Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence County Head Coaching Position Officially Open!

Featured Replies

Lawrence should look at the Belfry Staff. It is rich with talented young coaches.

  • Replies 248
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russell fans do NOT want to lose Coach Morris. I hope he is not considering leaving for this vacancy.

 

I don't know if he is even listed as a cantidate or not but he imo would make LCHS a very good coach.

 

 

I am 100% sure that Lawrence Co. will get some very good applicants for this job from all over the state as well as locally.

JMO it will come down to if some people will get out of whoever the new coach may be's way and let him coach his team in his way.

I don't know if he is even listed as a cantidate or not but he imo would make LCHS a very good coach.

 

 

I am 100% sure that Lawrence Co. will get some very good applicants for this job from all over the state as well as locally.

JMO it will come down to if some people will get out of whoever the new coach may be's way and let him coach his team in his way.

 

:thumb::thumb:

TTT Whats the latest??

 

Anybody heard anything yet?

  • Author

Here is the latest on the position... The job has not been officially posted yet but should be soon... I really hate that Goldsmith is leaving.. He is a great person and really cared about the program. But he did not have the support of the players families and were in a constant battle with them . There are alot of names being heard for the coaching position.. But we do not know what this school administration will do. It just boggles the mind of what I have heard that the person they want is already on staff. I think the people of Lawrence County should have a say on who gets hired JMHO!. I think qualifications should matter and a winning record with experience running a winning program. I know thats a lot to wish for but thats just me. UKBlue1964 send me a PM and I will give you more information on this matter because I know you are a loyal bulldog fan.:thumb:

Here is the latest on the position... The job has not been officially posted yet but should be soon... I really hate that Goldsmith is leaving.. He is a great person and really cared about the program. But he did not have the support of the players families and were in a constant battle with them . There are alot of names being heard for the coaching position.. But we do not know what this school administration will do. It just boggles the mind of what I have heard that the person they want is already on staff. I think the people of Lawrence County should have a say on who gets hired JMHO!. I think qualifications should matter and a winning record with experience running a winning program. I know thats a lot to wish for but thats just me. UKBlue1964 send me a PM and I will give you more information on this matter because I know you are a loyal bulldog fan.:thumb:

 

 

:thumb:

Here is the latest on the position... The job has not been officially posted yet but should be soon... I really hate that Goldsmith is leaving.. He is a great person and really cared about the program. But he did not have the support of the players families and were in a constant battle with them . There are alot of names being heard for the coaching position.. But we do not know what this school administration will do. It just boggles the mind of what I have heard that the person they want is already on staff. I think the people of Lawrence County should have a say on who gets hired JMHO!. I think qualifications should matter and a winning record with experience running a winning program. I know thats a lot to wish for but thats just me. UKBlue1964 send me a PM and I will give you more information on this matter because I know you are a loyal bulldog fan.:thumb:

 

What kind of support are you talking about from the players families we came and supported the team at the home games and the away games we laugh and we have cried with the team just what kind of support can the families do give him money or gifts or something which is illegal that kind of stuff comes from the booster clubs and if I remember right you don't have to be a parent to be a booster member and I have been pretty close to the program and I wouldn't know what family Billy couldn't get along with oh sure they are always people that aren't happy about something but if he couldn't take a little heat from some fans then he isn't a coach because all of these coaches have been in the fire before and know how to handle that kind of stuff I think they might have been some parents that didn't like Coach Goldsmith but didn't have the nerve to take it up with him personally and they get on here and try to bad mouth him for all that's went wrong and if you would ask him he will tell you that he takes all the blame for not winning more games that takes a pretty good fellow to take that kind of heat for stuff that he never had a lot of control over . IMO the support he needed and never got was from the administration not the families we had forty some kids on the team this year and I would bet money that you wouldn't find more then five of these families that wouldn't go to war with Mr Goldsmith I know I would be proud to be standing beside him when it got started. If the community wants this program to turn around then they need to show it at the polls come election time and vote for the school board members that will get the right administration back in the system. Not just for the sports but for the academics also. That's were we can make a statement .

  • Author

I agree DadofaDawg, We the people of Lawrence County should stand up against the current school administration and make our voices heard when we vote for the school board members and the hiring of any coach for our Athletics program. I know there were a lot of player's families that supported Billy. I also know there were some that didn't support him. But for the problem at hand is now we need to let the administration know that we will be watching the hiring of our new coach very closely. I know you are as passionate as I am about the future of our Athletics programs at Lawrence and wanting them to succeed. But can they succeed with current administration we have now???

Only Time will Tell!!!!!! Go Dawgs!!!!!!!:thumb:

What kind of support are you talking about from the players families we came and supported the team at the home games and the away games we laugh and we have cried with the team just what kind of support can the families do give him money or gifts or something which is illegal that kind of stuff comes from the booster clubs and if I remember right you don't have to be a parent to be a booster member and I have been pretty close to the program and I wouldn't know what family Billy couldn't get along with oh sure they are always people that aren't happy about something but if he couldn't take a little heat from some fans then he isn't a coach because all of these coaches have been in the fire before and know how to handle that kind of stuff I think they might have been some parents that didn't like Coach Goldsmith but didn't have the nerve to take it up with him personally and they get on here and try to bad mouth him for all that's went wrong and if you would ask him he will tell you that he takes all the blame for not winning more games that takes a pretty good fellow to take that kind of heat for stuff that he never had a lot of control over .

...

 

 

This may be the longest run-on sentence I've ever read... :eek:

What kind of support are you talking about from the players families we came and supported the team at the home games and the away games we laugh and we have cried with the team just what kind of support can the families do give him money or gifts or something which is illegal that kind of stuff comes from the booster clubs and if I remember right you don't have to be a parent to be a booster member and I have been pretty close to the program and I wouldn't know what family Billy couldn't get along with oh sure they are always people that aren't happy about something but if he couldn't take a little heat from some fans then he isn't a coach because all of these coaches have been in the fire before and know how to handle that kind of stuff I think they might have been some parents that didn't like Coach Goldsmith but didn't have the nerve to take it up with him personally and they get on here and try to bad mouth him for all that's went wrong and if you would ask him he will tell you that he takes all the blame for not winning more games that takes a pretty good fellow to take that kind of heat for stuff that he never had a lot of control over . IMO the support he needed and never got was from the administration not the families we had forty some kids on the team this year and I would bet money that you wouldn't find more then five of these families that wouldn't go to war with Mr Goldsmith I know I would be proud to be standing beside him when it got started. If the community wants this program to turn around then they need to show it at the polls come election time and vote for the school board members that will get the right administration back in the system. Not just for the sports but for the academics also. That's were we can make a statement .

 

 

Pretty true post. But the first time I have seen a 222 word sentence.:D Kinda call that a Runon Sentence. If Lawrence Co Backs could go that long on every play as that sentence is then they would pick up a lot of yards per game.

 

BTW, I agree with you and feel your pain...Lawrence Co Fans are avid fans and deserve a choice.:thumb:

This may be the longest run-on sentence I've ever read... :eek:

 

Barely beat me to that comment..:lol:

So on that note, we as parents have to make it heard what we expect from our school system and demand that they listen to what we have to say. Although that has never seemed to work with this admin, maybe if we are loud enough as a group, we'll get something done. Nobody is more a part of Bulldog tradition that Goldsmith, but I think we need to look at the bigger picture as to why he has to leave.

  • Author

I agree, Let the Revolution Begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:dancingpa

Would TJ Maynard be willing to take the LCHS job? Is he getting tired waiting on Vanderhoof to retire? Just throwing it out there.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.