St. Xavier 24 Trinity 15

BuddyBW

You missed my point. I know the record of St. X and Trinity in the playoffs, the question is, who on the "Trinity side of the 6A bracket" will give the Rocks trouble in the playoffs prior to the Final game? Hence, that is why I feel Trinity will be in the final, lack of good competition couple with excellent coaching by the Rock staff.....

;)

I think you are missing the point. In the nine years since the last St X win over the 'Rocks in the playoffs, they have lost three times to a team from their side of the bracket and once to a team from the X side of the bracket. What in that record makes you think that the X side of the bracket is so much tougher? Last year X had a chance to keep Trinity out of the finals, but they got blown out by a Male team that then lost to Trinity.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if this thread runs it's course like some previous ones... about now a person from the losing school says. Well, you won the game but we have better academics." So, what's the tally on National Merit Semifinalists this year?

I wasn't going to bring it up... but since you asked. Trinity has the most in the state with 10 I believe. :D

I did not realize that they were so many history majors at Trinity; they seem to multiply after a loss. I stand by my statement that St. X will not look past any game on their schedule and no one is guaranteed a free ride to the finals. I also believe that you cannot compare the past with the present in this instance; this is a different year, different teams, different players, and different attitudes. As stated before, we can agree to disagree.

What I do know is that St. X won despite losing their QB, TB, S, and kick returner to injuries and blew several golden opportunities on both offense and defense due to penalties, mistakes, and turnovers. So while St. X played better than Trinity on Friday night, they did not play a perfect game as some on here have insinuated.

I also know that tomorrow is a new day and the St. X football team will work on improving and preparing for Butler. They will take nothing for granted.

I guess the only thing that this thread and the game itself proved is that a team with the World's Best linebacker tandem, the State's Best quarterback, a projected 2000-yard rusher, a Two-Time All-State tackle who plays both ways, two State Championshipship track athletes with glue hands at wide receiver, a strong veteran offensive line, and the proclaimed Nation's best high school head coach and staff is capable of shooting itself in the foot and losing to a team of no names. Miracles do happen...and that's why we still play the game. :lol: :D :lol:

I guess the only thing that this thread and the game itself proved is that a team with the World's Best linebacker tandem, the State's Best quarterback, a projected 2000-yard rusher, a Two-Time All-State tackle who plays both ways, two State Championshipship track athletes with glue hands at wide receiver, a strong veteran offensive line, and the proclaimed Nation's best high school head coach and staff is capable of shooting itself in the foot and losing to a team of no names. Miracles do happen...and that's why we still play the game. :lol: :D :lol:

I thought X "couldn't beat an All American." :D I guess they figured out how to in 4 years.

:sleep: . . . 17-11 . . . . 5-1 That's what IS proven....

Who is on the Saint Xavier side of the bracket?

District-6-1- Apollo, Daviess County, Graves County, Henderson County, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Marshall County

• Sorry. It's not going to happen...

District-6-2- Central Hardin, Greenwood, Meade County, Nelson County, North Hardin

• Nope.

• Saint Xavier has already taken down Manual. Plus they always seem to lose steam in the playoffs. Butler is way down, and PRP is not going to do either.

District-6-4- Bullitt Central, Fern Creek, Male, Southern

• Souther or BC... nope. Male, no way.

Who is on Trinity's side of the bracket?

• Ballard gave Saint Xavier all they wanted without their star RB...

District-6-6- Boone County, Campbell County, Conner, Ryle, Simon Kenton

• Ryle played for the title last year.

District-6-7- Henry Clay, Lafayette, Paul Dunbar, Tates Creek

• Henry Clay has the most talent in the state.

District-6-8- George Rogers Clark, Madison Central, Scott County, Shelby County

• Shelby County has one of the best QB's in the state, but it would be a long shot.

I'm assuming TB = Tail back

X didn't lose Finch until after the game was decided. That had no effect on the game at all.

Do I understand by your statement that you are one of the vast horde of Trinity supporters who gave up the ghost on their team's chances halfway through the 4th Quarter and headed for the parking lot? :D

Come December, I wouldn't trade one of ours for one of yours. Hopefully ours will still be playing.

Do I understand by your statement that you are one of the vast horde of Trinity supporters who gave up the ghost on their team's chances halfway through the 4th Quarter and headed for the parking lot? :D

Nope, I was down in the student section cheering my head off with all my buddies until the final horn.

Why is it so hard for people to to give credit to people when they perform well? I would actually be embarrased if the kids from either school were to read some of the post attacking coaches, players, or anyone who see's things differently from ourselves. X and T are both awesome! T has had some success over the last few years. All of these things run in cycles. All I'm saying is that we need to behave the way we'd like our kids to behave....like adults. It was a great game. X won. T has more state titles than X, bothh overall and in recent history. Hopefully, we'll see both teams again in December but the rest of the state will have something to say about that.

Congrats to all the players, coaches, and fans from BOTH schools. It was a great game...

Of course the road is much tougher for St X. They don't have the Trinity coaching staff.

This isn't the week to talk about who has the better coaching staff. Your 3 QB's in all three levels took a beating. You have Defensive ends covering 30 yards downfield and your All State Lineman tips off every play because he's so worn out. Your Division 1 LB ran past more running backs because he is blitzing almost every play. Is that personnel or coaching?

Have I heard anything about Glaser putting together a solid game plan to beat Trinity? If the playoffs are what is important then why do we play the game? All I heard on this board is what he said or what he brought to accept the trophy. What about getting your team ready to play in front of the biggest crowd of the year 2007? Let me just tell you one thing-I heard X played good and T played sloppy. Ask Male and Lexington Catholic about X playing good. I saw 2 turnovers, and a penalty giving the ball back and a starting QB and RB missing alot of the game. I see both fumbles inside the T 25 yard line stopping 2 scoring opportunities.

This isn't the week to talk about who has the better coaching staff. Your 3 QB's in all three levels took a beating. You have Defensive ends covering 30 yards downfield and your All State Lineman tips off every play because he's so worn out. Your Division 1 LB ran past more running backs because he is blitzing almost every play. Is that personnel or coaching?

Have I heard anything about Glaser putting together a solid game plan to beat Trinity? If the playoffs are what is important then why do we play the game? All I heard on this board is what he said or what he brought to accept the trophy. What about getting your team ready to play in front of the biggest crowd of the year 2007? Let me just tell you one thing-I heard X played good and T played sloppy. Ask Male and Lexington Catholic about X playing good. I saw 2 turnovers, and a penalty giving the ball back and a starting QB and RB missing alot of the game. I see both fumbles inside the T 25 yard line stopping 2 scoring opportunities.

And what's funny is that we aren't concerned because OUR coaching staff has PROVEN that 1) they can adjust to get the best team out on the field, and 2) they know how to win championships......YOUR staff has proven they like to get in as many jabs as possible (which I could care less about), and 2) they can not go undefeated...with the latter who is going to beat X this year? :sssh: