St. Xavier 24 Trinity 15

BuddyBW

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiger fan here...I thought the umbrella was a failed attempt at humour over last year's rain shortened loss. Getting over last's year's storm defeat was a running theme at X during Pride week (witness the gold T shirts with "Sunny Forecast, 100% chance of payback")

I don't see how it could be construed as offensive to anyone, much less considered to be "classless". Corny it was, offensisve it was not. Does anyone really think Glaser believes Trintiy was responsible for making it rain last year? It was a joke people....not a joke about Trinity being a bad team or anything like that...a joke about the weather and the most unusual ending this great rivalry has ever seen. Get it, umbrella is something you use when it rains...it's not something you use to insult football opponents.

The crowd was 37,550, which I think was the second largest crowd for the game.

Sorry. I see it now. Attendance at the T/X game always amazed me and made me proud of Ky HS football. Im from Eastern Ky, but these programs match up with anyone in the nation. Both represent the state of Ky well.

Of the all weeks for my home computers to go on the fritz, it occurred during X/T week! This is the first time I've been able to get on BGP since early in the week! :irked:

Congratulations to the BEST 6A HIGH SCHOOL TEAM IN KENTUCKY! There was a lot of talk before the game, but only one team walked the walk....

TIGERS 24 - Rocks 15! How SWEET it is! :dancingpa

Congrats Oxnard! For some reason, I find myself rooting for your team. Congrats on a big win.

I know you all have been waiting for my 2 cents!! :lol::lol::lol:

First, Congrats to St. X on the win!

Second, I agree the broom and umbrella was not a good idea and not needed. Diogenes I agree with you on your post. We do need to remember that these coaches are human not GODS! (I know some of you probably just fell over because I said Bob the builder does have a human side to him). :lol::lol:

Third, I was very impressed with Stein. Have not had the chance to see him play this year. He is one tough kid and a very good athlete! As always..I love Phillips that kid has spunk.....#6(Leach)? and the Dutton's...Wow again...and I don't care who won the game these kids were fun to watch.

Again congrats to X...first week in December should be fun.

Even if you aren't an X or T fan. You have to admit... the broom and umbrella was tastless and totally uncalled for.

These two schools/teams have so many things simular, which is some of the reasons why it is such a big game.

Both of these schools/teams demand thier kids to hold them selfs higher than the average school/team/and person. For the head coach of one of these teams to do this is not holding himself above average as he expects his kids to do so.

Instead of letting his kids have the spot light of their win, he wants all the attention to himself. We should be talking about the kids, instead we are talking about their 50 something year-old coach. Time for him to act his age and hold him self higher than the average H.S. coach. A bad example for the 100 + players on HIS team. Great example Glaser, keep on staying classy.

Trinity actually had a very good opening drive that took better then half of the first quarter but after they got it in the red zone they had a stupid penalty and settled for a FG. They then missed about 1000 tackles on the second X play and Finch scored. X never trailed after that.

X played very well BUT Trinity played very badly and I'm sorry X fans but it wasn't because of what X was doing. Like someone said every time it seemed that Trinity was going to mount something they shot themselves in the foot.

Time for a gut check on Shelbyville Road.

What game did you watch?

This rivalry is about kids playing their hearts out. It is not about a coach holding an umbrella to express a sentiment about last season or a CEO of a school writing a letter threatening to banish the sponsors (Hibernians) of the trophy unless they turn over the shillelagh. They had originally planned to keep it until this year after the storm shortened game last Septrember.

Both teams probably can play better than they did. Maybe there will be a rematch. I hope so.