St. Xavier 24 Trinity 15

BuddyBW

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just followed online, but X led the whole way, didn't they? It doesn't seem like it was ever T's to give away.

Trinity actually had a very good opening drive that took better then half of the first quarter but after they got it in the red zone they had a stupid penalty and settled for a FG. They then missed about 1000 tackles on the second X play and Finch scored. X never trailed after that.

X played very well BUT Trinity played very badly and I'm sorry X fans but it wasn't because of what X was doing. Like someone said every time it seemed that Trinity was going to mount something they shot themselves in the foot.

Time for a gut check on Shelbyville Road.

I'm sorry X fans but it wasn't because of what X was doing.

You're right, it wasn't X's line blowing holes open in T's D. It wasn't X's D getting after Stein and forcing bad passes and getting big stops. It wasn't X having fantastic punt returns. It wasn't the unheralded kicker stepping up and making the plays both on PATs/FGs/KOs. It wasn't the backup QB keeping his poise and not making mistakes. If anything, X could/should have made this game at least 14 points worse than it was, and that's without the starting QB/second leading rusher in the game for 5/8 of the ball game.

Keep your focus Tigers and take the next 9!

GREAT win for X. In another post I tought T would have the better Special Teams play but I was wrong, X did. There field position was huge all night. The new kicker did very well on pat, and the big field goal. Only one of his kickoffs reached the endzone for a touchback but he is a soph. X seems to have a kicker for the future. The rutern game primarly the punt returns were killer, killer for trinity's defense. Can't have that net average on punts and expect to win.

Slow down Buddy, a third of the posts are yours! Congrats to the Tigs who seemed to want this game a little more than T did. I agree that the O-line did a super job for #7. I also agree many of the bullets T fired were in their own foot! X's special teams were more special... that did surprise me. Back up qb came in and made no mistakes, he played well. Flashes of brilliance wwere not enough for the Rocks. I guess it's time for Beatty to regroup and "re-tool". That seemed to work a couple years ago. For now, X marks the spot!

Of the all weeks for my home computers to go on the fritz, it occurred during X/T week! This is the first time I've been able to get on BGP since early in the week! :irked:

Congratulations to the BEST 6A HIGH SCHOOL TEAM IN KENTUCKY! There was a lot of talk before the game, but only one team walked the walk....

TIGERS 24 - Rocks 15! How SWEET it is! :dancingpa