St. Xavier 24 Trinity 15

BuddyBW

There are an awful lot of excuses being made by the Trinity supporters, the chief of which seems to be penalties. If you watched the game closely last night there was a big reason for the penalties. The Tiger defensive linemen and linebackers were blowing through Trinity like water through a sieve. James Carpenter, for one, was having a heyday. It's often a reflexive reaction for an OL to reach out and grab a defensive player who has blown by him to prevent his QB from being killed. Sorry Rocks, you didn't lose it, you got beat by a better team. :D

You said it before I could Ox, you are right on target as usual!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on Zoeller's injury? I was pretty bummed he didn't get to finish the game.

I spoke to Doc H after the game and he said Ben took a helmet to the side of the lower leg and the injury is a deep bruise. It caused the muscle to lock up and he could not flex his ankle. He will be fine in a couple of weeks.

Could someone provide an explanation about the broom and umbrella?

The purpose of the broom is to signify the winning of the Freshman, JV and Varsity games a "sweep" for this weeks game. Also, the 'sweep' has never had anything to do with the state championship game, it is strickly significant of the Freshman, JV and Varsity game series, although I do agree the state championship is the more important. It has been a while since T has had an opportunity to bring out a broom and perhaps that is why several T fans have a misunderstanding of what the broom represents.

The purpose of the umbrella was indicative of this years motivating theme:

"Nothing Can Stop Us"

IMO, the more X is reminded of their motto, the better for X, so feel free to highlight their team's theme as much as you like, it's a motivator.

Congrats X you deserve your fun!:thumb:

The most impressive thing about this win for the Tigers is how they did it on offense. Ben had the T off balance with his running and passing opening up the run for Duece and it looked like St.X was going to light up the score board all night. Ben gets hurt early and X goes to basic smashmouth football. T knew X was going to run it, knew who was going to run it and they could not stop it. Kudo's and game balls to the o-line, the entire defense,Wyatt, Matt,Duece,and fearless Chase. You also have to give it up for Matt Stein he is one tough Nutt (T folks will know what that means) he took a beating and never gave up or lost his poise, played his heart out. The rematch should be a Dandy. For the record Coach G was given the umbrella by some players who got it from the student section, it was spontaneous and I for one can't blame him for being caught up in the moment.

Just out of curiosity....Who is the sweeper in that pic???

Why his name would be important, I can't think of a reason why. :confused: He is a fine young man that is currently sharing residence at college with arguably the Rocks best player (prior to being injured) for that season. Obviously, his roomate wasn't put out as much about the act or holding as big a grudge from the alleged "taunting" as the fans here on BGP. For the record, I seem to remember Coach Bob immediately leading his team off the field after being defeated and they more than likely were already on the bus when this picture was taken during the Tigers celebration. Of course, the more time goes by, the more these HS kids celebration gets taken out of context. :fire:

FYI-the broom came from the student section in this circumstance as well.

Why his name would be important, I can't think of a reason why. :confused: He is a fine young man that is currently sharing residence at college with arguably the Rocks best player (prior to being injured) for that season. Obviously, his roomate wasn't put out as much about the act or holding as big a grudge from the alleged "taunting" as the fans here on BGP. For the record, I seem to remember Coach Bob immediately leading his team off the field after being defeated and they more than likely were already on the bus when this picture was taken during the Tigers celebration. Of course, the more time goes by, the more these HS kids celebration gets taken out of context. :fire:

FYI-the broom came from the student section in this circumstance as well.

I have never watched X or T play a game in my life & couldn't name a player on either team. All I was wondering is who that player was in the pic....I thought it was pretty funny & clever. :thumb:

I feel the Rocks played tight the whole game. Kind of like they were pressing, or feeling internal pressure. It was similar to the way Saint Xavier played against Ballard. It was weird.

The Tigers played like they had been through it all before. No big deal, just another game. They gave Trinity zero breaks.

I see Trinity in the final but I’m not sure there will be a rematch.

The purpose of the broom is to signify the winning of the Freshman, JV and Varsity games a "sweep" for this weeks game. Also, the 'sweep' has never had anything to do with the state championship game, it is strickly significant of the Freshman, JV and Varsity game series, although I do agree the state championship is the more important. It has been a while since T has had an opportunity to bring out a broom and perhaps that is why several T fans have a misunderstanding of what the broom represents.

The purpose of the umbrella was indicative of this years motivating theme:

"Nothing Can Stop Us"

IMO, the more X is reminded of their motto, the better for X, so feel free to highlight their team's theme as much as you like, it's a motivator.

Congrats X you deserve your fun!:thumb:

Great explanation. The broom symbolizing “sweeping” a series has been used for decades. Anyone who has lived in city with pro sports teams has seen it many times during home stands and playoff series. The umbrella was purely a student body prop keeping with the theme on the t-shirts the St. X student body was wearing for the game. Some people just need to lighten up, I am sure if Trinity had won neither symbol would have been seen.

By the way I loved the “We Are Trinity” t-shirts I seen the students wearing.

I have never watched X or T play a game in my life & couldn't name a player on either team. All I was wondering is who that player was in the pic....I thought it was pretty funny & clever. :thumb:

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

I'll let you know if I miss a wink of sleep worrying about what you think as well. Have a great day!