Indians 6 Yankees 4

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing you're a baseball-oriented person, I'm surprised at you S3. You, of all people, should know the team to beat is always the one with better pitching. If the game of baseball turned more on offense, the Indians may have won 2 or 3 World Series from '95-'00.

Cleveland pitching had been better through the regular season and was FAR better in this series. :cool:

I like to surprise on occasion....I stated on another thread, I thought the Yankees offense would be too much, for the Indians but I was wrong. The Yankees pitching matched up well, in the #2 and #3 slots, but the Indians took advantage of the opportunities and didn't allow the big inning.

The Indians dominated the series pitching wise and the ability to hit, with runners in scoring position was outstanding.

The Yanks lost that series as much as the Tribe won it. A wild pitch in game 2, 3 solo home runs in game 4 and 3 starters that couldn't last more than 4 innings. Yes, the Indians hitters had something to do with that but there were a lot of things going wrong for the Yanks last night. I've never seen a game where there were THREE ground balls hit in the infield, that were NOT hit hard enough to turn two.

Also, the Indians had at least two bloop hits to score runs. Although, Sizemore hit a shot!!! You know what they say, better to be lucky than good.

Seriously :D the tribe played better all around and deserved to win. BTW, you would think George would realize by now that you can spend a 'Brazillion' dollars on hitting but you'll go nowhere if you don't have pitching. Also, if he lets go of Torre, this team will be set back 5 years.

I'll be rooting for the Indians all the way, until they play the Rockies...

Oh, and another thing. If I see another person complain about A-Rod not being able to produce in the playoffs I'm going to vomit. No one hit for the Yanks in this series and they're all calling for his head. They would've been home a week earlier if it wasn't for him...

Oh, and another thing. If I see another person complain about A-Rod not being able to produce in the playoffs I'm going to vomit. No one hit for the Yanks in this series and they're all calling for his head. They would've been home a week earlier if it wasn't for him...

If he had hit into as many DPs as Jeter did the past couple of games, he would be a wanted man in NY right now. The captain did not live up to his reputation - he stranded probably more runners than anyone else in the series (along with Posada who was brutal).

If AROD had any sense, he would take his stick to a place that would actually welcome him.

Congrats to the Tribe; first on their ALDS series win, and second for sending the Yankees home.

Whoever said, in effect, "let's celebrate what the Indians did" is correct. Just about everything I'm hearing today about the series is "will Torre be gone", "why can't the Yanks hit with 2 out", "what happened to A-Rod, Jeter and Posada", etc.

How about a little love for the Tribe, who I believe tied Boston for the best record in baseball? Timely hitting, along with taking Game 2, which I thought was critical, got the Indians to the next level.

Congratulations Cleveland, and thank you!!!

:thumb::thumb:

I'd love to see him against NL Central pitching 70+ games per year and playing at Houston and Cincy...:scared::scared:

I'd say New Yorkers would really think how stupid they are if he played in Boston and hit it at the Green Monster 75 games.

:thumb::thumb: Absolutely.

Will the Red Sox beat the Yankees in the playoffs...

...oh wait, we don't have to. :dancingpa:lol:

It broke my heart to see that score flash across the screen...

Indians 6, Yankees 4...Cleveland wins series 3-1...:fire: