Head Coaching Position Officially Open!

Featured Replies

Just to throw this name out there I have heard the name Eric Ratliff being mentioned. Anyone have any info on this guy??

 

 

Isn't he the East Ridge coach?

  • Replies 248
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off I just want to say that I like Goldsmith as a person and I wish him well wherever he goes.

Chuke-doesnt want to coach and is happy teaching drivers ed

Cecil-doesnt want it

Luke Sammons-why is he even mentioned? I like him but he has only coached two years and he coaches middle school

Tackett-is next in line for the Ashland job and it looks like Hart is going to retire.

Dixon-If we dont hire him it will be the biggest mistake ever. He has coached here 10 years and deserves a shot. If you ask any former player who they want to play for it would be Dixon. He will go back to the belly and not stay with this awful Tony Franklin system. Im afraid if we overlook him this time that he will leave.

 

I only see two names on here that probably will get the job. ( Chuke and Luke )

Chuke Williams DOES want to coach and isn't he at the Carl Perkins facility?

Luke Sammons is a guy only a few at LC know really well.

Eddie Dixon IMHO is a good coach but not a Head Coach. And he will never leave LC guarnteed.

Joey Cecil, I heard doesn't want to coach anymore.

Chad Tackett's name only came up on here and nowhere in LC is he being mentioned.

 

I know Chuke upset alot of people when he left LC but one thing for sure he WON games. One thing for sure fans need to make sure they stay on top of this and voice their opinions on whoever applies for the job.

I don't think this is a great job personally they will have a tough time finding a great quality coach in my opinion. Even though you could win a district championship pretty soon simply because the other teams are so evenly matched. Lots of teams would love to compete in a 4 team district that's pretty even as far as talent. I would say they will try to get a coach from outside the people that are already there, what do you guys think?

  • Author

With this school administration we have now you can never tell what they will do... We need a experienced quality coach that has been in a winning program. A coach that is willing to take the time to rebuild this team. We need a coach that will go into the high school and get all the boys that did not play because of whatever reason to come out and play. Will the administration take this into consideration or will they hire because someone is a member of someone's family?

With this school administration we have now you can never tell what they will do... We need a experienced quality coach that has been in a winning program. A coach that is willing to take the time to rebuild this team. We need a coach that will go into the high school and get all the boys that did not play because of whatever reason to come out and play. Will the administration take this into consideration or will they hire because someone is a member of someone's family?

 

My opinion counts for nothing but Chuke left here on his own-he doesn't deserve to come back.

My opinion counts for nothing but Chuke left here on his own-he doesn't deserve to come back.

 

I don't think dawgtradition79 was talking about Chuke in his post. The person he is referring too has been mentioned in this post because of their loyalty to the program for the past 10 years or so and because of the family he is married in too.

I know....I just threw in a late opinion to his name being mentioned earlier.

fanofkyfootball, you seem to know a lot about LC coaches and administration what years did you play? Who did you play under?

UKBLUE1964,Chuke DOES NOT want the job and has said he will not apply. Ask him yourself.

I know Luke and everyone else that coaches at LC and Luke is just not ready he has no experience.

Dixon will leave he was at the last 2 pikeville games on the sideline and has had numerous offers.He will definetly be gone if he doesn't get the job.

Dixon deserves the job and is the best candidate in my opinion. He is qualified, loyal, and a hard worker. I can see him and Blake Preece working together and turning that program around.

  • Author

IMHO I think we need a change. A new coach from a winning program and the ablility to bring all the kids out to play. Dixon will want to run the belly and I think Blake likes the spread offense... Do you think that will work when coaches want to run diifferent offenses?

The head coach will decide what offense to run. Besides, who said both would be the offensive coordinator? One of them could run the defense, the other do the offense. Two great coaches in my opinion and it would be a shame if the administration lets either one of them get away.

  • Author

I want what's best for Lawrence County football and I know you do too...

The administration needs to take it's time for this hire. We don't know who is going to apply for ths position. There has been some rumor that people are trying to get Billy to stay. Maybe that would be the best thing. what do you think?

That would be fine also. Billy is a great coach and man, and I would let my son play for him anyday. Sounds to me like the problem doesn't necessarily lie within "who the coaches are" but rather the support the program needs from the administration and community. The whole community, including the school and administration need to buy into what the coaches are selling, and then the program will take off once again. From what I understand there is talent there both in the players and the coaches currently on staff. Something is missing and finding that something will be the most important thing the program needs to do this winter.

UKBLUE1964,Chuke DOES NOT want the job and has said he will not apply. Ask him yourself.

I know Luke and everyone else that coaches at LC and Luke is just not ready he has no experience.

Dixon will leave he was at the last 2 pikeville games on the sideline and has had numerous offers.He will definetly be gone if he doesn't get the job.

 

:rolleyes::rolleyes:Whatever:rolleyes::rolleyes:

 

 

If the fans get a new person in charge of the QB Club, Chuke could very well be back. The current person in charge of the QB Club brought Luke in and he wants him to be Head Coach. But alot of people are really upset with the way he has ran the QB Club and wants him out.

Dixon will not leave LC. Like I said before because of the connections he married into.

If Chuke does not get the job, then they need to look elsewhere outside of who is already there.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.