St. Xavier 24 Trinity 15

BuddyBW

"4) Down by 15, you score to cut it to 9, On the try you get a penalty to push it back to the 8. Why do you go for 2? What were the chances of making it? It ends the game right there-rather than let your kicker kick it, get within 8 and go for two from the 3 if you get the ball back."

Thanks for pointing that out. I couldn't agree more. I thought that was a very lousy play call. ESPECIALLY since the offense (or defense) hasn't been able to get much done all night it seems like a pretty risky and not thought out call.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the St. X Tigers for the hard fought victory over the Rocks. The 24 - 15 score really does not tell the whole story. I felt the Tigers played an excellent game, although, a bit sluggish on Offense the 2nd half... Defense, well lets just say that the St. X defense controlled the game. Yes, the Rocks got two TD's but one was the "consolation" TD in the final minute when 80% of the Trinity faithfull had already started theirs cars on the way back to St. Matthews........ I dont like to play the "If " game so I wont, but the X Offense left points on the field....

Great game Tigers, finish up regular season and beready to meet the Rocks in December.

GO TIGERS.......

4) Down by 15, you score to cut it to 9, On the try you get a penalty to push it back to the 8. Why do you go for 2? What were the chances of making it? It ends the game right there-rather than let your kicker kick it, get within 8 and go for two from the 3 if you get the ball back.

My thoughts as well

Beatty from paper, "Was that the best D we faced, No.." :rolleyes:

How many points did you hang on Cincy X????

Looked pretty darn good to me and 37,000 others.

Great Game Tigers. See you in December.

:dancingpa

I was at both games and no, I don't think that the defense I saw last night was as good as the one at Cincy X. Penalties hurt the Trinity offense last night. Louisville St X played a great game and deserved the win, but Trinity had a lot of self inflicted wounds. Especially in the first half Stein had a lot of time to pass. There were open receivers. Sometimes he missed them, but several times the play came back on a hold. Trinity's offensive tempo last night wasn't good. X contributed to that, but a lot of it was the penalties.

I REALLY have to disagree with this one. X beat T, T didn't beat T. Trinity did have a lot of penalties, but X was better in all facets of the game tonight. What you said takes away from what the guys in the green and gold did tonight.

You guys were hungrier tonight...but I saw a lot on that field that leads me to feel comfortable that we can bring home #18.....good job Tigers, see you in December..

It amazes and amuses me when I read some of these posts...Apparently according to some St X and Trinity fans, those two are the only two competing for a state championship each year. I fully understand the strength of the two teams, but there are no guarentees...

Have you looked at 4A for the last 20 years?

Sometimes spread out offense is exciting. It was for Florida State to win alot of games and championships in the ACC in years past. But Wake Forest did it last year with running the ball and defense. I think this St X team is similar to Wake Forest and they don't beat themselves. I look forward to the rematch in December if we both make it. Manual and Henry Clay make have something to say about that.

In reality....the score this century is 5-1 in what really matters....and the spread got us there.

Who can Trinity and X fans copmplain to about the SLOW!!!! way we are herded into the PJ stadium??? I left my tailgate at 7:20 and almost missed kickoff. They have got to have more people checking bags and such. The gate I went in (corner of Floyd and Central) had about a 10 foot area to get through and it could have gotten ugly.

It seemed to me the gate had 2 other gates that were closed. :confused::confused::confused:

Great win and I look forward to round 2.

Who can Trinity and X fans copmplain to about the SLOW!!!! way we are herded into the PJ stadium??? I left my tailgate at 7:20 and almost missed kickoff. They have got to have more people checking bags and such. The gate I went in (corner of Floyd and Central) had about a 10 foot area to get through and it could have gotten ugly.

It seemed to me the gate had 2 other gates that were closed. :confused::confused::confused:

Great win and I look forward to round 2.

The two best gates to go through...are Gate 2 ...and Gate 5....much less people traffic.