Indians 6 Yankees 4

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see ARod sign with either the REd Sox or the Mets for less money than the Yankees are offering, just to perturb Steinbrenner.

A figure that I heard earlier today (on espn) is that it would not be a surprise if his agent may be asking............are you ready?? :D 10 year - 350 Million $$$$$$$ contract!! :scared:

Oh, and another thing. If I see another person complain about A-Rod not being able to produce in the playoffs I'm going to vomit. No one hit for the Yanks in this series and they're all calling for his head. They would've been home a week earlier if it wasn't for him...

AMEN!

The Indians outplayed the Yankees, period. Paul Byrd pitched a great game. Look at it this way, when one team hits 13-25 with two outs and the other 0-12, the later is going to lose every time. The Indians just hit better, pitched better, and wanted it more then the Yankees.

Hats off to the Tribe. Yankees appeared to play with little or no emotion.

I think the opposite true. I think they pressed. The lack of getting RISP in is the giveaway - tooo anxious to make the "big" hit.

And the absolute WORST things a hitter can do vs. Paul Byrd is to get impatient. Byrd's pitching style is similar to Maddux's.

Will the Red Sox beat the Yankees in the playoffs...

...oh wait, we don't have to. :dancingpa:lol:

It broke my heart to see that score flash across the screen...

Indians 6, Yankees 4...Cleveland wins series 3-1...:fire:

You realize, of course, this is NOT necessarily good news for the Red Sox ?

:sssh:

You realize, of course, this is NOT necessarily good news for the Red Sox ?

:sssh:

I don't necessarily think that the Sox will win the ALCS but we'll just have to see--I know that I'm glad that if it goes the distance that 4 games will be at Fenway. I also think that moving Schilling to the #2 spot in the rotation will be a key--the Sox have had success off of Carmona and Matsusaka pitches better at home. It will be interesting. The Sox won't be scared--I'm sure of that.

I don't necessarily think that the Sox will win the ALCS but we'll just have to see--I know that I'm glad that if it goes the distance that 4 games will be at Fenway. I also think that moving Schilling to the #2 spot in the rotation will be a key--the Sox have had success off of Carmona and Matsusaka pitches better at home. It will be interesting. The Sox won't be scared--I'm sure of that.

If DiceK pitches better "at home", then why bump him back to Game 3 ? THAT one will be at Jacob's Field. Or does Beckett have another blister and he's pitching Game 1 ?!?!?

"success off of Carmona" ?? I assume you're referring to last year when the Indians tried him as a closer? I'd suggest you refer to the only game Carmona pitched (as starter) vs. the Sox THIS year. He shut the Sox out on July 25.

No, neither team will be "scared". That much is for sure. It ought to be a tightly played series, IMO. A lot of tense innings for both teams.

:cool:

I don't necessarily think that the Sox will win the ALCS but we'll just have to see--I know that I'm glad that if it goes the distance that 4 games will be at Fenway. ....

This sounds like you believe the Sox are the underdogs. How can you believe that?

The salaries of Beckett, DiceK, and Manny are about the same as the ENTIRE Indian team !!

If DiceK pitches better "at home", then why bump him back to Game 3 ? THAT one will be at Jacob's Field. Or does Beckett have another blister and he's pitching Game 1 ?!?!?

"success off of Carmona" ?? I assume you're referring to last year when the Indians tried him as a closer? I'd suggest you refer to the only game Carmona pitched (as starter) vs. the Sox THIS year. He shut the Sox out on July 25.

No, neither team will be "scared". That much is for sure. It ought to be a tightly played series, IMO. A lot of tense innings for both teams.

:cool:

You bump Dice K back to game 3 because if the Series drags on then he will be pitching in either game 6 or the decisive game 7 at home, I'll still take him on the road vs. Westbrook or Byrd, the Sox grind nibblers like those two to pieces. In the first two I'll take my chances with Beckett (4-0 1.72 ERA in the postseason) and Schilling (8-2 1.93 in the posteason) However you slice it Carmona has pitched 9 Innings vs. Boston (he did not pitch a shuthout, the Tribe shutout the Red Sox but he didn't go the distance) and has a 5.00 ERA.

It'll be an interesting series.

This sounds like you believe the Sox are the underdogs. How can you believe that?

The salaries of Beckett, DiceK, and Manny are about the same as the ENTIRE Indian team !!

Beckett made 6.7 this season, Dice-K made 6.3 and Manny made 17. So the Tribe only had $30 Million in payroll? According to USA Today it was more llike $63 Million........Either way the Tribe had all those sellouts in a row, they could have spent the money if they had wanted. It's a free market.

Beckett made 6.7 this season, Dice-K made 6.3 and Manny made 17. So the Tribe only had $30 Million in payroll? According to USA Today it was more llike $63 Million........Either way the Tribe had all those sellouts in a row, they could have spent the money if they had wanted. It's a free market.

"All those sellouts" came in the mid '90's...and they DID spend then. Payroll of the 2000 team was ~110 million. And you should know as well as I ticket sales aren't enough. Media contracts are the biggest difference of means between large and small market teams.

uhhhh, don't disregard the $52 million Sox management paid just to negotiate DiceK's contract. ;) (I meant Schilling instead of Beckett in my original list).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/salaries/red_sox.html

C.C. is the highest paid Indian @ 8.7 million. That's 1/2 mill. more than Julio Lugo, but leaving SEVEN Sox players making more.

No, the RedSox aren't quite as much a mercenary team as the Yankees. And if it makes any difference, I don't have the soulful antipathy of the RedSox like I do the team from NY. :sssh::lol: