St. Xavier 24 Trinity 15

BuddyBW

^ Ok, I've heard a kid gave it to him and he opened it on a whim... and now I hear he brought it for motivational purposes. Whichever the case X-nation get the story straight. Either way, he was saying "look at me". He could have just worn yellow shoes.... wait, that's been done. Anyway, that was Friday night and now it's Monday... I'm moving on. In fact, it won't kill me if St. X wins state this year. I am going broke buying Trinity State Championship clothing every year for Christmas!

VEry well said......................;););)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the post. It's tough sometimes to sift the wheat from the chaff. At the risk of being excoriated by the T and X faithful for butting my nose in the elite Louisville teams' business (it's happened before), I enjoy reading a cogent and insightful post about the actual game referenced by the thread title. Umbrellas, brooms, and merit scholars are at best tangential to the discussion; at worst totally irrelevant.

X 24, Trinity 15. Thanks to jimmyref (and to give credit where it is due, there are a few other informative posts scattered throughout this thread), I have some idea as to why the score was what it was.:thumb:

And thank you for a nuetral perspective on all the extraneous garbage being posted.

Thanks for the post. It's tough sometimes to sift the wheat from the chaff. At the risk of being excoriated by the T and X faithful for butting my nose in the elite Louisville teams' business (it's happened before), I enjoy reading a cogent and insightful post about the actual game referenced by the thread title. Umbrellas, brooms, and merit scholars are at best tangential to the discussion; at worst totally irrelevant.

X 24, Trinity 15. Thanks to jimmyref (and to give credit where it is due, there are a few other informative posts scattered throughout this thread), I have some idea as to why the score was what it was.:thumb:

Just for the record, I posted the number of merit scholars as a joke.

And yet another explanation of the spontaneous, student section inspired, motivational tool, this year's theme of overcoming, it was only kids umbrella prop.

This is getting good. Any other explanations about the umbrella? :lol:

CentreRocks in a landslide!!!!

Next election in December...

Make no mistake.....NOBODY and I mean NOBODY will be able to fill the late LSURock's shoes in terms of Coach Glaser jabbing. Anyone who thinks they can is just a Pretender. I've been chuckling all weekend thinking about what he would have come up with on this one. :lol:

How did the Leach Kid do for Trinity the one from Frankfort? He has a brother that plays at Franklin County's Middle School.

How can a kid that lives in Franklin County's east side go to Trinity? Is that legal? I thought that Franklin County was in the arch-diocese of Lexington which means if he was going to go to a Catholic school he must go to Lexington Catholic.

How can a kid that lives in Franklin County's east side go to Trinity? Is that legal? I thought that Franklin County was in the arch-diocese of Lexington which means if he was going to go to a Catholic school he must go to Lexington Catholic.

I don't really have an answer. But I do know that he does, in fact, live in or near Lexington. So I guess it's ok for him to come all the way to Trinity every morning if that's really what he and his dad want to do.

That is a long drive, gotta admire that carpool driver.

I wonder who has X's longest drive.

You have to admire that dedication.

Thanks for the kudos. I just wanted to get the discussion going. I am not sure why people won't discuss the game. What if you say your coach made a bad call? I did> I would like to see some thoughts.

Just wanted to hear what the Rock faithful thought of Beatty going for 2 after being backed up. Did he just get caught up in the moment and not think of the implications of missing it? Especially when he has one of the best (senior) kickers in the state. The PAT would have been a chip shot, and then the Rocks feel good going into the onside, knowing if they recover and score, they have a shot to tie. After failing to convert the 2 point conversion, it was as if the game was already over, since it was a two possession game with less than a minute to play. In my opinion, it was a poor call, but then again, I don't get paid to coach, so I wanted to hear what the T fans thought about that call.

I agree it was horrible....BUT it worked...granted there was a penalty....and then I certainly agree, that he should've kicked it.

I keep forgetting that it is still 2003? How about that Carmelo Anthony in the NCAA finals? I heard there's a senior in Akron St Vincent St Mary's that is better than him. Is John Kerry running for president?

I believe the thread says St Xavier 24 Trinity 15. 2007. Times change.

What if it were 2005 :sssh: :lol: