St. Xavier 24 Trinity 15

BuddyBW

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard about that and I am interested. Do you know how much money you have to put up for it? And where can you find it?

It is $40 and you can get it at Cissna Sporting Goods for sure. You can also get it at several other shops around town and online. I would try to "google" it for more information.

The purpose of the broom is to signify the winning of the Freshman, JV and Varsity games a "sweep" for this weeks game. Also, the 'sweep' has never had anything to do with the state championship game, it is strickly significant of the Freshman, JV and Varsity game series, although I do agree the state championship is the more important. It has been a while since T has had an opportunity to bring out a broom and perhaps that is why several T fans have a misunderstanding of what the broom represents.

The purpose of the umbrella was indicative of this years motivating theme:

"Nothing Can Stop Us"

IMO, the more X is reminded of their motto, the better for X, so feel free to highlight their team's theme as much as you like, it's a motivator.

Congrats X you deserve your fun!:thumb:

Great job St. X! Congratulations to Coach Glaser, assistant coaches, players and all the tigers for a fantanstic, successful, winning week! Special acknowledgement to the OL for a great job ;). Stay focused. Good Luck! Go Tigers!

Let's take a look at the state championship column... I see 17 for Trinity, and, how many is that for St. X? ...and how many more years has X been around?

Pick the stats that you want to embrace. Keep living in the past.

However Brohm, Hennesey and Tydlacka aren't playing this year.

Here's the stats from this year and this team.

Scoring St X 69 Trinity 35 ( all levels )

Turnovers in Losses- 7

Average points given up in 3 games against top teams- 33 (x,x, bg)

Number of T first downs while Cincy St X scored 28 straight points- 1

We only brought four (pass rushers) in the first half, then we went to five and then six. You saw what happened when we did that on that play," said Coach Specht( Cincy Saint X). "... We had to say, 'That's not us,' and we went back to what we do and tried to make them earn it."

Last 18 minutes against Cincy St X 34-7

First 27 minutes against Louisville St X- 14-3

Trinity points in the 19 minutes between Phillips TD's- 0

Average number of points in second half in losses this year -13

( adjustments ?)

Length of 3rd quarter punts in losses- 24,28,22,26

Rushing yards for Finch after the first carry- 124

Rushing yards for Cincy St X in second half-183 ( Tired?)

Kickoff touchbacks by St X's sophomore kicker -2

Kickoff touchbacks by T's senior kicker -1

Interceptions on this year-

Trinity 6

St X -0

Maybe the most important stat that reflects leadership

Heuser and Zoeller- starting against Trinity

3-0

I would suggest that you stop picking on our coach. Our coach is undefeated this year.

I disagree with him as to your side of the bracket,

We've seen a pretty good team from Lexington that may be the most talented team in Kentucky that may surprise you in the 4th round this year. Good luck making your adjustments.

If it is all about this year, great! This year is not over yet. Or did you forget the "Last Game"? You see, history is important.

I trust you had a great celebration with your umbrellas and brooms. Hang them up in the locker room to remember your great accomplishment (2nd sweep in 4 years). I trust Trinity will go back to work as usual with one goal in mind (6th Title in 7 years). Hope you can make it to the next party. It should be fun!

Pick the stats that you want to embrace. Keep living in the past.

However Brohm, Hennesey and Tydlacka aren't playing this year.

Here's the stats from this year and this team.

Scoring St X 69 Trinity 35 ( all levels )

Turnovers in Losses- 7

Average points given up in 3 games against top teams- 33 (x,x, bg)

Number of T first downs while Cincy St X scored 28 straight points- 1

We only brought four (pass rushers) in the first half, then we went to five and then six. You saw what happened when we did that on that play," said Coach Specht( Cincy Saint X). "... We had to say, 'That's not us,' and we went back to what we do and tried to make them earn it."

Last 18 minutes against Cincy St X 34-7

First 27 minutes against Louisville St X- 14-3

Trinity points in the 19 minutes between Phillips TD's- 0

Average number of points in second half in losses this year -13

( adjustments ?)

Length of 3rd quarter punts in losses- 24,28,22,26

Rushing yards for Finch after the first carry- 124

Rushing yards for Cincy St X in second half-183 ( Tired?)

Kickoff touchbacks by St X's sophomore kicker -2

Kickoff touchbacks by T's senior kicker -1

Interceptions on this year-

Trinity 6

St X -0

Maybe the most important stat that reflects leadership

Heuser and Zoeller- starting against Trinity

3-0

I would suggest that you stop picking on our coach. Our coach is undefeated this year.

I disagree with him as to your side of the bracket,

We've seen a pretty good team from Lexington that may be the most talented team in Kentucky that may surprise you in the 4th round this year. Good luck making your adjustments.

I keep forgetting that the season ended Friday night...

I was at both games and no, I don't think that the defense I saw last night was as good as the one at Cincy X. Penalties hurt the Trinity offense last night. Louisville St X played a great game and deserved the win, but Trinity had a lot of self inflicted wounds. Especially in the first half Stein had a lot of time to pass. There were open receivers. Sometimes he missed them, but several times the play came back on a hold. Trinity's offensive tempo last night wasn't good. X contributed to that, but a lot of it was the penalties.

My response to this is that Trinity had to hold to prevent the sack. If they do not hold St. Xavier has the sack and loss of down. The rush was intense at times and Trinity had no answer on the O-Line. The rush at time took Phillips (a great runner) out of the game because he had to help with pass protection.

What was the deal with Glaser and the umbrella? Was he auditioning for Mary Poppins II? I thought that was pretty stupid.... talk about not letting go of the past. Coach... let go of the "L" from last year and enjoy your 2007 "W". P.S. Umbrellas are not allowed in PJCS. That is not a good example to show your team.

He did not bring the umbrella for your benefit. He brought it for his own motivational purposes. This St. Xavier team needed to believe they could win. Just because Trinity won by 10 points last year in one quarter does not compute to a loss by 40 in a 4 quarter game.

Glaser is a master at motivation and making his kids believe. As a Trinity supporter I can see how you can look at it as a dis on your team. As a St. Xavier fan I know it was a you got to believe despite what you have been through.

I have heard enough excuses.... The game was played, the teams were coached, the result is X 24 - T 15. No amount of excuses or threats of December will change the outcome. Its over. Lets all move on to the next week and prepare are teams for playoff runs..... If we meet again, may the "best team win".... I think I heard that Friday night....

:walk:

GO TIGERS...

Why don't you people, both X and T fans alike, stop reading into what your oppossing coach says and/or does after each game. This is meant to be about the kids; so why don't we keep the focus on them?

:thumb:

Thank You.:thumb:

^ Ok, I've heard a kid gave it to him and he opened it on a whim... and now I hear he brought it for motivational purposes. Whichever the case X-nation get the story straight. Either way, he was saying "look at me". He could have just worn yellow shoes.... wait, that's been done. Anyway, that was Friday night and now it's Monday... I'm moving on. In fact, it won't kill me if St. X wins state this year. I am going broke buying Trinity State Championship clothing every year for Christmas!