SAW 4

MJAlltheWay24

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched about half of the first one. You couldn't pay me a thousand dollars to watch anymore of the sequels. I know there are those that love these type of movies, but not me. It's not the gore....they're just bad.....imo.

Well that is your problem right there... the ending is the best.

I thought the film worked fairly well. You know what you are getting going in, BUT this is one of the few horror franchises where the story has actually progressed through each film.

I know when it comes down to it, it's traps and blood that people go see, but the evolution of this character, his reasons for doing what he did and so forth are told fairly well.

Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Halloween. All of those films just relied on death scenes more than story and the fact that Saw is able to satisfy the horror fans as well as continue to tell a decent story is impressive. There are going to be at least two more and considering that these films are made for only around 10 million dollars, they have already seen a profit before the film even hits theatres.

I thought the film worked fairly well. You know what you are getting going in, BUT this is one of the few horror franchises where the story has actually progressed through each film.

I know when it comes down to it, it's traps and blood that people go see, but the evolution of this character, his reasons for doing what he did and so forth are told fairly well.

Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Halloween. All of those films just relied on death scenes more than story and the fact that Saw is able to satisfy the horror fans as well as continue to tell a decent story is impressive. There are going to be at least two more and considering that these films are made for only around 10 million dollars, they have already seen a profit before the film even hits theatres.

I thoroughly agree with you, especially your second statement. I enjoy how the story keeps evoloving and the character development.