St. Xavier 24 Trinity 15

BuddyBW

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support Trinity no matter what the score is. I guess you have never experienced that feeling of "supporting your team no matter what" though, otherwise you wouldn't have said that. ;) :thumb:

Shamrock you have no idea who OX is and you are SO wrong on this post! :thumb:

So this is what I have gotten out of this thread...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

We all know the broom/umbrella was a bad idea...

Trinity has a cake walk to state...

Shamrock thinks Ox is not a "real fan" of his team...

Trinity has won 17 state championships (in case ya'll didn't know)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So back to the actual talk of the game!!

^I'm with you on that call Buddy. I would have kicked the xp. Then if by some miracle you get the onsides kick... and by another miracle you score, you may have some momentun and a better chance for a 2 pt conversion. Nice to know we can agree on some things!

I agree that you have a cool avatar!

First, congratulations to X. #29 (I think I have the right number) had a great game, and his family is extremely proud of him!

Secondly, Rocks, you have nothing to hang your heads about! You gave it your best effort, and anything that happened in that game can be rectified well before the State title is awarded! On to the march to #18!

GO ROCKS GO!

RM, you're right, Chase had a great game. He's a great lax player and has a nice family as well. A couple of his older brothers played as well. Tough kids.

He does not know what a fair catch signal is and that's not a bad thing! Fearless!

RM, you're right, Chase had a great game. He's a great lax player and has a nice family as well. A couple of his older brothers played as well. Tough kids.

Chace showed up at school today in a leg cast. He has a severely sprained ankle and will be in the cast for at least two weeks. The good news is that his season is not over.

Joe Barito has written a book on the history of the St. X/Trinity football game, I highly suggest it for all of you history buffs. In the meantime , this thread is about the 2007 game. Let's try to keep it that way.

Here's the website with purchase information. This book is just under $40 and is "coffee table" quality. Great Christmas gift for anyone who bleeds green-and-gold or green-and-white. Joe is a Trinity grad with St. X sons, and the book is balanced and interesting - highly recommended.

http://www.thegameoftheyear.net/

... I trust you had a great celebration with your umbrellas and brooms. Hang them up in the locker room to remember your great accomplishment (2nd sweep in 4 years). ...

You've brought to my attention a question. As I am aware of St. X's most recent 'sweeps' of this 3 game series, in 2005 (highlighted in Center Rocks avatar) and this year's sweep in 2007, when did Trinity last 'sweep' this series? Truly no flame intended, I'm just not aware of when/if T has won the 3 game series, and since the broom seems to be such a touchy issue with the T fanbase I'm guessing it has been awhile. I am very curious as to when did T last 'sweeep' this 3 game series.

You've brought to my attention a question. As I am aware of St. X's most recent 'sweeps' of this 3 game series, in 2005 (highlighted in Center Rocks avatar) and this year's sweep in 2007, when did Trinity last 'sweep' this series? Truly no flame intended, I'm just not aware of when/if T has won the 3 game series, and since the broom seems to be such a touchy issue with the T fanbase I'm guessing it has been awhile. I am very curious as to when did T last 'sweeep' this 3 game series.

My best guess would be 2003 when Trinity beat X in the regular season and Finals. Maybe 2002 as well??? I'm not that well versed on the lower levels.

My best guess would be 2003 when Trinity beat X in the regular season and Finals. Maybe 2002 as well??? I'm not that well versed on the lower levels.

My memory says you are correct-I think both 2002 and 2003. I know the 06 Seniors (05 football year) lost JV and Frosh level games to the Rocks before winning regular season Varsity in 04 and 05. The 07 Seniors (06 football year) Tigers lost as Frosh but beat T at T JV year.