West Carter 24 Raceland 22

85lived

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Carter came out ready to play, well prepared and well coached. Congrats to the Comets and to Coach Brown on the win. West deserved the win tonight. No Excuses, West outplayed Raceland to win this game.

Raceland appeared to be flat in this one and you cannot do that against anyone and expect to win. Penalties again killed the Rams, a lot of them were what I call "dicipline" or lack there of penalties on the Rams part.

I will wait to hear from some that were at the game.

Kudos to West Carter's Coach brown. I am just now listening to his post game interview and the compliments that he is giving Raceland and especially Coach Vanderhoof are all Class. Brown was talking about Coach Hoof's Christian faith and what a good friend he was and good man.

Let me say that all of Raceland feels the same way about coach Brown. There is not a better person anywhere. West Carter should be proud of Coach Brown and I am sure that they are.

Good Luck to the Comets vs. Mason next week. :thumb:

A few weeks ago I was really confident in Raceland's chances of advancing against Fairview and matching up against LCA again. Now I am not so sure. True playoff contenders do not continue to shoot themselves in the foot with the types of penalties they are. You will not last long in the postseason like that.

Congrats to the kids from West Carter on their win. They gave a great effort on both sides of the ball to earn the victory.

Tough loss for the Rams. Hats off to Rams RB John Scott Carver who worked his tail off tonight as he once again rushed for over 100 yds.

It is gut check time for the Rams as they get back to work to prepare for a very good Fairview football team.

I hope the loss last week did not continue over to this week. The Rams need to move on and get ready for Fairview.

My buddy from Russell has a friend who has a son that plays for Raceland. The dad told him that the team was really devastated by the loss to Russell and he would not be surprised if they lost to West due to the morale after the loss. Sounds like my statement in the prediction thread was truer than many wanted to let on. :eek::sssh:;)

Kudos to West Carter's Coach brown. I am just now listening to his post game interview and the compliments that he is giving Raceland and especially Coach Vanderhoof are all Class. Brown was talking about Coach Hoof's Christian faith and what a good friend he was and good man.

Let me say that all of Raceland feels the same way about coach Brown. There is not a better person anywhere. West Carter should be proud of Coach Brown and I am sure that they are.

Good Luck to the Comets vs. Mason next week. :thumb:

:thumb: Very good post Oldrambler!!!

Best of luck to Coach Brown and the Comets in the playoffs.:thumb:

First off this was a great game, both teams worked hard and deserved to win. The last play was crazy, congrats to Andrew Owens and Ace Puckett on making the biggest play the season so far for west. Raceland was in a tough spot with this game being West Carter's senior night, plus having lost to Russell last week, and having to play Fairview next week in the playoffs. Hats off to them, the were down most of the night and battled back to take the lead. As for K. Brown and coach Vanderhoof, they are clearly to of the nicer men you will see on the sidelines, and both deserve the praise they are recieving. Hopefully both of these teams can put together nice efforts next week and come away with victories.

I have had the privilege to work with Coach Kevin Brown for the past 8 years and let me say that he is a class act all the way. A solid Christian man who instills values in his young men. I have also had several occasions to talk with Coach Hoof. Tonight after our pre-game interview, we just stood and talked about life and it was great. I have known Coach Hoof for a long time and he is truly one of the great guys in high school football. Both schools should be very proud of these men. Life is much more important to them than football!!

Great game by the way. One of the best games I have covered in my career for excitement. Last play of the game, desperation toss that is caught as the horn sounds! Great stuff to end the regular season. Good luck to Raceland and West next week!!!