St. Xavier 24 Trinity 15

BuddyBW

As previously advised St. X's theme this year was "Nothing can stop us!" with the umbrella suggesting we won't be stopped this year even if, again, there is bad weather. Coach Glaser use this motto as motivation but it was the students who brought the umbrella to this game to show support and reminder of this years theme. Continued questioning as to who brought the umbrella to the game seems a bit obssesive and bottom line is the umbrella reiterated X's motivating theme "Nothing can stop us!" I liked it, it worked.

Many enjoyed the broom and umbrella, and some may even find pleasure in the disgruntleness some T fans have with this. CR, although it's probably not your intention, X fans can relate to your avatar as a reminder and source of St. X celebration. So thanks, I like it, too.

Sure, the state championship is the ultimate destination, but, as is life the journey is half the fun. :dancingpa

Thanks for sharing your opinions. I now know where you stand. We disagree. :thumb: If Trinity is ever lucky enough to sweep St. X in this modern era and the players bring a broom on the field or the head coach brings an open umbrella to the trophy presentation at midfield, my position will not change.

I'm glad you like the 2005 avatar too. Sometimes you have to look beyond the image to get the deeper meaning. :cool: Your quote about the journey being half the fun could not ring truer. It was my favorite "sweep" ever. :lol: ;) :lol:

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I agree. His father is a math teacher at Trinity, so he is the carpool driver.

Was his dad teaching Math at Trinity before the kid enrolled? If not, I have a huge problem with dad being hired the same year that the kid enrolled. If so, that makes sense for him to drive the kid from Frankfort. However, the way it was explained to coaches from the KHSAA is that if anyone from Frankfort wants to attend a Catholic school, it has to be Lex Cath because we are in the Lexington district of Catholic schools. If this is not the case would someone please clarify this more for me.

Was his dad teaching Math at Trinity before the kid enrolled? If not, I have a huge problem with dad being hired the same year that the kid enrolled. If so, that makes sense for him to drive the kid from Frankfort. However, the way it was explained to coaches from the KHSAA is that if anyone from Frankfort wants to attend a Catholic school, it has to be Lex Cath because we are in the Lexington district of Catholic schools. If this is not the case would someone please clarify this more for me.

I would look on T's web site. Think it list all teachers and how long they have been there. Better e-mail and ask him. :lol:

Back to the game....what does this put the entire series at for win/loss/tie?

I wonder if there are any out of state players on either of these teams, Trinity or St Xavier, I know in the mountains you can not live in Tennessee and play high school sports in the Eastern Kentucky area.

I would look on T's web site. Think it list all teachers and how long they have been there. Better e-mail and ask him. :lol:

Back to the game....what does this put the entire series at for win/loss/tie?

Now, TD, you are opening a new can of worms with that question. :D X leads the overall series; that much is beyond dispute. However, the devil is in the details. Last year's game was stopped due to lightning with Trinity leading. X and T agreed that the game would be considered a "no contest." The parties later learned that the KHSAA rules specify that Trinity won. Depending upon your opinion (and, coincidentally, that often depends on your allegiance to X or T) X leads 33-29 or 33-28. If your position is that KHSAA rules take precedence (and your allegiance is to Trinity) it is the former. If your position is that when two parties look one another in the eye, give their word and shake on it (and your allegiance is to Saint X ) it is the latter. :D:D:D

I wonder if there are any out of state players on either of these teams, Trinity or St Xavier, I know in the mountains you can not live in Tennessee and play high school sports in the Eastern Kentucky area.

Completely false. Proof that you can be from out of state and play at public schools. But anything further should be taken to a different thread/forum. This is discuss the game.

It should be like the 1969 Derby, 2006 should have an "*" indicating the following footnote: The game was stopped with ~ 2:00 left in 1st quarter due to rain and lightning (With Trinity leading 10 - 0). Both schools agreed to call it "no contest". This game should go down in history as a tie.

So => St. X leads Series 33 - 28....

:thumb:

^ Do you think that Trinity would hold on to Beatty if he had a loosing record to X???

I know its an IF Question, but address it for what its worth.......

Has he still won 5 of the last 6 State titles and been to the Finals every year he has coached but one?

^ Tell my son and his teamates T didn't win that 2006 game. Just count your blessings the storm came when it did. There were several cases of "stuff" left to be opened that night and if you don't beleive that then you must be a member of the 33-28 club. Why can't my fellow X alum get over it? I really do not understand.

At that point, less than 1/4 into the game, you were ahead by 10 points. Rain comes, and it's called and you won as a result of being ahead at the time there was rain. You also happened to be up 11 points in the third quarter just a few weeks ago, and ended up losing that game by 16. I've seen a lot of things happen in football and I refuse to say that a team that is winning before the first quarter is even over is the team that would win the game. If the roles had been reveresed, I would say the same thing. I don't think you count the game as a tie, but rather, a no contest, just like the two schools agreed to call it.

Guys ease up a bit here.. The question on coach Beatty is fair. There is absolutly no question he has done an oustanding job at Trinity. But that is not the question. Reread the question..... "IF" I know, IF questions are speculation. We all seem to do a lot of speculation on here so I thought why not speculate on this topic. I know that Servino and Wright got out of the coaching seat for "other" reasons, I just have to think that D.L had an influence on their decision..... Which brings me to the question at hand, Would Trinity hold on to Beaty if he had a losing record against St. X?? A simple explaination and reason is fine, I was just wondering. I dont think he would ever have a losing record to the Tigers, He has done an outstanding job......

^ Tell my son and his teamates T didn't win that 2006 game. Just count your blessings the storm came when it did. There were several cases of "stuff" left to be opened that night and if you don't beleive that then you must be a member of the 33-28 club. Why can't my fellow X alum get over it? I really do not understand.

I really felt that I did a passable job of laying out the positions in my earlier post. Review with an open mind and you should be able to understand both positions. Sometimes our biases preclude being able to see the other guy's position. :D