Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence County Head Coaching Position Officially Open!

Featured Replies

  • Author

UKBLUE1964... Maybe I should run for the president of the QB Club... Do I have your support?

  • Replies 248
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UKBLUE1964... Maybe I should run for the president of the QB Club... Do I have your support?

 

Yes you do. I will spread the word around. :thumb:

  • Author

What say you lawrence County folks? I have been around the program for years..:dancingpa:banana:

LC administration has to look at the big picture, just like all programs do.

 

First, building a great staff is not easy. If the current staff supports Coach G, I would think they need to check themselves and see that all is not broken.

 

However, if the staff is not happy and things are broken then it may be more than Coach G.

 

If an assistant wants to be a head coach then he may need to leave LC versus wanting the LC job only.

A lot of fans in Lawrence County want Chuke Williams back. I have heard from former players under Chuke that he wanted to coach. Chuke is a great coach, and definately would qualify for the job if he applied. I am unaware of the politics in LC, but Chuke should get a chance if he wants it. No one should hold a grudge because Chuke went to Bourbon County. If they offered him a significant raise, in door practice facility, etc..... It would be hard to turn down.

  • Author

I am totally confused!!!1 Which is normal for me.. Does Chuke want to come back and coach or doesn't he? I am hearing two different stories here... Somebody PM me with Chuke's number and I will call him myself and finally put this matter to rest....:confused:

A lot of fans in Lawrence County want Chuke Williams back. I have heard from former players under Chuke that he wanted to coach. Chuke is a great coach, and definately would qualify for the job if he applied. I am unaware of the politics in LC, but Chuke should get a chance if he wants it. No one should hold a grudge because Chuke went to Bourbon County. If they offered him a significant raise, in door practice facility, etc..... It would be hard to turn down.

 

Indoor practice facility??.....not at Bourbon County.

I am totally confused!!!1 Which is normal for me.. Does Chuke want to come back and coach or doesn't he? I am hearing two different stories here... Somebody PM me with Chuke's number and I will call him myself and finally put this matter to rest....:confused:

 

1-800-Belly Read 24/7 :lol:

  • Author

Let's hear everybody's pick for the Head Football Coach for Lawrence and why he should be coach and his qualifications... Let your choices be heard!!!!!!!

I do not want to see Billy leave. He is hardworking and dedicated, all the boys like him. He puts in alot of extra time and expense hauling kids home from practise, not to mention the time and effort put in by his wife and daughter. They are a super group.

 

My #1 priority as the father of a player(s), would be to find anyone who would play the most qualified person at each position regardless of parental strings being pulled. We have reached a state of affairs where we have some really good athletes who are not participating because they see how unfairly they are treated. If you are a kid from Webbville, or Blaine then you have two strikes against you from the get go. I am not just referring to football either. The current system weeds out boys in middle school without seeing how they will physically mature. We need to keep our young kids playing as long as we can in all sports.

Indoor practice facility??.....not at Bourbon County.

 

They had one at one time. I know they had one there when Chuke was there. It sits right next to the playing field. It was a big tan building if I'm not mistaken.

They had one at one time. I know they had one there when Chuke was there. It sits right next to the playing field. It was a big tan building if I'm not mistaken.

 

Locker room and weight room.

Let's hear everybody's pick for the Head Football Coach for Lawrence and why he should be coach and his qualifications... Let your choices be heard!!!!!!!

 

Chuke Williams... Qualifications are obvious. If Chuke Williams is not in contact with LC, then LC should seriously be after Chuke. Chuke Williams knows football and is a winner. He pushed EVERY player to give his all. I know parents have been against Chuke in the past but he made their kids play to their potential. A lot of players that played under Chuke really respected him and thought a lot of him. What other PROVEN coaches are candidates for the LC coaching job? Ed Dixon is a good coach, and would be a nice assistant under Chuke. I would like to see Dixon get the LC coaching job one day, but I don't think he is ready. But if LC is hiring a coach already in the system, they should hire Dixon.

Well, look what I have been missing! :rolleyes:Remember that LC loves their football and whoever is brought in ;) will have the support from the community....for a while. These fans want to get back to winning, flat out. Don't get me wrong they will be patient, but the coach(s) will need to be moving in the right direction and not backward. I personally would not have a problem with Chuke. Yes he left, but he thought that that was the right move for him at the time. Turned out, it wasn't and hindsight is 20/20. Would love to see Alan back, possibly as an assistant, but who knows? The young man certainly knows football and would never leave home if the fit was right! I think that we would defintely see the belly back (talking about the type of offense:D).

I think that we defintely need to sit back and see what people express interest, who knows, some may surprise us. I know of one coach that would have loved the job when it was offered to McPeek (after Chuke left) and later went a little farther south down US 23 :sssh: I wouldn't have loved that, but hindsight is 20/20, right? :thumb:

:fire::fire:

 

 

If the fans get a new person in charge of the QB Club, Chuke could very well be back. The current person in charge of the QB Club brought Luke in and he wants him to be Head Coach. But alot of people are really upset with the way he has ran the QB Club and wants him out.

Dixon will not leave LC. Like I said before because of the connections he married into.

If Chuke does not get the job, then they need to look elsewhere outside of who is already there.

 

Ok in my post did I mention Who was in charge of the QB Club? NO I did not. But for some reason this person called my house last night while I was at work. What is odd about this is that I did not tell this person my BGP ID name and I know only a few people on here know who I really am.

So to whoever told him my real name I do not appreciate it and if I find out who I will let Guru know.

Now for the QB Club President this is a public forum where people can talk and give their OPINIONS without revealing their identity. If you had a problem with my quote please respond in a PM or a Post, But DO NOT CALL MY HOME. :mad::mad:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.