Indians 6 Yankees 4

Final.

Cleveland wins the best of 5 series 3 games to 1 eliminating my Yankees.

Hats off to the Tribe and best of luck to them the rest of the way. :thumb:

What a series G. Sizemore had for Cleveland!!

Hopefully this will not be Torre's last game as manager of the Yanks but I am afraid that it was.

Also...........Will Posada be back if Torre is not? Rivera? Will A-Rod opt out?

This off season should be interesting in the Bronx!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yee-Haw, the Yankees are dead. It started out that it was only early and the Yanks would win the AL East easily. Then it got later and the Red Sox would choke and the Yanks would come back. Then it was the Yankees would crush (isn't this what y'all said) the Red Sox confidence by cutting down their margin to nothing and the Sox wouldn't escape the first round, then it was the Yanks will beat the Red Sox in the ALCS. Gosh that had to hurt--probably not as much as being up 3-0 in 2004 but still.......I'm not going to say that the Red Sox will win the Series, I only predicted them to win the AL East and the ALDS, however all you Yankee fans need to take the pinstripe tainted glasses off. This team cost a quarter of a BILLION dollars and couldn't win it's own division. Why? Because it was constructed exactly like the 6 previous Yankee teams. It was built to draw walks, hit for a decent average and mainly to hit homeruns against most teams 3-5 starters. In the regular season with Tampa, Baltimore and Toronto in your division that works great. However, if you have to face Sabathia and Carmona, Martinez and Schilling or Verlander and Bonderman in the playoffs you aren't going to hit for a high average, walk much or hit those homers. So then how will you win? Rivera does you no good if you aren't ahead and the rest of the bullpen is, well, bad. Any bullpen in which Kyle Farnsworth plays a key role is bad, PERIOD. Then you've always got the defense which is--well, average. So you lose close series. Torre is going to take the fall for this but it should be Cashman (if he wanted these players) to fall on his sword. In actuality Steinbrenner should butt out, admit he pushed for a lot of these guys and let the younger guys play next year. Unless the latter happens look for the Yankees to be looking up at the Sox for the foreseeable future.

Gentlemen,

Let us NOT take this thread and discuss "what about the Yankees next year" or "the Bosox".

Let us instead admire the play of the victor.

From the lack of press coverage the Indians have gotten this year, including this just completed series, very few even realize this Cleveland team tied for the best record in MLB. IMO, that's the major reason the Indians were considered the underdog here. This series has shown what they bring to the diamond.

It's party time here...

:dancingpa :dancingpa

Gentlemen,

Let us NOT take this thread and discuss "what about the Yankees next year" or "the Bosox".

Let us instead admire the play of the winning team. From the lack of press coverage the Indians have gotten this year, including this just completed series, very few even realize this Cleveland team tied for the best record in MLB. This series has shown what they bring to the diamond.

It's party time here...

:dancingpa :dancingpa

Any idea what Clevelands payroll is this year?

My take:

1 - The Yankees will be tremendously remiss if they allow for Torre to go off into the sunset.

2 - I will look for Jose Reyes and Lastings Milledge to be traded to Minnesota for Johan Santane

3 - lastly, I look for Alex Rodriguez to sign as a free agent with the NY Mets......

I know this is a stretch, but not too far with how deep the Mets pockets go.

I was really surprised early, the Yankees didn't try to advance runners over in the game, after falling behind.

Indians outplayed them and were extremely clutch, with 2 outs. I was wrong about this series also.

Knowing you're a baseball-oriented person, I'm surprised at you S3. You, of all people, should know the team to beat is always the one with better pitching. If the game of baseball turned more on offense, the Indians may have won 2 or 3 World Series from '95-'00.

Cleveland pitching had been better through the regular season and was FAR better in this series. :cool:

About $65 Million.... that's less than 1/3 the payroll of the team they did away with tonight.

And...a little more than 1/3 of the team they'll be playing next.

I think a couple of the NL teams have a lower payroll also. Hmm. So it can be done. Congrats and good luck to the Tribe.:thumb:

My take:

1 - The Yankees will be tremendously remiss if they allow for Torre to go off into the sunset.

2 - I will look for Jose Reyes and Lastings Milledge to be traded to Minnesota for Johan Santane

3 - lastly, I look for Alex Rodriguez to sign as a free agent with the NY Mets......

I know this is a stretch, but not too far with how deep the Mets pockets go.

RP...

1 - Torre won't go anywhere. It was all a ploy to take the spotlight off his players. Steinbrenner (aka, the devil) has done this before.

2 - It'll take more than that to pry Santana loose...LOTS more.

3 - ARod will stay in NY and collect his HUGE paycheck. That's what he's about.

-but-

How 'bout them Cleveland Indians ?!?!?!?!?!

:ylsuper: :thumb: :ylsuper:

I think a couple of the NL teams have a lower payroll also. Hmm. So it can be done. Congrats and good luck to the Tribe.:thumb:

Actually, I think the Rockies are in the lower 1/2 of payroll, also.

It can be done with difficulty, sure...but what's impossible is keeping a successful small market team together for more than 1 or 2 years. Once players qualify for free agency, big market teams (NYY, Bosox, NYM, Cubs, and LAD) take what they want by signing them with BIG money.

Which, by the way, is how the Yankees, past and present, and Red Sox (currently) sustain a "dynasty" - they simply BUY the best players from the rest of the league creating privately-owned All-Star teams.